IGNORED

Early Signing

newarkred

The way this season has gone so far, i don't think it is going to make much difference who we bring in. The last few game have been terrible and we sit bottom of the table. Start planning for next season and who are we are going to put out against the likes of Brentford and Port Vale.

The moment you annouce your intentions then you can easily add another £nK to the sum. DM has already said he has the support of the board if he needs to strengthen (even with the current financial situation). I'll admit though I don't expect any knight in shining armour to be coming to the rescue in Jan. For current championship plays the prospect of moving to a team at the bottom of the table isn't a good one. As can be said for good players in league 1. They are unlikely to move to a club that could put them back in the league they want to get out of. (So we would basically end up with over priced dross). I think loans would actually be the better option, players will want to prove themselves to the parent club or put themselves in the shop window.

Any big money signings are going to be a gamble given our position. I expect to see Danns loan extended to the end of the season with a future fee agreed if we stay up. Any other signing will more than likely be from the lower leagues or abroad/Scotland which may not be a bad thing if we can get some young hungry lads with potential to improve or Premiership fringe players either on loan or signed for a nominal fee.

Do you think Del will have a player lined up to bring in early in January or do you think we will have to wait a couple of weeks? I have a horrid feeling we won't see anyone come in. Hope I'm wrong though.

No, anybody worth having will have other options and won't be rushing to join our show.

Archived