IGNORED

Why The Love In For Sean O'driscoll?

NVMal

His managerial CV is hugely more impressive than McInnes. Admittedly that isn't difficult.

Our options, I suspect, are limited but SOD has proven before that he can get the most from his players. It's not a guarantee though, of course.

What's he ever done? Would be a diabolical choice if we decide to change the manager. I'd rather keep McInnes.

Conversely why keep McInnes??!! His record is diabolical in the true sense of the word! SOD was treated appallingly by Forest, where he had them on the up and up and who have now appointed McLeish, a dire option, to replace him!!

Here's his record, as you will see. Nothing to get excited about. Bournemouth From 19 August 2000 To 10 September 2006 Games - 326 Won - 118 Drew - 98 Lost - 110 Win % - 36.20 Doncaster Rovers From 8 September 2006 To 23 September 2011 Games - 268 Won - 97 Drew - 72 Lost - 99 Win % - 36.19 Crawley Town From - 16 May 2012 To - 19 July 2012 Won - 0 Drew - 0 Lost - 0 Win % - 0 Nottingham Forest From 19 July 2012 To 26 December 2012 Games - 26 Won - 10 Drew - 9 Lost - 7 Win % - 38.46 Total Games - 620 Won - 225 Drew - 179 Lost - 216 Win % - 36.29

Here's his record, as you will see. Nothing to get excited about. Bournemouth From 19 August 2000 To 10 September 2006 Games - 326 Won - 118 Drew - 98 Lost - 110 Win % - 36.20 Doncaster Rovers From 8 September 2006 To 23 September 2011 Games - 268 Won - 97 Drew - 72 Lost - 99 Win % - 36.19 Crawley Town From - 16 May 2012 To - 19 July 2012 Won - 0 Drew - 0 Lost - 0 Win % - 0 Nottingham Forest From 19 July 2012 To 26 December 2012 Games - 26 Won - 10 Drew - 9 Lost - 7 Win % - 38.46 Total Games - 620 Won - 225 Drew - 179 Lost - 216 Win % - 36.29

Now contrast that with McInnes' record in English Football...........

Because when he brought his Doncaster team to the Gate i witnessed the best passing game by a visiting team outside the prem .

Practically everyone on this forum drooled over it

I also witnessed a totally inept display by us, as useless as some of the stuff dished up by the current mob.

Would i be right in saying

the reason you wouldnt want Hoddle has nothing to do with football?

I agree and if we don't want a manager with shocking views on disability, we shouldn't have one with fascist "sympathies", either.

As for S'OD, he seems to have become more popular since we appointed McInnes than I recall at the time we had a vacancy....

Would I class myself as confident of staying up is SO'D became our manager? Not particularly (the same for whoever our manager was).

Would I be more confident than I am with McInnes as manager? Definitely.

Which one would I want to be in charge to try and get us out of League 1 next season? O'Driscoll every single time.

So people wanted stats:

Sean_O'Driscoll

Bournemouth - 326 games - 118 wins - 98 draws - 110 loses - win percentage 36.20%

Doncaster Rovers - 268 games - 97 wins - 72 draws - 99 loses - win percentage 36.19%

Nottingham Forest - 26 games - 10 wins - 9 draws - 7 loses - win percentage 38.46%

Total - 620 games - 225 wins - 179 draws - 216 loses - win percentage 36.29%

Derek McInnes

St Johnstone - 132 games - 53 wins - 41 draws - 38 loses - win percentage - 40.15%

Bristol City - 61 games - 17 wins - 14 draws - 30 loses - win percentage - 27.87%

Total - 193 games - 70 wins - 55 draws - 68 loses - win percentage - 36.27%

So O'Driscoll has three times as much experience when it comes to game managed, has consistently held a win percentage of 36% or higher, including as a manager in this league and on the other side you have McInnes who, until joining us, never managed in the Championship.

One thing I like about O'Driscoll is how long he stays with clubs, I mean no-one wants to keep a manager for 200+ games if they can't do their job.

Billy Davies has a superb win ratio (all above 40%) at all three clubs PNE, Derby and Forest. My concern would be why has he been out of football for 18 months?

Because the blokes a complete bast&rd when it comes to chairmans who dont give him much money, i.e. why he walked on florist.

Guest lifelong

The only reason for choosing any future manager should be football ones. I`m sure fergie, Rafa, Arsen, Colin et al have some opinions which some on here would find offensive, difference is Hoddles opinion is in the public domain so he continues to get slaughtered for it, same with De Canio.

Guest bcfcsouth

di canio wouldn't want to join a relegation battle.. I get the impression with him the second things look like they're going down hill he'll flee

Same impression i get with me, i guess he would have a "If the players arnt trying, them im not either" and go.

Archived