IGNORED

Did Steve Lansdown Get It Right And The Fans / Board Get It Wrong?

bcfcnick

Anybody scratching their heads asking who Derek McInnes is, has absolutely no idea about football.

Any manager can fail at a club they're not suited to. Fergie at St. Mirren, Benitez at Inter, Hodgson at Liverpool etc. etc.

I think Dave Jones would have been a step back into the dark ages, and I think his career from now will show that. O'Driscoll would have been a good appointment, but the fans who expect 'hand grenades' everytime a pass is misplaced would have been upset.

I was for McInnes appointment, and I'll continue to support him. I think that the man can have a successful career, despite his inauspicious start with us. Many people have positive things to say about him, and if he can tweak a few things (like loyalty to an out of form captain, say!) then I think he'll be great.

Indeed. I do find it odd people are saying Dave Jones was clearly the right man for the job when Wednesday sit below us in the table and a lot of their fans are itching to get shot of him.

I also think McInnes will prove himself to be a good manager and have a successful career. I just fear it won't be with us as, for whatever reason, it's just not clicking.

The thing that surprises me is that while at St Johnstone McInnes was famous for his solid if not spectacular teams. I guess it perhaps shows the gulf in quality between the English football leagues and those north of the border....

I for one was more than pleased with the appointment at the time.... and I'll try and keep the faith...You never know... Fergie was once one game away from the sack. (the words straws and clutching spring to mind).

Dave Jones should of got the job DMc and robins shouldn't even of entered the fray.

Jones had proven pedigree at this level but we went cheap and now we are seeing the fallout

Why should Robbins not be involved? He did well at similar sized club to us and was what we needed.

Jones hasn't done that well at Sheffield Wednesday (even we managed to beat them) so I'm not sure he would have added much. He needs money in order to fail ala Cardiff.

Archived