IGNORED

Brian Drysdale

bcfcbs20

Jimmy Greaves is my footballing hero and he scored in fact he scored every time I ever saw play, about 5 times.

Were you at the FA Cup game at White Hart Lane? The twice taken penalty by Tony Ford and Chris Crowe. The sitter missed by Terry Bush then Greavesie showed them all how it was done.

At our Centenary Dinner where he was the after dinner speaker he signed that programme for me. I bought a signed print of the "Boys of 66" for £600 at the dinner. Got the club to give me 2 x receipts for £300 each so I could tell the missus it was only £300! (She knows now......)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bcfcbs20" data-cid="1683236" datao-time="1355780740"><p>

Cheers my Dad's doing a quiz and couldn't remember.</p></blockquote>

1983, Lima, a type of custard. There's his next 3 answers with any luck.

LMFAO thankfully it's all gone quiet on the western front he's either passed out, been thrown out for cheating or he actually knows a question.

Were you at the FA Cup game at White Hart Lane? The twice taken penalty by Tony Ford and Chris Crowe. The sitter missed by Terry Bush then Greavesie showed them all how it was done.

At our Centenary Dinner where he was the after dinner speaker he signed that programme for me. I bought a signed print of the "Boys of 66" for £600 at the dinner. Got the club to give me 2 x receipts for £300 each so I could tell the missus it was only £300! (She knows now......)

I was their with my dad and on the way out after the game, I remember talking an older Tottenham fan who said "well son your team played really well, but you need to take your chances when you get them, you can leave your goalkeeper here, he was brilliant". The legendary Mike Gibson.

I remember that the ref appeared to send Dave Mckay off and then changed his mind for some bizarre reason.

I was their with my dad and on the way out after the game, I remember talking an older Tottenham fan who said "well son your team played really well, but you need to take your chances when you get them, you can leave your goalkeeper here, he was brilliant". The legendary Mike Gibson.

I remember that the ref appeared to send Dave Mckay off and then changed his mind for some bizarre reason.

The bizarre reason was his mate Quig begged the ref not to do it!

Still after 45 years one of my stand out games. My first away match with 55k there with 15k from City. I was on the "shelf" with dad and bro, our lot totally decimated their Park Lane !

Gibbo did have a great game that day - and most days come to think of it.

Archived