IGNORED

Zenit Fans Want Black And Gay Players Excluded!

TBW

Absolute ******* disgrace that this is in a country which will hold the WORLD cup in 6 years time. Yes thats right the world cup where the greatest players will be playing regardless of colour creed or sexuality. FIFA knew how bad the situation was regarding this when they chose the hosts along with the equally as bad Qatar. This sort of thing happens again and again and is usually shot down by supporters groups but this is from what they say is the clubs largest supporters group?? How can anyone be a part of such a group. Things like this should be punished by uefa and the club should be ashamed for allowing this type of behaviour to be aired to the world. Simply disgusting.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sglosbcfc" data-cid="1683613" data-time="1355852540"><p>

We are not like that, we welcomed Junior Bent with open arms and he was black and gay.....or at least sounded gay.</p></blockquote>

:laugh: what does a gay sound like?

No idea if he liked blokes, if he did he was a bicycle!!!! Used to see him a lot with his wife and kid all the time around sadley broke area.

His 4 year old was nearly as tall as him and his wife.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sglosbcfc" data-cid="1683613" data-time="1355852540"><p>

We are not like that, we welcomed Junior Bent with open arms and he was black and gay.....or at least sounded gay.</p></blockquote>

:laugh: what does a gay sound like?

No idea if he liked blokes, if he did he was a bicycle!!!! Used to see him a lot with his wife and kid all the time around sadley broke area.

His 4 year old was nearly as tall as him and his wife.

High pitched, I thought that was common knowledge? Next you'll be telling me you didn't know that all gays are fans of Disney films and have handle bar moustaches.

Shame that Russia have gas and Qatar have oil. For similar reasons, if the world wasn't so reliant on China then they wouldn't get so much trade. Maybe if the powers that be actually grew some balls, and found a way by which we can sustain ourselves without needing these countries, we wouldn't have to be seen almost condoning it by trading with them and hosting World Cup's in their countries.

I wonder how that would work for UK clubs - we have laws preventing from discriminating against applicants for jobs, but football players are either through chosen through academies or approached/head hunted - so they could I guess technically get away with having this type of policy (at least concerning players).

Anyway, all seems rather strange.......

Well, ultimately, whether you're working in an office or for a football team, the best man has to get the job, regardless of ethnicity or age or sexuality or whatever. Given that the discrimination would be on race, there's no way that any UK club, operating as a business within Great Britain and therefore the EU, would get away with it.

Well, ultimately, whether you're working in an office or for a football team, the best man has to get the job, regardless of ethnicity or age or sexuality or whatever. Given that the discrimination would be on race, there's no way that any UK club, operating as a business within Great Britain and therefore the EU, would get away with it.

That's not how football players are chosen though - they do not have a "DC needed - full time, must be willing to work weekends and night shifts" and then have to take the best candidate, the manager approaches the players he is interested in - so in theory a manager could have this type of Policy and not fall foul of employment law -

I wonder how that would work for UK clubs - we have laws preventing from discriminating against applicants for jobs, but football players are either through chosen through academies or approached/head hunted - so they could I guess technically get away with having this type of policy (at least concerning players).

Anyway, all seems rather strange.......

For decades Glasgow Rangers had a policy of not signing Catholic players. When Souness bought the Catholic Mo Johnston to Ibrox some Rangers fans set light to their season tickets.

For decades Glasgow Rangers had a policy of not signing Catholic players. When Souness bought the Catholic Mo Johnston to Ibrox some Rangers fans set light to their season tickets.

you don't have to go all that far back to the time when everton 'were white'. while they apparently had a few coloured players in the 60s, for the 70s and 80s they were white (can't, and only broke their colour bar in the early/mid 90s with the signing of daniel amokachi. close to home, but conveniently forgotten by those who like to paint racism as a problem that's exclusive to other countries and not us.

I think the clue was in the name.

Anyway, It's the UEFA, They won't do anything. Remember, racism seems to be on the back burner for them. Disgrace.

agree with you, but again, we're sticking our heads in a rabbit hole and pretending england doesn't have racism problems itself. UEFA is a disgrace, but so too is our own FA. the words john terry spring to mind.

agree with you, but again, we're sticking our heads in a rabbit hole and pretending england doesn't have racism problems itself. UEFA is a disgrace, but so too is our own FA. the words john terry spring to mind.

Absolutely, there's no consistency throughout the football unions, the punishments for Suarez (where there was no evidence, 1v1) and the punishment for Terry were completely different.

Unfortunately in Russia they've not really progressed with the modern times IE racism/homophobia. We ourselves claim to, yet it still happens.

For example, I'm 20. I have a couple of gay friends, one came 'out' as gay to his mum and she looked at him and said 'why are you telling me? I didn't need to tell you I was straight?'

Another found his clothes on the lawn with a note 'Find somewhere else'.

Racism/Homophobia is still rife, in most countries. Fortunately in England, the majority are getting with the times, some are stuck in their ways. I understand some parents were brought up possibly 'knowing different' but really. Come on. It's the 21st century, it's not like it was a choice for them.

• Admin
you don't have to go all that far back to the time when everton 'were white'. while they apparently had a few coloured players in the 60s, for the 70s and 80s they were white (can't, and only broke their colour bar in the early/mid 90s with the signing of daniel amokachi. close to home, but conveniently forgotten by those who like to paint racism as a problem that's exclusive to other countries and not us.

Or even to 89/90 in our own fair City - IIRC the line up for the majority of our matches had no black players.

TBH, we used to be the same, the abuse black players got at AG when I first went to games on my own (c.1984) was shocking

Shame that Russia have gas and Qatar have oil. For similar reasons, if the world wasn't so reliant on China then they wouldn't get so much trade. Maybe if the powers that be actually grew some balls, and found a way by which we can sustain ourselves without needing these countries, we wouldn't have to be seen almost condoning it by trading with them and hosting World Cup's in their countries.

Qatar's also got loads of gas, in fact the world's biggest reserves. Source: I'm currently here in Doha

TBH, we used to be the same, the abuse black players got at AG when I first went to games on my own (c.1984) was shocking

What would you say changed that?

Bristol City fan want carp and useless players excluded.

I can't imagine Connor Sammon coming here anyway. Mark Fish has retired too I believe.

What would you say changed that?

I can't imagine Connor Sammon coming here anyway. Mark Fish has retired too I believe.

I think changing national attitudes and tough policing and penalties. Let's be totally honest about it, if you abused a black players in the 1980s the most likely response you would get from a copper would be laughter. If you did it today you would be at best ejected from the ground at worst arrested and charged.

I think changing national attitudes and tough policing and penalties. Let's be totally honest about it, if you abused a black players in the 1980s the most likely response you would get from a copper would be laughter. If you did it today you would be at best ejected from the ground at worst arrested and charged.

Not sure it is just the law though. At some point black people became fashionable. I blame the fresh prince of Bell Air. Now even white kids talk like dey is from da ghetto innit?

"Your average football supporter is both more racist and more homophobic than the average UK citizen" Discuss.

"Your average football supporter is less intelligent than the average UK citizen" Discuss.

And all this rubbish about the Welsh ... my woman comes from Swansea, my son married a girl from Neath and the Welsh are a whole lot more hospitable than us English FACT.

"Your average football supporter is both more racist and more homophobic than the average UK citizen" Discuss.

"Your average football supporter is less intelligent than the average UK citizen" Discuss.

And all this rubbish about the Welsh ... my woman comes from Swansea, my son married a girl from Neath and the Welsh are a whole lot more hospitable than us English FACT.

I am unsure about the top statement, which I read to mean is the average footy fan more right wing than the average man in the street. I am not convinced that is the case.

As for the second statement, if you are measuring intelligence in terms of school qualifications, then I think it would be most certainly true. Football has moved away from its working class roots, but the majority of fans still come from a working class background, had access to a poorer standard of education than the average, had social disadvantages e.g. Parents less likely to value education etc etc.

As for your wife and daughter in law being 'hospitable', I' m not going to say anything in case you are a bigger and tougher guy than me!

Selection - 12.

Modern football over the last decade gradually ceases to be the "people's game" and becomes a business of clean water. Football clubs are developing on the basis of companies and corporations, where the main measure of success is profit for the year (season).

This style of football business (in case of adequate club management) on the one hand, leads to sustainable development of specific football clubs and sporting success. On the other hand, football more and more like a factory that, like Hollywood churns out the same (as they say now) "football projects," each of which is trying to climb up to Mount Olympus and disrupt their cash.

Since the late 90's "Zenith" has made a huge step forward in the football hierarchy, with most of the time based on their own students, the Russian players and foreign players with a similar mentality. "Zenith" today - a flagship of Russian football and the way in which we have reached this stage, makes us proud of my team.

Now we fear that the club can turn from this road and take the path of "Manchester City" London "Arsenal", "Anji" and many other clubs who buy packs of players from around the world and does not represent a region or city that they represent. For us it is important to preserve the "Zenith" their identity. We do not want to be another beautiful and perhaps even profitable football project. "Zenith" has a special meaning for the residents of St. Petersburg and the region, between the city name and the word "Zenith" has become equated.

We do not want to prevent the transformation of the "Zenith" of, say, a unique auteur cinema in the next Hollywood blockbuster. That is why, for us, it is important to convey to the leadership of our club and the general public their own vision of what we want to see the players in the team and how to, in our view, should be breeding policy of "Zenith".

This manifesto is not categorical in nature, but it is the agreed point of view of people for many years faithfully support the team.

Football quality.

Petersburg, in spite of its "intelligent person" and the corresponding image has always been associated with the working class. Our city has historically existed and there are so many factories. Yes, and "Zenith", as it is known, has a factory roots. That is why, the fans have always valued on the real workaholic, which could compensate for the lack of talent is fierce dedication.

And in our time, we want a "Zenith" is also out on the field, especially real fighters, acting with the utmost dedication in every episode. We can forgive and accept defeat, but we will not tolerate lack of will on the field and playing carelessly. For football players of our team are all conditions to concentrate on football and to continually hone football skills. We welcome players who regularly stay after practice, in order to fulfill a particular technical element in the game to be better than the opponent. In doing so, we pay tribute to the talent of stars who can "blow up" 1-2 times per game, but, nevertheless, prefer that such stars are not shied away from rough work and had the character of men, and not become "geniuses episode."

This does not mean that the "Zenith" to play only hard working, but the players straight. This means that even the most gifted football genius must be given in every game at 101%.

Total: what we want from every player that goes on the T-shirt "Zenith, from youth teams?

- Maximum dedication;

- Fighting qualities;

- Ongoing commitment to professional development;

- No - simulations! Only an honest victory;

- The desire to win every game until the last minute, regardless of the score and the status of the opponent.

The mentality of the (human)

Job modern footballer implies a behavior not only on the field, but also beyond. For St. Petersburg is the behavior of people outside the football field, has always been almost more important than what that player shows during matches. This is because, as kind to the residents of St. Petersburg to his team and the way it is our city.

In this regard, we think the fans are entitled to demand from players of "Zenith" good conduct during the game and after. Players must be a good example to follow, both youth and adult fans. Unacceptable to us a situation where we are forced to suffer shame for the players, "Zenith" on their behavior in everyday life. No matter where the player arrived, speaking for the "Zenith", it is St. Petersburg and so it should always be worthy of the great city.

Total: we want the players to "Zenith" outside the football field?

- Proper behavior in daily life, the appropriate cultural norms of St. Petersburg;

- Respect for people, the lack of "star disease" in everyday life;

- Interest in the history of our city and country, respect for our values;

- Relationship with the young players, "Zenith" on the basis of mutual respect and assistance in professional development - all of us - "Zenith"!;

- We are opposed to the "Zenith" appeared "football crooks", constantly changing clubs

- We do not want players to "Zenith" has publicly demonstrated their addiction to alcohol or cigarettes;

- We object to in the "Zenith" played the representatives of sexual minorities;

- Respect for the correct and professional media representatives, who are doing their job for the fans.

Principles of selection

We thank the club for the attention to children and youth football, which turns in recent years. Academy "Zenith" - the best transfer and long-term investment in the development of the club.

At the same time, we have an understanding of what clubs, regions and countries, first of all we would like to see the players in "Zenith". Again, we presume that the "Zenith" - a symbol of the city, and, therefore, should reflect its essence, be a person in the modern sport. Also, for us it is crucial to "Zenith" has retained its own identity, and not turned in an average European team, with a standard set of foreign players.

In this regard, a proposal asking the club to consider the following approach to the issue of selection and prioritization of scouting service: 4 priority 'breeding' direction, from the most important to the less significant:

Priority area number 1. St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region.

These people do not need a lot of explaining, many boys were born and raised here. We want to see and hear about the efforts of our breeders in the championships of the city and the region, regional competitions, school championships, amateur tournaments. We want to see the result of the selection of department in the form of new local "stars" and "stars" in the children's and youth teams. For a club that, in addition, benefit - the content of these players and their relocation expenses are significantly reduced. In addition, the club has virtually no risk on adaptation. For us, this means maintaining its own identity concept of "Zenith", the club face.

Priority area number 2. North-West region and Central Russia.

From the North-West, the word "Zenith" also has a very strong historical association. The city lives and works a lot of people from Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Petrozavodsk, Pskov, Novgorod, etc. Historically flocked here and stay here for the most part the strongest and most talented representatives of the cities and regions. Petersburg club may be associated with these cities and regions.

Speaking of Central Russia, here we are talking about the most talented Russian boy. Those for whom the Zenith - a dream opportunity. And here we are ready to help the club in adapting the young boys who came to the academy. We are ready to make them familiar with the city and our traditions to zenitovskih spirit for them was directly connected to our great city. However, this is the same offer applies to foreign players coming to play for the first team "Zenith", but the club and he does a great deal in this direction.

Priority area number 3. The rest of Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, the Slavic countries, the Baltic States and Scandinavia.

If the required talents are not in these regions, then the priority of selection should be shifted to other Russian regions. At the same time, taking into account the multi-ethnicity of the country, a very important moment of adaptation to speakers of other cultural codes. Again, we believe that a player who plays for the "Zenith" is our city on the field and beyond.

Why in other countries, we prefer "fraternal republics", the Baltic countries and Scandinavia? Again, due to the historical social and cultural relations. With Belarus and Ukraine, we are bound by a centuries-old history of the united state with Slavic countries - the proximity of mindsets, attitudes and behaviors, both on the football field and beyond. We are also close in spirit to the Scandinavians, the thirst for combat and self-giving in their blood. In the Baltic countries have a long history of cross-cultural and business relationships, these countries - our neighbors. In addition, it is the mentality - the most suitable for us a nation. Quiet, responsible, professional, no inclination to posturing and simulation, etc.

Priority area number 4. The rest of Europe.

Any other continents except Europe, in our opinion, should not be a priority for the "Zenith". This does not mean that it is - a taboo. But fly to Latin America only makes sense if we honestly and professionally tried everything possible to find a player in the region, Russia and Europe.

Why? The answer is simple - there is painfully familiar racism or nationalism, the club has just lost the regional identity, we no longer associate myself with him.

The principal rivals.

For us it is extremely unlikely that the in the "Zenith" emerging players that have become symbols of their clubs in our traditional rivals - "Spartacus" CSKA Moscow "Dynamo". However, we strongly object to our players from youth team, the transition to the aforementioned clubs. The club, in our opinion, should also not agree to such transfers, increasing our principal rivals.

"Zenith" and black players

Separately it at that moment, because it causes a lot of issues in the broad public.

We are not racists, and for us, the lack of black players in the "Zenith" is only important tradition, which emphasizes the identity of the club and nothing more. Due to its preservation, "Zenith" in the world of football has its own identity, along with counts the number of football clubs have retained their identity.

We do not understand a certain substitution of notions of the public in this matter. Why widely admired approach "Athletics" from Bilbao, is guided by his own children from the region, with leadership of the club and its fans are constantly under pressure and are accused of being racist?

We, as the most northern club of major European cities, never mentally were not associated with Africa, however, as to South America or Australia and Oceania. We have absolutely nothing against the people of these and any other continents, but want to "Zenit" were primarily close in spirit and mentality of the players. Now the "Zenith" black players imposed almost by force, and it is just the opposite reaction.

Let us be what we are.

In addition, we can not be specific to the Russian championship. We dominated tough, power football, fields, many of which are not good. In addition, most of the championship takes place at a sufficiently severe weather. In these circumstances, technically players from warmer climates can be difficult to fully disclose his football talent.

Ceiling of salaries

We offer the club to consider introducing a ceiling wages for young players, and for the basic structure.

Limit on foreign players and the lack of full competition has led to the fact that many young players are only thinking about a new contract, fancy cars and things, rather than to concentrate on the growth of professional football and sports results.

As the practice of recent years, players performing regularly serves pernicious example to young players, almost blackmailing the club at the conclusion of new contracts.

We believe that the salaries offered by our club are more than adequate to the level of skill, which show players. In addition to salaries, the players have a chance to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and be the subject of a truly people's love and acceptance of St. Petersburg.

Therefore, we believe that any player who tries to blackmail or other unethical knock yourself the best deal should be put up for transfer. In this case, it is permissible for sale principal rival, but only in the absence of alternatives.

We believe that the salary of the player "Zenith" must meet reasonable market level as exorbitant financial demands players lead to greed and lack of professional development.

We can not fail to note the social significance of the decision. Recently, the Russian football championship reasonably compared to Qatar and China's high wage players. At the level of income, which is the majority of the population of Russia, the current state of affairs with incomes in the Russian football player looks like a feast during the plague.

Conclusion

Our vision is not an absolute dogma. At the same time, we believe that maintaining / introduction of proposed guidelines will keep the club in the long run their own identity and not become another ordinary 'football project. "

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://landscrona.ru/articles/index.php%3Fid%3D3590&usg=ALkJrhj3eMtn4dOZsoGQGfkFHnvMaUCfaA

in this country the fans have zero power unlike other places however if we did i think many bcfc fans would welcome something close to this, not the stuff about banning black and gay players of course, for me personally i respect them for not wanting to become a business like pretty much every english team despite the fact they have huge amounts of spending power to become pretty successful if they wanted, its funny how no articles included that part.

Archived