IGNORED

Empty Seats...

XJAP

So we roughly have 6-8k empty seats a game.

Call me an idiot, but surely if City reduced matchday prices to [e.g. £10 adults, £8 OAP/Student, £5 kids or whatever] it would encourage more fans to go and boost attendance. (Even if City are playing crap!)

------- I know this won't happen, but I wanted to express how I see it. [i'm sure someone will comment saying this is unfair on season ticket holders, or I'm a tight wad etc]

8000 empty seats = £0 Revenue.....

Even if only 1-2k tickets sold, that's still £10,000-20,000 revenue for City...?????

Our biggest attendance this season, from what I can see, was the Leeds game. 15,692 at the gate - 2000 of which were Leeds fans. so roughly 13,000 city fans.

If I remember correctly, we managed to get 19,000 fans to come to Ashton Gate vs Coventry when City reduced prices. (Yes i know it was the 'relegation battle' blah blah and 2000 or so were Coventry fans, but it was still a great turn out)

What's your thoughts?

The way they are playing at the moment, you would be lucky to give them away.

Its just not the pricing of the seats, its the expense when you travel, food and a pint.

Even though its a home game this Boxing day, id sooner stay home with the family.

By the way "your an idiot" :xmas:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Busterrimes" data-cid="1683552" data-time="1355845109"><p>

If we can't sell the tickets then why not give them to schools. I'm sure the children would enjoy a chance to see live football. Even if you only made money on food and programmes at least it is money.<br />

<br />

After all empty seats spent no money.</p></blockquote>

Yeah cos that's just what everyone's matchday needs, bored kids

So we roughly have 6-8k empty seats a game.

Call me an idiot, but surely if City reduced matchday prices to [e.g. £10 adults, £8 OAP/Student, £5 kids or whatever] it would encourage more fans to go and boost attendance. (Even if City are playing crap!)

------- I know this won't happen, but I wanted to express how I see it. [i'm sure someone will comment saying this is unfair on season ticket holders, or I'm a tight wad etc]

8000 empty seats = £0 Revenue.....

Even if only 1-2k tickets sold, that's still £10,000-20,000 revenue for City...?????

Our biggest attendance this season, from what I can see, was the Leeds game. 15,692 at the gate - 2000 of which were Leeds fans. so roughly 13,000 city fans.

If I remember correctly, we managed to get 19,000 fans to come to Ashton Gate vs Coventry when City reduced prices. (Yes i know it was the 'relegation battle' blah blah and 2000 or so were Coventry fans, but it was still a great turn out)

What's your thoughts?

I have looked at this in the past, we have about 10k ST holders I think so that's 2k walk up at the moment at around about £25 so that 2k is worth about £50k, if we were to charge £10 then we would have to attract at least 5000 people to break even. I don't know about you but I have a ticket I have already paid for, love City and have trouble motivating myself to go at the moment - I have also tried giving friends a free tickets and they have not wanted to waist there time to be bored.

The cost is only a problem for people that want to come - Winning (not entertainment) will make people want to come back.

Sell the tickets using the pricing structure they have at the moment, but make them buy-one-get one free for that game. People could then drag friends along who wouldn't normally come. It sorts out the empty seats issue and the person who comes for the free ride, may then buy another ticket for the next game. Maybe they could do this for just a few of the games.

They should let you bring your nearest and dearest for free (kids, wife, girlfriend) - put on some entertainment and try to encourage them into becoming semi-regular attendees - hell even if they only buy a coffee / mug / keyring each on average - it's better than nothing.....

• Admin
They should let you bring your nearest and dearest for free (kids, wife, girlfriend) - put on some entertainment and try to encourage them into becoming semi-regular attendees - hell even if they only buy a coffee / mug / keyring each on average - it's better than nothing.....

Why would I want to take my wife to football? Thats not what its all about!!

While I was at Uni in Swansea. Swansea were bottom of League 2 with poor attendances. It was £10 for Adults and £5.00 for students at the time. In their fight against the drop they put their tickets to half price. £5.00 for Adults and £2.50 for students. Playing in front of a packed out Vetch. I feel playing in front of a full passionate crowd was one of the reason they survived that season and look where they are now!!

While I was at Uni in Swansea. Swansea were bottom of League 2 with poor attendances. It was £10 for Adults and £5.00 for students at the time. In their fight against the drop they put their tickets to half price. £5.00 for Adults and £2.50 for students. Playing in front of a packed out Vetch. I feel playing in front of a full passionate crowd was one of the reason they survived that season and look where they are now!!

Not sure if the still do it, but Manchester City used to do a similar thing but in the Prem.

They always had a student ticket price, but if the games weren't looking like selling out they would sell tickets for £5 each at the union. They also ran offers directly at the box office- things like "for 24 hours only" for those who weren't students.

It was a while back (8 or 9 years now I guess), but that was still £5 for a Premiership game and I find it bizarre that as a club with as dire a financial outlook as ours isn't trying everything in its power to put bums in empty seats.

I fear that if we offered free or even very cheap tickets at the moment, all we'd do is frighten off potential supporters, not bring more in.

The football we're suffering is total dross at present and with people now brought up on edited Prem highlights, the standard of our football would just make us a laughing stock with these 'new fans'.

Imho, the less potential fans that witness this sad advertisement for our club , the better for BCFC in the long term, because one visit now could deter them from ever coming back!

I've been watching city for 25 years, got a 2 year old and a Missus that works every other sat so can't commit to a season ticket as looking after the nipper.

There is noway on earth I will currently pay £25 to watch what's on offer, if it was £10 - £15 I possibly would but no more than that as there is absolutely no value for money.

I've been watching city for 25 years, got a 2 year old and a Missus that works every other sat so can't commit to a season ticket as looking after the nipper.

There is noway on earth I will currently pay £25 to watch what's on offer, if it was £10 - £15 I possibly would but no more than that as there is absolutely no value for money.

At a risk of sounding like David Lloyd himself advance adult tickets for the EE for a Cat C game are "only 18 quid" - not 25.

Still over the odds though obviously.

At a risk of sounding like David Lloyd himself advance adult tickets for the EE for a Cat C game are "only 18 quid" - not 25.

Still over the odds though obviously.

Yeah your right to be fair, £18 is not to bad, I never consider the EE when going to football.

Lets be fair , this discussion has been going on for a while now. Last season lots of posters were saying they would go if it was a tenner. City did it for the Coventry and Barnsley games , yet there are still people posting on here , telling us they haven't been for 2 years or whatever. So where were they when the prices were dropped to £10 ??

well apparently we've only sold 116 for Ipswich, obviously that will grow but seriously this is pathetic. Get behind the team

Where do you get the "team" from? we havent been a team for a while, just overpaid, cant call them players, prancing about like a bunch of twa@s!

Archived