IGNORED

Derek Mcinnes

NickJ

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="NickJ" data-cid="1682073" data-time="1355608952"><p>

What am I in the naughty chair or something?I've a point to make and I'm making it.Its a effing shambles.</p></blockquote>

Just do it on one thread. Not difficult

Its for effect. Not difficult to comprehend.

Its a effing shambles top down.

Why? Why have you signed at least 4 players that you clearly think are shite?

The 4 signings you're questioned, I view as thus :

M Wilson - No real shock to me when he was signed. We only had 1 recognised Right Back in the squad in the summer (and no I'm not going to count Edwards). Signed on a short term deal and probably not on a very big wage. Cover was required for this position and M Wilson provides this on a short term cheap and easy deal. This was a depth of squad signing.

Anderson - A number of theories in my mind on this one. Possibly signed as we were very much expecting Albert to be transferred in the summer. Possibly signed because Del didn't rate Woolford and wanted to replace him. Possibly signed for depth of squad. Personally I feel he was brought in to play above Woolford who last year Del didn't rate. However, a combination of Anderson being rusty due to not playing much in the last 2 seasons, Woolford's early season form and a necessity to play someone slightly more defensively minded once Cunningham was injured, saw him down the pecking order.

I still remain convinced that once Cunningham regains fitness, we will see a role for Anderson.

Cost nothing and will not be raping the coffers with his salary.

Morris - Many managers like to sign players they "know and trust". Cost nothing and as far as I know is not on a very big salary. Only on a 1 year contract so clearly only brought in as a short term solution to the depth of the midfield. Will not have been signed as a guaranteed starter, but will be expected to contribute during the course of the season.

D Wilson - Signed on short term loan deal to provide cover at centre back. McManus was injured, Nyatanga was injured. J Wilson and Carey are regularly prone to injury. We had just 1 CB who could be relied upon to be fit and available on a regular basis, and that was the currently hapless skipper. Bates was brought in on a short term deal (but again is not a wholesomely match fit individual), and D Wilson was later signed as cover for this position. He's here for another 7 games yet, so lets just wait and see if this signing is justified.

So, all in all, a football squad MUST consist of more than 11 starting players. All of these signings provide squad depth and all of them are not expensive and will not be raping the balance sheet like our previous non-playing squad depth members such as Stewart, Hunt, JCR etc were.

Those 4 players will cost this club approx £1 million this season. And they have improved us.... not one jot. The manager does not know what he is doing.

Back in the real world we're probably talking something more in the region of about £500k - £600k.

Archived