IGNORED

Disappointed With A Draw - Del

Rich i e

I can't believe how some people regard yesterday's draw as a failure - Ipswich, in their last two home games Ipswich beat Forest 3-1 and Millwall 3-0. We played some good stuff and Del got the tactics right so give him a break! Let's hope the home fans get behind the team over the next two home matches in the way the away fans did yesterday.

I can't believe how some people regard yesterday's draw as a failure - Ipswich, in their last two home games Ipswich beat Forest 3-1 and Millwall 3-0. We played some good stuff and Del got the tactics right so give him a break! Let's hope the home fans get behind the team over the next two home matches in the way the away fans did yesterday.

Seen our league position, Del's win percentage, his signings and his team selections since he took 'charge'.

I rest my case.

Seen our league position, Del's win percentage, his signings and his team selections since he took 'charge'.

I rest my case.

So you don't like Del then !!

Your thread is a about him being dissapointed with a draw , which from what I've seen , heard and read is about right. If you want to slag him off about other things , do that or join one of the many other threads doing similar.

Wont happen at least not from all parts of the ground. We've succeeded in making Ashton Gate an intimidating place to come....

... for our own players

So you don't like Del then !!

Your thread is a about him being dissapointed with a draw , which from what I've seen , heard and read is about right. If you want to slag him off about other things , do that or join one of the many other threads doing similar.

It's my thread, and 'i'll do what I want' :laugh:

I think he's probably the poorest manager I've seen in the 37 years I've had a season ticket at the gate, so no I don't care for him too much!

My point is, he can't come on being disappointed with a draw, when 'his' strikers are sat on the bench.

Sorry, are you saying the fans have made Ashton Gate a place our own players don't want to play? What utter shit!

If it was for the bollocks being served up by del, his tactics, his players he constantly picks despite being well off form and the players themselves, they wouldn't have the fans on their backs!

When playing with such a lack of pride and passion they should be working their asses off to put it right in front of the home fans, not make it worse.

It's my thread, and 'i'll do what I want' :laugh:

I think he's probably the poorest manager I've seen in the 37 years I've had a season ticket at the gate, so no I don't care for him too much!

My point is, he can't come on being disappointed with a draw, when 'his' strikers are sat on the bench.

Well he can be dissapointed and he clearly is.

I take your point about the strikers though. I would personally play Baldock , even as a lone stiker due to his movement. I don't think you have to be 'a big bloke' to play that role.

I think it's a good thing that DMC was disappointed it at least shows that perhaps things are at last improving, I just hope that this does not become the go to excuse, because as I have already said today the january conundrum has got be creating a midfield to accommodate our undoubted talented strike partnership.

PS:- it was indeed a good result but as DMC said could have been even better.

Well he can be dissapointed and he clearly is.

I take your point about the strikers though. I would personally play Baldock , even as a lone stiker due to his movement. I don't think you have to be 'a big bloke' to play that role.

One thing I'm glad he tried was the 3 centre halfs , just hope he gives that system a fair run rather than changing the formation about 4 times a game!

I agree that Baldock must play, give him a run with Davies (although maybe the reason he doesn't start much is his fitness)

The team against Ipswich with Baldock and Davies in for Stead and Anderson. We've tried just about everything else!

One thing I'm glad he tried was the 3 centre halfs , just hope he gives that system a fair run rather than changing the formation about 4 times a game!

I agree that Baldock must play, give him a run with Davies (although maybe the reason he doesn't start much is his fitness)

The team against Ipswich with Baldock and Davies in for Stead and Anderson. We've tried just about everything else!

As keen as im to see Baldock and Davies in the starting line up, I'd also like Anderson to be given a run. Sounded as if he was bright yesterday. Mystery as to why it's taken him so long to get a start.

I agree

Am I the only person who doesnt really want to see a Baldock Davies strike partnership? To me both of them are much more effective playing off a targetman!

The problem with that approach is that, in Steady and Taylor, we dont have a taget man who also possesses a goal threat, and IMO the poor quality of our midfield doesnt allow us to carry someone upfront who cannot both bring other players into the game and score - which is partly why we are where we are currently.

Wont happen at least not from all parts of the ground. We've succeeded in making Ashton Gate an intimidating place to come....

... for our own players

Don't agree with that. I think most professional footballers are thick skinned enough not to care too much what the fans think. Most people I have met in professional football see the punters as know nothing mugs anyway. The ones that do come on here probably do so to have a laugh at the crap we are all writing!!

Our poor home form is a combination of poor tactics, lack of ability in certain areas and players in key positions not putting their bodies on the line to defend the six yard box. Doesn't matter whether they are getting dogs abuse or people blowing kisses at them - until that is sorted out we will struggle at home.

The last thing to try is drop Fontaine and Foster.

Same old story - a team that can compete or a team that can score? we simply can't have both

Steady did everything except score - keeping them occupied and allowing us a foothold in midfield

Albert ran himself into the ground and was once again too good for them - but not quite good enough to win the game

Anderson tried - but was probably our weakest player

Danns - sometimes brilliant / sometimes decidedly average

Skuse did what he does well and held it all together

Defence generally sound and Cunningham generally excellent

DM again declined to change anything until very/too late (and probably the wrong change anyway) - but for once he was probably right to leave alone

We can be pleased with the performance but again frustrated that our goal scorers got splinters - the forum again says play Davies and Baldock BUT the performance again says don't!

If he plays the same team on Boxing Day it will be seen as lacking ambition and again wasteful of expensive talent (and the team will probably fail) - if he makes changes the hope of new confidence will be put at risk and the contribution of whoever makes way for Davies or Baldock (except perhaps Anderson) will surely be missed (and the team will probably fail). If it wasn't a conundrum entirely of his own making I would sympathise with Derek as the problem is all to obvious for all to see. BUT it is of his own making and hence he continues to fail (more often than not) to effectively perform at his day-job. Whatever miracles might be happening behind the scenes and even if DM deserves the credit for them - failure at Ashton Gate cannot and will not be tolerated for too much longer - The Academy (however good it might now be) cannot and will not deliver in the time left for Derek UNLESS he starts to gets his first priority right PDQ!

So why are we playing better away from home and why does just about every person involved in professional football say that a home crowd can have either a great positive effect or the reverse ?

I think the fact we are playing better away from home shows that we are a poor side to be honest. At Home when the onus is on us to attack we show nothing in terms of being able to create. Away from home we can play on the break and probably get a little bit more space to play in when the other team is trying to break us down and commit men forward.

Yes, all things being equal, the crowd can make a difference and history shows teams get better results at Home than Away. But things aren't equal down the Gate at present as we lack talent in important areas and we have players selected every week who are not prepared or do not have the guts/talent to defend our six yard box properly. No amount of crowd encouragement or the opposite will make a massive difference in my view until these things change.

Archived