IGNORED

Stand Out Moments Watching City In The Championship

Carey 6

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bcfcgilts" data-cid="1683531" data-time="1355841445"><p>

Just thinking of my Stand out moments since city have been in the Championship, my top 5 in no particular order are <br />

<br />

1. That Maynard goal against QPR (Had it been Rooney, they'd still be showing it on ssn now!)<br />

2. Reading away when about 4000 of us went and bounced around, definitely my favourite away day!<br />

3. McCombes overhead kick against Hull.<br />

4. Dele against wolves, 2 nil down at half time in one of the wettest and windiest days at the gate, i remember the roof of the Atyeo going up and down! He comes on and was unstoppable that day, scored one and set up Maynard for the equaliser.<br />

5. The Play offs in first season up. <br />

<br />

yours?<br />

<br />

</p></blockquote>

Pretty much the same as you. Enjoyed Newcastle away as well.

best for me has to be the play offs as a whole closely followed by the reading away game with 4000+ of us, and the players and gary looking genuinely happy to be sharing the whole experience with us at the end! so many other great ones already been mentioned... being a city fan's not all bad eh?

also, not my video but brought a massive smile to my face!

The best already mentioned. I will throw a few more in.

City 3-0 Preston, last game before play offs. We were incredible that day and believed we could beat anyone.

City 1-1 West Ham. I think the whole club found the belief we would stay up.

City 2-1 Middlesbrough. 1 down in last 5 mins. 2 magnificent Paul Hartley through balls for Maynard to smash home to win it.

Despite us losing I thought the games v Sheff.Utd home, when we came back from 0-2 to 2-2 last min then lose with the last kick and the Burnley home game this season 3-4 I thought were magnificant entertainment

Goals for me would be (in no particular order):

Maynard against QPR.

Maynard against Newcastle (can still remember shouting Hit it!! as he cut in and my mate saying "he ain't gonna score from there")!!!.

Noble against Palace.

Trundle against Palace.

Trundle (x2) against S****horpe

Plus many more that i can't remember!!

1. Reading away in front of 4,500, Cider in a can, Bouncing around

2. Palace SF Trundle and mcindoes goals top quality.

3. Mccombes over head

4.Coventry away when we went top

and favourite City moment when we drew with boro in the cup at home, I believe that was our last cup run correct me if im wrong

Remember so many of those already mentioned, and witnessed a large number of them live.

But one memory (I haven't noticed anyone mentioned yet) which really sticks for me, was Charlton away on a tues night. Was meant to be a modest crowd and was potd. Decided to go quite late on, and upon arrival realized half of bristol had had the same idea! Massive queue to get in, missed first fifteen minutes and the away end just stank of cider, with people standing on seats and falling all over the place. A flare was set off and thrown onto the pitch as well.

Decent performance, 1-1 draw, mcindoe hit bat south free kick late on.

Leaving the away end, I remember someone up a tree singing...

another highlight for me. Drawing 0-0 at leicester.. we got battered for the full 90 minutes whilst singing "we are top of the league" for the whole game, and songs about our mate holloway who clapped us everytime we sang his annual song.

johnson was asked to pump his fists at the end by 3000 city fans.. he shrugged and did it. But knowing deep down we should of lost the game easily

Another memory but a bad one southampton away.. every single hooligan in bristol came to this game. we were top of the league and they were in the relegation zone and we battered again and lost the game 2-0. this was the start of the run that cost us promotion.

oh well. We will have a good team again one day. whether it will be in this division or league 1 or league 2 I don't know.

another highlight for me. Drawing 0-0 at leicester.. we got battered for the full 90 minutes whilst singing "we are top of the league" for the whole game, and songs about our mate holloway who clapped us everytime we sang his annual song.

johnson was asked to pump his fists at the end by 3000 city fans.. he shrugged and did it. But knowing deep down we should of lost the game easily

Another memory but a bad one southampton away.. every single hooligan in bristol came to this game. we were top of the league and they were in the relegation zone and we battered again and lost the game 2-0. this was the start of the run that cost us promotion.

oh well. We will have a good team again one day. whether it will be in this division or league 1 or league 2 I don't know.

Bloody hell, i remember that game, i was there and was a rubbish game, Holloway was manager i think and didn't understand how they didn't win.

Think Brian Wilson had a shot similar to Lampards against Germany that crossed the line but wasnt given...SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE CITY is also a memory from that game haha

Bloody hell, i remember that game, i was there and was a rubbish game, Holloway was manager i think and didn't understand how they didn't win.

Think Brian Wilson had a shot similar to Lampards against Germany that crossed the line but wasnt given...SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE CITY is also a memory from that game haha

Oh yeah remember that, and marvin elliot hit the inside of the post. Agonising. Leicester were down at the bottom and everybody was amazed how they completely battered us the whole game.

Wow too many to mention!

- For me, I did enjoy Marvs wonder goal at home to Stoke, think it was 1-0

- Reading at home a couple of seasons ago when we were fighting at the bottom and Danny Haynes scored the winner. Don't think I've ever heard the EE so loud that night, really backed the team.

- Bassos penalty save against Watford. Felt like we scored!

- Palace Semis

- Newcastle away, great day out!

- Wolves at home 2-2, Adebola was on fire that night!

- Cardiff 3-0

- Sproule running from the half way line against Southampton on a night game, was going mental when he scored! Was hugging some random bloke :laughcont:

There's literally so many. Great memories that I will cherish! I love my City

Not THE highlight but definitely A highlight was the fact we stayed up last year.

Mainly because it meant not dropping into that bloody sandpit of L1 when it looked quite likely weeks before and partly because I knew how genuinely pissed off it made some bitter w*****s who'd been celebrating our impending relegation for the previous 6 months.

I disagree. I don't believe the ball was meant for Carey. Noble to Carle yes but would Carle be looking to Carey ? - hardly the idea man for finishing that move! I think it was a bit of luck but it definitely worked and looked good and Carey did finish it well despite having to check back. I think Carle's pass may have been for Adebola!

However, Noble's goal was a beauty! A great shot and the reaction of the palace fans behind is priceless!

Look at the You Tube highlights again!

I'm not saying it was a better goal, it was the moment that was better for me, I didn't think we'd get past Palace and on to Wenbley, when that goal went in, I knew we would.

The best already mentioned. I will throw a few more in.

City 3-0 Preston, last game before play offs. We were incredible that day and believed we could beat anyone.

City 1-1 West Ham. I think the whole club found the belief we would stay up.

City 2-1 Middlesbrough. 1 down in last 5 mins. 2 magnificent Paul Hartley through balls for Maynard to smash home to win it.

Despite us losing I thought the games v Sheff.Utd home, when we came back from 0-2 to 2-2 last min then lose with the last kick and the Burnley home game this season 3-4 I thought were magnificant entertainment

Sorry to be picky but we were 1 up against Middlesbrough and then Adam Johnson equalised and acted like a right bellend giving it the big I am to the crowd. Then Maynard banged in a winner and the twat looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

Archived