IGNORED

Peterborough, Do Or Die For Del?

Dynamite Red

With the gap to Championship safety increasing to 5 points today the board must be getting twitchy and pondering how we can get out of this mire.

For me I have backed Del and wished him every success but I believe it has now come down to Saturdays result for those who are still behind him.

With a modest improvement in form a win and I think we will stick with him and back him in the transfer window, a draw or loss and our board must be thinking drastic changes are required to make any attempt to save our Championship status.

This is our biggest game of the season so far, I hope the board put some financial incentive to pack out the Gate. Come on you reds.

True, the board should offer some incentive for fans to pack out the gate, especially after the Watford game being postponed, and the fact it was Christmas yesterday.

And also I agree that it could be worth sacking del if we collapse at Boro on saturday, while O driscolls available, as the latter can set up a good midfield, and may be able to get more out of Cole like at the latter end of last season providing he has the financial backing, and the backroom staff actually tell the man that thr midfield in general bar Skuse (who played on comeback from injury against ipswich which got us a point), Anderson (having only started, what twice?), and Albert, as SoD could maybe get the kiddie to look up and play a pass, could lead to a stronger core of the side providing the man covers where McClueless failed and gets a new centre back pairing, and a playmaker and backup midfielder.

With the gap to Championship safety increasing to 5 points today the board must be getting twitchy and pondering how we can get out of this mire.

For me I have backed Del and wished him every success but I believe it has now come down to Saturdays result for those who are still behind him.

With a modest improvement in form a win and I think we will stick with him and back him in the transfer window, a draw or loss and our board must be thinking drastic changes are required to make any attempt to save our Championship status.

This is our biggest game of the season so far, I hope the board put some financial incentive to pack out the Gate. Come on you reds.

Although a reduction in admission would increase the attendance only a "lets knock Bro into the middle of next week" attitude by players and fans will reap a reward of 3pts.

as O'driscoll has been sacked he could be approached and if the results don't improve then go for him.

This has been done before, firstly we are broke secondly why do you think he was sacked? and thirdly SL will not back down from his statement on this matter a few weeks back.

We can't get out of the mire with Del at the helm. i don't believe the players we have are actually that bad….. he just can't motivate them and is incompetent tactically.

Defeat to P'boro HAS to seal his fate, if not then the board have some big questions to answer.

i maybe a minority here, but I'd want a new manager if/when we go down.. start fresh..

I get what your saying and one of the reasons I didn't want O'driscoll last year as I believe he would have bought long term change to this club, rather then short change and survival.

I think with SOD in charge we would go down....however long term I think we would be better equipped to bounce back.

For me this is the litmus test for ours and Dels future. A win on Saturday and this will certainly give Del more time and and hopefully more funds come the transfer window . If we loose and Del isn't given his marching orders then I think he is unsackable.

I have heard that City are preparing for life in league 1 and that Del will still be there next season even if we go down . So even if we loose heavily I can't see him getting the sack.

For me this is the litmus test for ours and Dels future. A win on Saturday and this will certainly give Del more time and and hopefully more funds come the transfer window . If we loose and Del isn't given his marching orders then I think he is unsackable.

I have heard that City are preparing for life in league 1 and that Del will still be there next season even if we go down . So even if we loose heavily I can't see him getting the sack.

I fear that Lansdown is going to back Del regardless.Again it is misguided loyalty and poor judgement which has been the hallmark of his tenure. But the idea that McInnes who has shown himself to be poor in tactics , motivation and patchy in the transfer market , will be the man to sort us out and gain promotion back to the Championship is hard to understand and very dangerous for the future of our club.

I get what your saying and one of the reasons I didn't want O'driscoll last year as I believe he would have bought long term change to this club, rather then short change and survival.

I think with SOD in charge we would go down....however long term I think we would be better equipped to bounce back.

agreed

I fear that Lansdown is going to back Del regardless.Again it is misguided loyalty and poor judgement which has been the hallmark of his tenure. But the idea that McInnes who has shown himself to be poor in tactics , motivation and patchy in the transfer market , will be the man to sort us out and gain promotion back to the Championship is hard to understand and very dangerous for the future of our club.

I fear the same, but most importantly we need the 3 points against posh. For me if we don't get them I'd bring in SOD but don't think club will act.

We've had it, look at the teams above us, they are all better bar Barnsley. In previous seasons we have had teams like Donny saving us from relegation but even if we get above Barnsley and Posh, teams above are Blackburn, Wolves, Ipswich and Birmingham. We tried to keep in the championship on the cheap and now this season it will cost us. Even sheff wed have a better chance than us as I have more faith in their manager

Archived