IGNORED

Neil Danns Twitter

Super

looks like posh are getting Powell from man Utd which will boost their midfield for sure!! Also taking Aaron Mcclean back too!

Well, we're doomed then cos lets face it, excluding skuse, albert anderson, davies, baldock, and maybe cunningham who are our only half decent players, the rest of our squad are either league 1 standard or crocked through injury like marvin.

That article says that Danns contract at Leicester expires in the summer. I think that's wrong as he signed a 3 year deal in June 2011.

Still don't think we'd be looking at a massive transfer fee, it's just the wages/length of contract that would be the stumbling block for me. I am sure others would be interested in signing him permanently as well...

I personally think that Danns will not sign anything permanent for us until he believes that we will not be relegated. After all he has a contract with a club that has a very good chance of being promoted. For him, it's a no-brainer to bide his time to find out whether he has any kind of future at Leicester. Be honest, what would you do?

... I don't see how this matters whatsoever as he was ineligible to play against Leicester either way.

Good point. If it is going to be renewed it will probably be later in January. Leicester are probably going to wait to see if they get any offers for him. He evidently isn't wanted by the manager, but is an asset in the transfer market.

On Sky Sports website., DM is quoted as saying "Neil has returned to Leicester now and has to see where he is at back there.

"If Neil became available again, either on loan or permanently, then I think we'd be at the front of the queue."

This suggests to me Leicester weren't interested in selling him or letting him go on a longer loan, merely allowing him to maintain fitness by getting game time. I suspect they feel they will need all hands to the pump for what will be a promotion push. If, (AND it's a HUGE if) we were to stay up, we'd probably get him permanently at the end of the season.

Just goes to show that we never really get to hear the ins and outs of some of these deals...

We have just cut the wage bill so there is no way Danns will sign

If we can get the player and HE is good enough to put the fight back into the team, plus i think other players respond to his attitude sod the wage bill.

City will certainly lose a lot more if we get relegated.

If we as a club have any ambition left this is the kind of signing we need.

We had the chance to do that with Bikey who pretty much shored up our defence last season but his wage demands were too much so we opted for McManus who did nothing last season and hasn't done much this season for us, I expect he will be the only signing this Jan as well. Danns is no different to the Bikey situation

We had the chance to do that with Bikey who pretty much shored up our defence last season but his wage demands were too much so we opted for McManus who did nothing last season and hasn't done much this season for us, I expect he will be the only signing this Jan as well. Danns is no different to the Bikey situation

Baseless, yet said with such conviction.

Bikey was overrated, slow and wasn't the rock people make him out to be in any way.

Archived