IGNORED

Winter Break Yes Or No

Super

I see Paul Lambert is saying we should have a winter break now as the top Leagues in Europe do. I hope this never happens, so what if these players have to play 4 games in ten days or so that's what they are very well paid for! personally love the Xmas football.

It encourages squad rotation for the bigger boys; gives the youngsters a chance in the smaller squads

It feels like the season starts so late and finishes so early these days, no need for a winter break, if the games come too thick and too fast, the FA should look at evening the season out a bit.

As had been pointed out in an earlier thread, what happens if we get a freezing february and end up with an 8 week break?

This. They can have their winter break when they sod off and form their own super league and the rest of us can get on with playing football (or not, in our case!)

The rest of us will be getting on and playing football if it's only the prem that breaks. A few weeks with the spotlight on the Championship would be a bonus and if it helps the international team benefits as well I'm all for it.

Archived