IGNORED

Adomah At Full Back

miketh2nd

I was quite surprised to see him start here , especially during the start I was very wary of Adomah worrying about his positional sense and tracking back. Fair play to adomah he played really well and I suppose becuase he never makes runs on the wing he may as well start from RB position. Therefore it being harder for the opposition to mark him.

In the second half Bates was helping Adomah a lot more on the right side , so Adomah didn't have to worry so much about his defensive duties. I don't think Adomah has the stamina to do this position against a top 10 side though. Although this 3-4-1-2 when attacking 5-3-2 when defending is a new formation and I think if Bates gives enough defensive support to Adomah could well be a position Adomah thrives in .

Although knowing Mcinnes we'll change formation come next game.

I think the fact that Foster was playing on the other side helped a lot because Foster loves going forward and usually gets a little bit too close to Adomah when the ball is around the middle part of the pitch. This encourages more of their midfielders to go to Albert when he has the ball, and effectively us losing the ball. The fact that Foster wasn't there gave him a lot more space and freedom, and I thought looked a lot more dangerous when attacking than in any other game this season.

Bryan played well when he came on as well, gor down tje line well, If we dont keep Danns would Wooly fit into centre mid he doesnt have pace but could be the creative midfielder we are after.

I have to agree in the second half especialy AA had so much room he could just attack there defence he was just like Albert of old we'll miss him next month

In Euro 1996, England played McManaman and Anderton as wing backs and that side was the best England side of my lifetime. As long as Albert's team mates ensure he has a bit of support when he has to defend, then playing him there is a decent idea. Wouldn't like to see it away to Cardiff though...

Had meant to say wingback rather than fullback. Adomah started at the right wingback position , hence trying to track back when losing possesion of the ball taking throw ins playing a lot deeper. He got away with defending less once they had the player sent off.

This formation was used to make the best of Peterborough's weaknesses. They play with Wing backs and a very very narrow midfield, so there was no need for us to play with two on each wing. Most teams, including our next opponents, Millwall, play with two on each wing, meaning we would get ripped apart down our right hand side with just Adomah there.

This formation was used to make the best of Peterborough's weaknesses. They play with Wing backs and a very very narrow midfield, so there was no need for us to play with two on each wing. Most teams, including our next opponents, Millwall, play with two on each wing, meaning we would get ripped apart down our right hand side with just Adomah there.

It could also be that our 2 strikers and AM sitting on their 2 CMs (especially with the speed on Baldock) pins their defence back not allowing their LB/RB to go forward and therefore leaving the Left and right wingers isolated....... it's always fun to see formations countering each other and how different teams use them.

Archived