IGNORED

Making A Stand?

Esmond Million's Bung

The matchday experience is carp now, anyway :angry: For the price of the cheapest seat at the Gate my wife and I saw and enjoyed Handel's Messiah :xmas: at the Cole Snaw. And they encouraged us to stand during the Hallelujah Chorus :trumpet::violin::dance:

What's more, we could drink cider :drunk2: and the acoustics were excellent :chant6ez:

Mind you, the seats were just as uncomfortable as at the Gate :noexp:

Why? What harm is standing on a back row of a stand?

I personally don't have any problem with standing, but that's the club's rules and the supporters should follow them. I'm sick of stewards getting shit from the supporters all the time, just for doing their jobs. To make an example like this is a decent move and saves the stewards the aggravation.

I personally don't have any problem with standing, but that's the club's rules and the supporters should follow them. I'm sick of stewards getting shit from the supporters all the time, just for doing their jobs. To make an example like this is a decent move and saves the stewards the aggravation.

Maybe more clubs should try and get safe standing going, instead of just going "were following the rules".

Maybe stewards should club together to try and get safe standing, therefore making their jobs easier.

Maybe more clubs should try and get safe standing going, instead of just going "were following the rules".

Maybe stewards should club together to try and get safe standing, therefore making their jobs easier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_standing - See "Growing support for safe standing in England and Wales". You'll note City and Sunderland are supporters.

Why the hell should stewards 'club together'?! What a stupid thing to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_standing - See "Growing support for safe standing in England and Wales". You'll note City and Sunderland are supporters.

Why the hell should stewards 'club together'?! What a stupid thing to say.

How is it a stupid thing to say?

If stewards started to write to their mp's etc, it would show they were in support aswell. Instead of trying to enforce plain stupid rules.

The matchday experience is carp now, anyway :angry: For the price of the cheapest seat at the Gate my wife and I saw and enjoyed Handel's Messiah :xmas: at the Cole Snaw. And they encouraged us to stand during the Hallelujah Chorus :trumpet::violin::dance:

What's more, we could drink cider :drunk2: and the acoustics were excellent :chant6ez:

Traditional to stand during the Messiah after King George III (?) did so when it was played at a concert he went to. He was giving nuff respect to a fellow kraut...

Who won?

Archived