IGNORED

Cunningham - Centre Half

Guest crusader

Guest crusader
Yeah lets change a winning team, two 5'8 CB's? never going to go well really we have enough problems from corners with 6ft CB's. Maybe add Carey into the team occasionally but keep Cunningham LB.

Carey was in for two games and i believe we picked up points. (open to be corrected) Numpty McInness changes the team. I'm not saying his performance was outstanding but his presence is valuable

Guest crusader
Umm, no!!

With the current system its crying out for him at left wing back. As his cock up showed, he aint no centre back!!

Cock up through lack of experience. On that basis Wilson Fontaine etc etc shouldnt be playing either. I'm saying best option to be compact, solid

Umm, no!!

With the current system its crying out for him at left wing back. As his cock up showed, he aint no centre back!!

Correct but I wouldn't say he was terrible today. he made a mistake and I expect he will own up to it. But as part of a back 3 Cunners on the left might be worth anopther try. I didn't get a clear view of Boro's 2nd goal so I'd be interested to know if he was involved. But I did very clearly see his error for the pen:

Ball through from the boro chap with longish hair (who I thought was a fairly good AM but lacked pace) was perfect as it stopped dead in front of GC who couldn't get it out of his feet under pressure from the player that got brought down. He's the type of player to learn from that though and Heaton made his feelings clear. I think GC was waiting for a call from Heaton which never came, lets hope next time its going into row z, which ironically was where I was today.

It was a silly mistake but I'm hoping my view on it makes it more forgivable for those that like a scapegoat.

Correct but I wouldn't say he was terrible today. he made a mistake and I expect he will own up to it. But as part of a back 3 Cunners on the left might be worth anopther try. I didn't get a clear view of Boro's 2nd goal so I'd be interested to know if he was involved. But I did very clearly see his error for the pen:

Ball through from the boro chap with longish hair (who I thought was a fairly good AM but lacked pace) was perfect as it stopped dead in front of GC who couldn't get it out of his feet under pressure from the player that got brought down. He's the type of player to learn from that though and Heaton made his feelings clear. I think GC was waiting for a call from Heaton which never came, lets hope next time its going into row z, which ironically was where I was today.

There was a next time during the game and he opted to clear to the sidelines. I thought the second goal was down to McManus who could have cleared the ball first time but instead decided to let it run across him (I think he was intending to pass back to the keeper) only for their striker to nip in.

Anyway both those goals against just highlight our predicament. Having said that a stable central defensive partnership is a must if we are going to beat the drop.

Defence wasn't a problem today, we conceded two because of Derek's persistence in playing Heaton who cannot save an angle shot and will probably never save a penalty for us. Get Gerken in or buy a new keeper in the window.

Are you seriously having a go at him cause he didn't save the penalty? Honestly some of our fans are just an utter embarrasment.

Defence wasn't a problem today, we conceded two because of Derek's persistence in playing Heaton who cannot save an angle shot and will probably never save a penalty for us. Get Gerken in or buy a new keeper in the window.
Don't agree with this post, as such, but I felt Heaton could have been quicker/braver and maybe avoided conceding the penalty.

Personally, over the course of the season so far, I'd prefer to see Gerken between the sticks.

Although Peterborough have the second worst defence in the division and played most of the game with ten men - our performance was sufficient to suggest we should persist with the formation BUT Cunningham in the centre and Foster at left wing-back was quite frankly absurd!

Without commenting on Foster's performance at right-back he has surely proved his inadequacy in midfield, on the right wing and at left-back - so how on God's green earth was he going to perform in the role he was give yesterday??

After all that has been seen of Liam of this season it is hard to fathom why DM should wait until he performs well in a three man central defense at Ipswich to drop him in favour of playing two players plainly out of position - Peterborough's contribution to their own downfall should not be allowed to hide one of DM's most peculiar and unwarranted team selections yet.

Umm, no!!

True but I can see why Del went with the Cunningham CB. I don't think he wanted McManus LCB and won't play Fontaine (thank ****). If you noticed aswel, both LCB & RCB had freedom to move forward as they were very well supported by Danns & Skuse.

Made sense for what we have for options.

Guest WickwarRed

Cunningham played on the left of 3 centre backs...makes sense as he is left footed and Fontaine has had a nightmare this season.

Cunningham was at fault for the first goal and I thought bates got caught out of position for the 2nd, but I thought we looked really solid and the shape gave the side much more balance!

I will be interesting to see how he tweaks it at Millwall (extra midfielder player instead of Anderson? More right sided defensive player instead of Adomah? etc), however I would keep the same back 3 and allow the partnership to develop

Although Peterborough have the second worst defence in the division and played most of the game with ten men - our performance was sufficient to suggest we should persist with the formation BUT Cunningham in the centre and Foster at left wing-back was quite frankly absurd!

Without commenting on Foster's performance at right-back he has surely proved his inadequacy in midfield, on the right wing and at left-back - so how on God's green earth was he going to perform in the role he was give yesterday??

After all that has been seen of Liam of this season it is hard to fathom why DM should wait until he performs well in a three man central defense at Ipswich to drop him in favour of playing two players plainly out of position - Peterborough's contribution to their own downfall should not be allowed to hide one of DM's most peculiar and unwarranted team selections yet.

Unwarranted is irrelevant. THe manager picks the side he thinks will win the game. If he gets it wrong then he gets a load of s***. Gets it right he gets credit. We were 1-0 up before the sending off and immediately stopped playing after the sending off. Eventually we cottoned onto the need to just keep the ball and move them around the pitch. There was some decent footie, expecially the move before Baldock hit the post in the 1st half.

One thing he did add to our back 3 was excellent distribution into midfield. Would love to see us get a quality CM in and move Skuse into the position Bates played.

I though Bates was excellent yesterday, barely put a foot wrong. Reminded me of a young Carey actually with his forward runs. His dribbling skills however require improvement!

But Skuse could fill in that role, yes. Replace Bates? No.

I think Cunningham played okay in his position but was at fault for the goal totally in his awareness of knowing where Boyd was with a simple long ball over the top from Boro. I prefer him to Fontaine on his current form but would much prefer see Cunningham playing either LB or LWB which I assume he will against Millwall seeing as foster is out.

Archived