IGNORED

Boxing Day Rain Off?

Welcome To The Jungle

When was the last time the Gate was deemed unplayable due to rain? Nothing comes to mind TBH.

Used to be dreadful years ago, proverbially when the tide was up in the Cut. Very good now, despite being very low lying.

The Methanium is 200 feet above sea level and it is a swamp. Go figure, as they say...

When was the last time the Gate was deemed unplayable due to rain? Nothing comes to mind TBH.

Notts County in our promotion season under GJ I think? Poured down at h/t and got abandoned about 55-60 minute mark. We were losing and went on to win the rearranged match.

Notts County in our promotion season under GJ I think? Poured down at h/t and got abandoned about 55-60 minute mark. We were losing and went on to win the rearranged match.

Yeah that's right, we were 1-0 down at half time dan the heavens just opened! Pitch was wrecked, as uncovered, and the whole ateyo was singing 'call it off'...!

Be amazed if its off. The ground staff will have everything prepared as per normal anyway.

I remember in the promotion season under GJ we had port vale at home one horrible rainy day and the pitch was the most waterlogged I have ever seen it. The game was played that day so no reason why it won't be on Boxing Day.

Archived