IGNORED

Mind The Gap

Red_30

Do we have to copy spurs/arsenal? Lets do our own one, the new Bristol Channel or something ;)

Ours is not a direct copy, it's completely different and uses City related artwork and ideas, such as the Angry Robin.

This makes me cringe. The same as when we rip off other teams songs.

Good art work but the whole copying aspect s embarrassing

Waiting to hear your suggestions then RedDave.

Made up stat coming up but I'd guess around 90% of what we use as our 'culture' at BCFC is copied from some other team.

Most of the songs we sing are not unique to us apart from a few of our Cider drinking ditties.

Ripping off other teams chants and ideas is nothing new, and I for one have nothing but admiration for the lovely chaps involved in the sticker bombing campaign with the Mind The Gap, Angry Robin, Support Your Local Club, Peppa Pig is a City Fan, City On Tour stickers appearing everywhere - dammit it's pretty much the only advertising our club gets!!

If you've got any unique suggestions fella, come in the East End and start off a new song, or send some idea's / artwork to Ciderhead on this forum.

I'm sure he'd love to hear from you - we all would. In the meantime, respect to all those guys who are trying to do something positive for our club.

1. It is not completely different if you use the words 'mind the gap'

2. Why is it up to me to come up with something original? I'm just commenting on the cringyness of copying

3. Try reading the whole post before commenting. As I said, the art work is good but the basis of the art work is a copy

The basis of the artwork is a theme amongst others that is related to Bristol City. City fans were years ahead of other clubs.

2. Why is it up to me to come up with something original? I'm just commenting on the cringyness of copying

3. Try reading the whole post before commenting. As I said, the art work is good but the basis of the art work is a copy

Fans are just copying what was started by city fans years back and have stuck a phrase on a sticker as a joke. it was all completely different to arsenal and spurs.

You know nothing. When you lick the back of the stickers it is clear the adhesive comes from a cider base.

Dude, I did read your whole post and my comments still stand.

1) You said that it makes you cringe when we rip off other teams songs.

My response to this is that 90% of all football clubs songs are copied. We have very little that is unique, as with all other clubs. If you find this cringeworthy then you must cringe at almost every song we sing.

2) You said that the art work was good but you found the copying embarrassing.

My response is that the artwork is unique in terms of the angry robin, and for me this makes it a valid and worthy piece - Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea as far as I know have always just used the words "Mind That Gap" as opposed to something more such as our boys have created.

In further response to your comment above of "Why is it up to me to come up with something original? I'm just commenting on the cringyness of copying".

If you want to come on here criticising the the excellent work these boys are doing, then please back it up with something. Don't come here and slag this off because you don't think it is unique if you haven't got any ideas of your own.

Dude, I did read your whole post and my comments still stand.

1) You said that it makes you cringe when we rip off other teams songs.

My response to this is that 90% of all football clubs songs are copied. We have very little that is unique, as with all other clubs. If you find this cringeworthy then you must cringe at almost every song we sing.

2) You said that the art work was good but you found the copying embarrassing.

My response is that the artwork is unique in terms of the angry robin, and for me this makes it a valid and worthy piece - Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea as far as I know have always just used the words "Mind That Gap" as opposed to something more such as our boys have created.

In further response to your comment above of "Why is it up to me to come up with something original? I'm just commenting on the cringyness of copying".

If you want to come on here criticising the the excellent work these boys are doing, then please back it up with something. Don't come here and slag this off because you don't think it is unique if you haven't got any ideas of your own.

Let me clarify:

The art work is superb and I love it. The 'mind the gap' is embarrassing.

I do cringe at songs like 'he's xxxxx, he scores when he wants'

Look at Manchester United, so many original songs.

Let me clarify:

The art work is superb and I love it. The 'mind the gap' is embarrassing.

I do cringe at songs like 'he's xxxxx, he scores when he wants'

Look at Manchester United, so many original songs.

Still don't understand how the mind the gap stickers are embarrassing or lack originality. There prime purpose is for a bit of banter and to piss off the gash, which is exactly what they do.

Man United are one of the biggest clubs in the world with a massive fanbase. I think we're doing alright with what we've got thanks.

Archived