IGNORED

Pronunciatons...like?

Harry

Watching the Football League Show tonight, what the **** was the commentator on for the Palace game? As far as I knew , the bloke who plays Number 8 (Dikgacoi) is pronounced "Deek-a-choy". The fella seems intent on calling him "Dee-Catch-Wee" Also, for Yannick Bolasie, who we know as Bo-Lass-ee, was for some reason known as Bolla-see? Pronounced as in the Merseyside town of Wallasey? Who the **** was this commentator and what was he on? Got me thinking, what's the best pronunciation error you've heard? I knew an American once describe High Wycombe as High-why Com-bee? WTF!!

In my opinion when in England you must accept how speak. If we says it as we sees it, we are merely being the individual we have developed into and no one has the right to try and take that away from us. If I were to question the pronunciation of a fellow worker of another race for example, I would leave myself open to being accused of all sorts of wrong doings.

Watching the Football League Show tonight, what the **** was the commentator on for the Palace game? As far as I knew , the bloke who plays Number 8 (Dikgacoi) is pronounced "Deek-a-choy". The fella seems intent on calling him "Dee-Catch-Wee" Also, for Yannick Bolasie, who we know as Bo-Lass-ee, was for some reason known as Bolla-see? Pronounced as in the Merseyside town of Wallasey? Who the **** was this commentator and what was he on? Got me thinking, what's the best pronunciation error you've heard? I knew an American once describe High Wycombe as High-why Com-bee? WTF!!

How about one away match day announcer, obviously used to foreign names who called our midfielder Colay Skusay.

That's probably because it's the correct pronounciation.

Listen to his country's commentators' pronounciation.

All foreign players' names get anglicised to some extent when they play in our leagues.

Haven't listened to any Czech commentators, still don't see how a c can morph into ts, will have to brush up on my cheque.

Ron - You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Who'd have thunk it eh.

Note to self - don't come on otib at 3am after a night at The Lions!! I've considered meself learnt, like.

Anyone remember on MOTD when Jonathan Pearce asked Dirk Kuyt how to pronounce his Surname and said 'is it pronounced ****'

Gary Lineker said something like 'I'm not even going there' while shaking his head with a small smirk on his face.

can't remember the name but I once saw a trailer for an American film referring to the ex James bond as "Pierce Brose-nan"

long on the "Brose"

short on the "nan"

Archived