IGNORED

97/98 Promotion Season Video

ashton_fan

This video is based on a program shown at the end of the 97/98 season on HTV, but with all the 'filler' material in the studio removed. It shows goal action from all the critical games including two excellent wins over the Rovers, plus comments by John Ward (nice to see him showing his true colours) and end of season celebrations. Happy Christmas.

http://youtu.be/ifokK2R_FLg

I were only a babber at the time, but I remember Torpey being unpopular and didn't really understand why...

fair enough J, got to say I loathed torpey at the time, and always thought he was a gas style player - a big, hefty target man and not someone suited to the collective vision we tend to have of city being an attractive footballing side (I realize how bonkers that sounds :s ).

This video is based on a program shown at the end of the 97/98 season on HTV, but with all the 'filler' material in the studio removed. It shows goal action from all the critical games including two excellent wins over the Rovers, plus comments by John Ward (nice to see him showing his true colours) and end of season celebrations. Happy Christmas.

http://youtu.be/ifokK2R_FLg

Fantastic, thanks for the upload!!

Thanks very much for that - a really great Christmas present :xmas: Great to see players who cared, a manger who knew what he was doing, fans singing their hearts out, and a chairman who was here rather than in a tax haven.

That was a team that was a pleasure to watch - Sean Goater alone was worth the entrance fee.

I always rated JW, and am less than happy to see him at the Gas. We shall see, but I reckon he'll save them from the drop. Maybe he could have saved us...

Archived