IGNORED

Bristol's First £10m Player

whooosh

Remember the quote from the club that Marvin Brown could become the first £10,000,000 player from Bristol? What ever went wrong? Did he become disillusioned at not being given a decent run in the side? I bet he has more England caps than 1st team games! Also, what a waste of wages, bringing in Caskey.

Guest TinnionsTalentedLeftFoot

agreed,how can you expect somebody to improve in the reserves,i have to hold my hands up and admit that DW made a mistake not giving MARVIN a chance as he clearly stated he would when he first took the job,MARVIN was a phenonimal player in the youth teams

agreed,how can you expect somebody to improve in the reserves,i have to hold my hands up and admit that DW made a mistake not giving MARVIN a chance as he clearly stated he would when he first took the job,MARVIN was a phenonimal player in the youth teams
I'm suprised Lita hasn't gone too, treated in the same vain, not quite as bad, but still shifted from 1st team to reserves in a blink of an eye for doing nothing wrong! Wilson get your coat please, you've had your time.

I'm suprised Lita hasn't gone too, treated in the same vain, not quite as bad, but still shifted from 1st team to reserves in a blink of an eye for doing nothing wrong! Wilson get your coat please, you've had your time.
Nailsea Red- I agree we will be lucky to keep him. He must feel as though he can't do anything right.

As for the comments by whoosh about Marvin- I too am so disappointed by his failure to make the grade. I recall an article in FourFourTwo a few years ago- the 50 most promising youngsters in Britain. Marvin was about 20 in the list I think and the comment was "if this lad doesn't make it then someone's not doing their job right". Well...it's so hard to tell how well players will develop but I certainly think his case should be looked into. I am very disappointed that another great talent has slipped away.

We seem to have great knack at killing players' careers. Many young promising players at City in the last 15 years- none really made it. The only player to have gone on to far better things from us and really made it was Andy Cole. Maybe he was lucky he was only here for a year or so.

Many good players signed too who turned out pants.

Not good enough for mens football

wonder how Aaron feels?
There was an interview with Aaron on World not long after he broke his ankle. The question about Marvins future was bought up. I can't remember exactly what was said, but Aaron said that Marvin doesn't want to leave, but understands that he may have to if he want's first team football, and that going out on loan to the few clubs he has played for this season, will hopefully have helped him to "sell himself".

To be honest Aaron like Marvin knows that in football nothing is guaranteed. Let's be honest, even if Marvin did stay does anybody actually think that he would get into the team?

Good move for all concerned I think. Good for the club because they're not going to be paying the wages of a reserve player who will never get into the first team on a regular basis, and good for Marvin as it gives him the oppurtunity of a fresh start away from City.

Good luck Marvin :D

Archived