IGNORED

Another Own Goal!

frenchred

Did anyone else have to pay extra to exchange boxing day ticket for ticket today? What an absolute rip off and they wonder why they are so out of touch with their fans!

Its not difficult just exchange like for like, unfortunately for our dumb as club not possible.

Thats done it for me, been fleeced enough, only 4 quid extra but again, how out of touch

Hope we avoid relegation, I wont be there to see it

Did anyone else have to pay extra to exchange boxing day ticket for ticket today? What an absolute rip off and they wonder why they are so out of touch with their fans!

Its not difficult just exchange like for like, unfortunately for our dumb as club not possible.

Thats done it for me, been fleeced enough, only 4 quid extra but again, how out of touch

DL, take notice and act.

No.

Does anyone else want to find something trivial to moan about , because they can't moan about the result ??

Really? Why was it extra? Same category of match wasn't it or were you going for a different stand?

it was different apparently because I bought the Watford game early, and could only exchange it for pay on the day today!

Ok let me understand this.

You were asked to pay extra,as it was pay on the day, to exchange a ticket you bought for a match which was called off despite the game being classified in the same bracket?

Did you post this on the pinned David Lloyd thread?

Ok let me understand this.

You were asked to pay extra,as it was pay on the day, to exchange a ticket you bought for a match which was called off despite the game being classified in the same bracket?

Did you post this on the pinned David Lloyd thread?

Yep you got it mate, same stand, same seat!

Sorry, that seems pretty fair to me .

Pretty fair?

I was in Bristol early so got a Watford ticket

Unable to get there before today to change ticket so cost an extra 4 quid to do so.

If the club honestly think that is fair then fair enough, as I said I'm not too bothered

I just wont bother again

Yep you got it mate, same stand, same seat!

Classy!!

I noted you did put this on the other thread!

I suppose the arguement is that they would honour the ticket for the Watford match but you want a ticket for another match which commands a service charge to cover overheads. The fact you are unable to get to the future match is irrelevant and obviously not the fault of the club!?

I could possibly understand this if this was for a postponbed performance of Swan Lake at the Bristol Old Vic and you were swapping for a performance of Placido Domingo, but Bristol City v Watford or Bristol City v Posh is a bit rich.

I understand the need to earn a profit better than most, however if the best some can come up with is to inject a few dodgy four quids into the coffers then someone is an ass of the highest order!

Classy!!

I noted you did put this on the other thread!

I suppose the arguement is that they would honour the ticket for the Watford match but you want a ticket for another match which commands a service charge to cover overheads. The fact you are unable to get to the future match is irrelevant and obviously not the fault of the club!?

I could possibly understand this if this was for a postponbed performance of Swan Lake at the Bristol Old Vic and you were swapping for a performance of Placido Domingo, but Bristol City v Watford or Bristol City v Posh is a bit rich.

I understand the need to earn a profit better than most, however if the best some can come up with is to inject a few dodgy four quids into the coffers then someone is an ass of the highest order!

Really appreciate your support mate, just dont expect anything from our club!

Really appreciate your support mate, just dont expect anything from our club!

I have been a travelling supporter all my life! There were a few years there where the whole ticketing system was cleaned up and underpinned by the membership scheme that was cast aside by Mr Gould!

Good luck getting your 4 quid back, however I would delight in telling DL and the board where they can ram it!

should have exchanged early, ffs what else can we moan about, pisses me off big time, get on with yer life and take the shit on yer chin, it's a friggin foooty match,

yep its a friggin football match and if I could have got to the stadium before today I would have einstein! I can moan about a lot more if you want me to but I doubt you are educated enough to understand

I would've been kicked off of my business course at college, faster than you could say "service charge" , for proposing such an idea.

I would've been kicked off of my business course at college, faster than you could say "service charge" , for proposing such an idea.

Exactly!

So lacking business sense AND football sense...Sacked the marketing department, employed an inexperienced manager and his team and behold we are bottom of the league!!

These guys wouldn't have made it on your business course to get kicked off!

Have been contacted by the club and asked to post the following.

The ticket offer to swap from the Boxing Day game to yesterday should have been a straight swap, and nobody should have paid any extra. There was an error in doing this, and anyone who was charged extra can claim a refund. If you email Kevin Smith, he will arrange for you to have the difference refunded to you.

Kevin.smith@bcfc.co.uk

So a cock up in the ticket office is now an own goal by the club?

Does my head in the uproar caused before anyone knows the facts.

Yes, it is, they know the current level of feeling, so basics like this, they should not be getting wrong. Yet they fail to get the message through to their staff, or maybe the morale is so poor some staff just do not care. After all surely Dave L was already feeding back what a shower of Shiite this club appears to be to the fans, so public facing employee's should have been aware about bog standard mistakes.

I hope the club refund direct to the guys bank, and do notmmake him have to phone and pop down to collect it, wasting more of his time and money.

Jordan, its little things like this on top of the crap football this season that can stop people from going and in the long term cost the club a lot of money. So yeah, it really is a own goal, whether it was intentionality or not.

I suspect Frenchred questioned the payment and I also suspect that he was told 'company policy', the ticket office staff are BCFC employees, so unless the ticket office person made the payment up on the hoof or pocketed the £4, the extra payment clause must have come from somewhere, so who else is too blame?, I suspect that as a student £4 would have either fed you for a week or given you another drink in the pub.

I suspect Frenchred questioned the payment and I also suspect that he was told 'company policy', the ticket office staff are BCFC employees, so unless the ticket office person made the payment up on the hoof or pocketed the £4, the extra payment clause must have come from somewhere, so who else is too blame?, I suspect that as a student £4 would have either fed you for a week or given you another drink in the pub.

You suspect, but you don't know!

I suspect that if Frenchred had demanded to see the person in charge it may have been resolved there and then, but I don't know either!

The club has acted quickly to resolve this matter hopefully to the satisfaction of the person involved.

Good luck with the continuing club bashing in 2013 Esmond

You suspect, but you don't know!

I suspect that if Frenchred had demanded to see the person in charge it may have been resolved there and then, but I don't know either!

The club has acted quickly to resolve this matter hopefully to the satisfaction of the person involved.

Good luck with the continuing club bashing in 2013 Esmond

Whatever are you talking about?, there is 6/7 page thread about how detached the club has become from it's fan base and even the usual happy clappy brigade have waded in with their particular gripes, many of which are about difficulties over ticketing and pricing.

My suspicions were based on what I would have done personally and also personal experience with the ticket office.

The decision to treat BCFC as a business and it's 'FANS' as 'CONSUMERS' and talk to the 'FANS' in 'CONSUMER' speak was the club's decision not mine or anybody on OTIB, everybody within the club who give interviews that are released into the public domain need to be more media savvy and remember they are speaking to 'FANS'.

I call it as I see it and for me it's this simple in 55 years of support the past 3 seasons are without doubt the most dire that I can remember, worse than the woes of 82 because that never lasted for 3 years.

if you don't like it don't read it, there's a new years resolution for you.

Just don't see the issue now we know it shouldn't have happened. It's a mistake, people make them. This wasn't the club trying to fleece the fans some more, it was a simple mistake that cost a chap £4.

The uproar is unjust. Result went well so find something new to act persecuted... I thought it was scousers who love being the victim?

Bores me to death.

Whatever are you talking about?, there is 6/7 page thread about how detached the club has become from it's fan base and even the usual happy clappy brigade have waded in with their particular gripes, many of which are about difficulties over ticketing and pricing.

My suspicions were based on what I would have done personally and also personal experience with the ticket office.

The decision to treat BCFC as a business and it's 'FANS' as 'CONSUMERS' and talk to the 'FANS' in 'CONSUMER' speak was the club's decision not mine or anybody on OTIB, everybody within the club who give interviews that are released into the public domain need to be more media savvy and remember they are speaking to 'FANS'.

I call it as I see it and for me it's this simple in 55 years of support the past 3 seasons are without doubt the most dire that I can remember, worse than the woes of 82 because that never lasted for 3 years.

if you don't like it don't read it, there's a new years resolution for you.

I'm going to see your 55 years and raise you my 58 years, not that the time we have supported the club is at all relevant.

I have also contributed to the what's wrong with the club thread, by making what I think is a number of constructive points, not just bashing the club, without an opinion on how to make things better.

Thanks for your advice about not reading some of the things written on OTIB, however I prefer to read and discuss anything and everything written about my club, how else would I get the chance to form an opinion of fellow fans other than reading their views.

Anyway my glass is half full so I'd better top it up. Enjoy the three points

Archived