IGNORED

Interesting Article Re Harry Redknapp

Esmond Million's Bung

Sort of brings into perspective the sort of ridiculous wages being thrown about even by a smaller prem club and on a BCFC point, the Ian Broomfield who is joining Harry at QPR as head scout is Bristol born ex BCFC player, didn't make loads appearances for us probably 20 or so before moving on to Stockport, I remember watching him quite a few times for the reserves and some of his first team games, talented as a youngster just didn't quite make it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2252195/Harry-Redknapp-launches-attack-QPR-players.html

"Redknapp fined Bosingwa after the defender refused to sit on the bench for the game against Fulham last week. Redknapp said: ‘He didn’t want to be a substitute so he went home. He has been fined two weeks’ wages — £130,000. Not bad for two weeks is it? Not too bad for playing on a Saturday.’ "

How do we get to a world where someone can be paid that much to play football ... and then refuse to turn up as a sub?

Honest, but not sure he'll be able to shift players on these contracts in Jan and has probably alienated them now. Maybe not the best move by Harry.

and that's the problem in a nutshell, once upon a time a player had the pride to want to be playing regularly and nowadays it prompts reactions like this from overpaid players and why?, because they are paid so much that even at a very young age they know that they do not have to do another's days work in their lives and also prompts reactions from fans when people like Cashley Cole thinks that it's wise to tell Arsenal fans the reason that he allowed himself to be illegally tapped up by Chelsea was because Arsenal only offered him a measly 65k per week.

Modern players are solely driven by money and have little or no pride in how they earn it.

You might be right about alienating players, but that says more about them than it does about Redknapp, Bosingwa now has a dilemma does he sit out his highly paid contract at QPR and waste 2/3 years of a potentially short career or does he move on and make his prima donna type 'i'm to good for the bench protest' look as though it contained a modicum of sincerity or look as shallow as it obviously is, the good news is future employers should at least be aware of the type of individual they are dealing with.

Honest, but not sure he'll be able to shift players on these contracts in Jan and has probably alienated them now. Maybe not the best move by Harry.

For someone like Harry, it's a perfectly logical move.

He knows Jose will knock on his door and apologize. There's a few players who he's gonna give a hard time toward and initially they'll think its unfair cus they're used to being pampered and look after!

and that's the problem in a nutshell, once upon a time a player had the pride to want to be playing regularly and nowadays it prompts reactions like this from overpaid players and why?, because they are paid so much that even at a very young age they know that they do not have to do another's days work in their lives and also prompts reactions from fans when people like Cashley Cole thinks that it's wise to tell Arsenal fans the reason that he allowed himself to be illegally tapped up by Chelsea was because Arsenal only offered him a measly 65k per week.

Modern players are solely driven by money and have little or no pride in how they earn it.

You might be right about alienating players, but that says more about them than it does about Redknapp, Bosingwa now has a dilemma does he sit out his highly paid contract at QPR and waste 2/3 years of a potentially short career or does he move on and make his prima donna type 'i'm to good for the bench protest' look as though it contained a modicum of sincerity or look as shallow as it obviously is, the good news is future employers should at least be aware of the type of individual they are dealing with.

Notice you knock Chelski again when completely ignoring an even bigger wage strop by your beloved Wayne Rooney.

BCAGFC

Notice you knock Chelski again when completely ignoring an even bigger wage strop by your beloved Wayne Rooney.

BCAGFC

Jesus you really are a touchy massive chelsea fan aren't you?, if you bother to read the post and the thread even a die hard pensioners fan will see that this is in no way an attack on Chelsea whatsoever and ONLY an attack on modern day footballers.

But within the christmas spirit I will add these little niceties to cheer you up. Jimmy Greaves was my all time footballing hero (and if you know your beloved Chelsea history you will know he started his career there), Chris Garland is no.2 on my BCFC list of heroes, I think Ian Hutchinson in his prime took better throw in's than Rory Delap and I once stood in the old shed end for London derby v West Ham.

PS:- My beloved Wayne Rooney, that is absolutely hilarious, you obviously didn't read any of my post's during the euro's and the last world cup.

But hey don't let a good story get in the way of your truth.

Coming from the guy who spent loads at Portsmouth and now they are in huge financial problems!

and took a lot of money out.

The sentence that Boswinga was earning more than anybody at Tottenham pretty much says it all, a manager spends what the chairman allows him to spend at the end of the day and to that end the Spurs chairman did a great job, whereas the Portsmouth chairmen didn't.

and took a lot of money out.

The sentence that Boswinga was earning more than anybody at Tottenham pretty much says it all, a manager spends what the chairman allows him to spend at the end of the day and to that end the Spurs chairman did a great job, whereas the Portsmouth chairmen didn't.

Exactly, and the very reason that our owner is a poor judge of a football managers ability.

I don't see why you can't sack a player for refusing to sit on the bench. It's a joke

Probably can, but then you can't sell them on. Unless you have someone that is willing to write off money spent buying, training, selling etc etc. I suspect it is the reason many aren't. And at the top level, if the player has been sensible, then do they worry about unemployment, I doubt it! Different at the bottom level, granted.

Probably can, but then you can't sell them on. Unless you have someone that is willing to write off money spent buying, training, selling etc etc. I suspect it is the reason many aren't. And at the top level, if the player has been sensible, then do they worry about unemployment, I doubt it! Different at the bottom level, granted.

I don't see any reason you can't terminate a player's contract if they break it and retain their registration. There'd be tribunals and legal wrangling but if they don't fulfil their contract you could do it, and the transfer fee is for registration so I think you could still sell them as well.

I don't see any reason you can't terminate a player's contract if they break it and retain their registration. There'd be tribunals and legal wrangling but if they don't fulfil their contract you could do it, and the transfer fee is for registration so I think you could still sell them as well.
You could do, but I suspect the club will get fined for stopping a player they chose to sack, work in his trade.

I don't believe they would have a single argument that a court of law would uphold in keeping the registration, when they don't want the player. I am sure they would be breaking some facet of employment law. That is a guess on my part. But restriction of trade can't be good.

Archived