IGNORED

The Squad

SuperRed

When looking at are squad, two things stand out to me:

Firstly, there's so many rejects from other clubs in it, mainly from Scottish Premiership or Championship teams. Pearson, McManus, Bates, Foster, Morris, Anderson, Mark Wilson, Kilkenny, even Stead and Nyatanga. These players were not good enough for other clubs at this level or in the SPL, yet we were happy to sign them.

Second, we have about four players in the squad that we have signed, that we could recoup are money on or make a profit by selling them (Cunningham, Adomah, Baldock, Davies, maybe Ryan Taylor as well).

Compare that to Derby, Clough got rid of their deadwood, and has compiled a squad of young, hungry players, academy products and a couple more expensive signings. That's exactly what we should have done/should be doing.

When looking at are squad, two things stand out to me:

Firstly, there's so many rejects from other clubs in it, mainly from Scottish Premiership or Championship teams. Pearson, McManus, Bates, Foster, Morris, Anderson, Mark Wilson, Kilkenny, even Stead and Nyatanga. These players were not good enough for other clubs at this level or in the SPL, yet we were happy to sign them.

Second, we have about four players in the squad that we have signed, that we could recoup are money on or make a profit by selling them (Cunningham, Adomah, Baldock, Davies, maybe Ryan Taylor as well).

Compare that to Derby, Clough got rid of their deadwood, and has compiled a squad of young, hungry players, academy products and a couple more expensive signings. That's exactly what we should have done/should be doing.

I might be wrong but it sounded to me as if Michael Jacobs played well for Derby today, a player we were linked with but deemed by many experts on here as not good enough because he only played for Northampton.

Archived