IGNORED

Albert To Palace?

Welcome To The Jungle

Sell Albert and any small chance of us staying up immediately fades away.

On a personal level you can see why Albert might wish to leave. Palace are located in London, Bolasie is there and the three years he has spent here have been a constant battle for relegation, in fact his whole career has been if you include Barnet. The poor bloke deserves a bit of success. We will go down if he leaves though, unless Del has a cheap alternative right winger that nobody else is aware of in his sights.

No biggie for me. AA's first season he was incredible for sure. Went quiet until McInnes came in, played well for a further 10 games and now has about 1 great game in 5. In saying that, if he does not play well neither does the whole team.

Take the 3mil mark and invest that straight back into the team. Midfield and Defence!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JammyOne" data-cid="1683725" data-time="1355865974"><p>

I'll have no problem with him leaving for anything above 3.5 million, as long as it gets used to buy some decent players, otherwise I think we will go down.</p></blockquote>

As good as he had been for us he ain't never worth 3.5 mill nowerdays

It's such a shame because he has a ton of talent but its getting it out of him on a regular basis

Can't see DM would be happy about him being sold

The day that Hollowhead was appointed at Palace I thought Albert to Palace had potential.

When Albert was at Barnet he was quite publicly linked with Holloway's Blackpool.

Millen obviously knows what a good player he is.

His best mate plays for them.

Like Yannick a move to Palace would mean moving back home.

Shares an agent with Yannick.

Either in January or the summer they will need to replace Zaha and they will of course have funds from the selling of Zaha.

Personally I think if we sell him in January we will become almost certainties to go down. Sure he may not actually be as good as me and many other City fans think he is, but we require him to play well if we are going to get anything from a game. In our five wins this season he has either scored or directly assisted a goal (sometimes both) in all of them. Take Peterborough for example, first 45 minutes we match what is the poorest side in the division. Second half Albert comes on and (with a bit of help from their right-back and Sam Baldock) turns the game in our favour. I fully accept that one day the time will come that we'll have to let Albert go, but it would be suicidal for that day to be in January.

As far as I'd love him to stay, I think Albert just needs to look at how well Bolasie has done at Palace, and how much he's enjoying it, to make a quick and easy decision. If Bolasie became such a good player with good players around him, imagine how good Albert will be.

Did see this earlier, i think it's inevitable really. Albert is good friends with Bolasie and of course will want to play a better standard of football. With Albert and Zaha in the team i tip Palarse for promotion and possibly for Holloway to keep them there this time.

Albert would be a replacement for Zaha.

• Admin

Am I alone in thinking that £3M for Albert is a figure plucked from some sort of fantasy football, surely with the financial regulations coming in, players who aren't exceptional, won't be able to command huge transfer figures and salaries. I might be wrong, but I doubt if he is worth £1m, let alone £3m.

To all those suggesting "take the money and reinvest in the defence/midfield" here's the problem(s):

Who of any ability would join us?

£3m won't go far sorting our mess. I believe we need about 4 new players minimum.

The standard of commanding centre half and midfielder we need are rare and expensive.

The man who brought you such greats as: Morris, Wilson M, Anderson, Foster, Bates, McManus and Briggs remains in charge of recruitment.

All in all I hope Palace hang on to Zaha until the summer!

I'm resigned to him leaving if Zaha goes to Arsenal (or whoever)

A sad loss but right now, we need to sort the defence as a priority. Get that right and move on from there. Certainly, unless the defence is sorted, we are doomed - regardless of whether Albert goes or stays. On his day he's a cracking player, think he'd do well under Hollowhead's formation.

I don't think there is any chance that we will sell Albert unless a crazy offer was on the table in January. Championship football is worth a lot more than 2-3 million and the Adomah situation is different to Bolasie who was never a first team regular. Palace are having a decent season but are unlikely to maintain it, if Albert is to leave it will be to a bigger club than Palace who I wouldn't consider as bigger than us.

Archived