IGNORED

Start The Young Ones

Ciderstreet

Is it me or is it about time we gave these young lads a start burns Reid morrell let's get them a game if your good enough then your old enough I would rather pay £25 every week watching these lads develope then waste my time watching the likes of Kilkenny Elliott and Taylor etc i don't believe I'm the only one to feel this way fed up with watching journey men picking up a big wage

Hmm. Is it a good idea to launch youngsters in a team that is playing carp and getting (justified) stick from the fans?

I think the majority of City fans would be very supportive of the youngsters - they'd be cut a lot more slack than the journeymen currently clogging up our team.

I find it funny how people only started asking for Reid to play after McInnes played him. Before then, very few people were calling for it. And anyone who watches the U21s will tell you that whilst Reid is talented, he is not ready for the championship yet. To suggest Morrell is ridiculous, however talented he may be (I've not seen him myself), he's still a kid; nowhere near the first team.

Play the Young Ones ?

Mike is too small to play in goal so would have to play FB

Neil is fairly tall so could make a CH

Vivian is mad as cabbage so stick him in midfield.

Rik , not sure , bit of a pussy so stick him on the wing.

Play the Young Ones ?

I don't know I think Vyvyan could go upfront.

Play the Young Ones ?

Agree about Rik. Bit of the Pat Nevin about him. VIvian is more of a centre half. Neil is a lost soul so definitely a keeper.

Good theory until we get stuffed and the AG faithful start booing etc. Look at Fontaine, his confidence is completely shot. Could ruin a kid's career. I think they have to be used sparingly until we are either 4-0 up (!) 4-0 down (more likely) or definitely relegated.

That achieves nothing though. Bryan has played in some proper games and has benefited from that. It would have been nice to see Bobby Reid against Derby up against that young kid in the middle. Would have been a good yardstick for him. They need to learn that if you play crap, you get booed. No point in treating them with kid gloves.

The Reserves is where these players have to shine first. If a young player is good enough he will get a chance.

The simple fact is our young players are either not ready or not good enough. You cannot simply put these young players into a poor, struggling championship team just on a whim or to try something different. They will fall on their asses being thrown in at the deep end

no it isn't

good enough=old enough

pipedream I know but we can all dream

rather see the youngens and give em a chance unless we buy proper quality for once

Didn't derby have some young kid playing for them last week, they also gave a debut to a 15 year old a season or 2 back.

I'm speaking specifically about Morrell, he hasn't been professionally signed he's just signed a 2 year scholarship which most of the u18s are on, yes he's been offered it about 6 months earlier but he has only just stepped up to the u18's, not played a game yet for the developmental squad - what makes you think he's ready to play in the first team when the lads not yet even playing with adults?

I'm speaking specifically about Morrell, he hasn't been professionally signed he's just signed a 2 year scholarship which most of the u18s are on, yes he's been offered it about 6 months earlier but he has only just stepped up to the u18's, not played a game yet for the developmental squad - what makes you think he's ready to play in the first team when the lads not yet even playing with adults?

I don't believe it is just a scholarship he's signed but still not ready. Clubs need to secure their best young players before they're ready for the first team

From what I have seen I would be pleased to see Bobby get a game .... If we have lost confidence in Kilks ... He looked good when he came on against Brighton and I would maybe play him for 60 minutes in a game away from home ...

The others are not yet ready ... Need to go out on loan first .... , although I do like the sounds coming out about new focus on excellence in youth squads .. So hope to see a few coming through in the next year or so ....

That achieves nothing though. Bryan has played in some proper games and has benefited from that. It would have been nice to see Bobby Reid against Derby up against that young kid in the middle. Would have been a good yardstick for him. They need to learn that if you play crap, you get booed. No point in treating them with kid gloves.

Riiight. Ever worked with/coached kids?

Archived