IGNORED

My Great Great Uncle

durhamred13

David W Woods' excellent book The Bristol Babe lists all players to have made a first team appearance and I'm afraid there's nobody of that name among them. It doesn't mean he wasn't on the staff, maybe just played reserve team football?

HTH

I have two Uncles on my Dad's side that played pro football before and after the 2nd world war, one for the City and the other for the Gas, it was always said they played for the reserves, rather than being pro's that were in the reserves waiting for a chance to get in the 1st team. Maybe football was structured differently, two squads, 1st team and the Reserves? It was said my Gas head Uncle was unfortunate to be around when Geoff Bradford was playing which meant he never got a chance to play Centre Forward for the 1st team, but surely Bradford was injured at some stage?

Both passed on now so I can't ask them, luckily for me my Gas head Uncle took a trip to Damascus just after he retired from football and spent the rest of his life stood on Crackers Corner watching City.

Though to be fair the Rovers did send flowers and a club representative when he passed away.

Bill Parsons was the City player and Ted Parsons the Gas head, God bless them both.

Archived