IGNORED

Bristol City Fans

Lew-T

Sorry, but this has to stop. I'm sick to death seeing 'crap' being said to the players on twitter every Saturday afternoon at 5pm. I'm embarrassed to support the same club as them!

@LukeMilkins: @martynwoolford ain't it bout time you ****** off else where you shit****?

@Bristolgoc: @weareelite01 I wish Morris would quit and go to London to bum around with his other knob head mates

@weareelite01: @Bristolgoc he is only here for the money and has no loyalty @morriskid

How the hell does that help their confidence? Some City fans are really thick aren't they.. Jesus Christ! What's wrong with some of you.

Guest alexanl1

Well said and I agree. If we are going to get out of the mess we're in then we as a whole need to pull together.....players, management and fans

Sorry, but this has to stop. I'm sick to death seeing 'crap' being said to the players on twitter every Saturday afternoon at 5pm. I'm embarrassed to support the same club as them!

@LukeMilkins: @martynwoolford ain't it bout time you ****** off else where you shit****?

@Bristolgoc: @weareelite01 I wish Morris would quit and go to London to bum around with his other knob head mates

@weareelite01: @Bristolgoc he is only here for the money and has no loyalty @morriskid

How the hell does that help their confidence? Some City fans are really thick aren't they.. Jesus Christ! What's wrong with some of you.

Their choice to go on there

They should know what the crack is.

Could always delete their accounts

Guest alexanl1

So you are happy with jody Morris this season then he's fully deserved his wages

doesn't deserve his wages however going on twitter and abusing him aint gonna help! There's already a void between the fans and the club and I don't think abusing morris will help

Under the name of a Bristol City supporter.

These people should really seek some professional help.

I just don't see how they think abusing the players will help? Talk about kicking them while their down...

Sorry bur Morris has done naff all since his arrival apart from organise the odd night out. Probably does not deserve personal abuse, but he has done nothing since he got here. At least MW has tried. It is unfortunate he has not been a success in my opinion, but that happens - Maybe time to move on.

I recall Derek saying at end of last season that he had no problem with Twitter as long as players are sensible and use common sense.

Stead and Woolford are two examples are players who come under this category

For Morris on the other hand this isn't the first time that he's been posting rubbish on twitter during a match and he's understandable got abuse for it from a few people

Surely 'common sense' should involve not posting inane rubbish during a match, is it really difficult to implement a rule where players use common sense and are banned from using it during the 2 hours of which a match is on.

Guest Brian Butterfield

Morris is irrelavent as he looks like he will not figure in the team at all, also does act like William Large penis alot of the time on twitter, woolford seems to have to just slotted into that gaping hole that Lee Johnson left for people to whinge about. For no real reason as he seems an upstanding young man.

Mate I agree with you but I have to add this particular rider to that, you have to admit that Morris in particular actually gets off on the abuse, well thats what it looks like to me.

Yeah, he's that sort of bloke. Not going to deny that but there is no need for it. Especially when he hasn't hardly featured in this season. He's done nothing to deserve it

I don't agree with it, but Morris has been stringing this club along and taking it for all he can all season, to just sit on his backside and tweet about chelsea all day, its plain wrong, especially when he isn't even at games... the guy doesn't give a shit.

Morris was offered a contract and took it. Who offered to him?

Yeah, he's that sort of bloke. Not going to deny that but there is no need for it. Especially when he hasn't hardly featured in this season. He's done nothing to deserve it

Perhaps I should have also added, not only does it get off on it, I also believe that he knows exactly what he is doing, baiting the peasants, I wouldn't have to much sympathy for him to be honest, it's probably the highlight of his boring day.

Perhaps I should have also added, not only does it get off on it, I also believe that he knows exactly what he is doing, baiting the peasants, I wouldn't have to much sympathy for him to be honest, it's probably the highlight of his boring day.

Then City fans should know that and prevent embarrassment even more. Thing is, people are so peed off at the moment, I don't think they care ( quite clearly shows ) I totally understand their frustration but it should never get to this. It's disrespectful and embarrassing

Guest BcfcEddy96

Don't know if anybody saw the two women arguing at the top? Basically there was this blonde girl probably 16 years old who tweeted something along the lines of 'Our fans really annoy me sometimes why boo the players at half time it won't really inspire them' Now I have to admit I was booing a bit BUT having said that she makes a very valid point! Then another women in her 40s walked up to her and said "Don't you dare critisize our fans on twitter you ******* ****! How ******* dare you say anything like that you silly little ***." Well basically it went on for quite a while. Just one way abuse because of a difference in a opinions. Now I don't knoww about you but I purely thought the elder women was out of order and should just accept the opposite opinion not try to start a fight about it! It was cringy how we should be supporting the same team and our fans should unite and back the club not poin argue and FIGHT!

Then City fans should know that and prevent embarrassment even more. Thing is, people are so peed off at the moment, I don't think they care ( quite clearly shows ) I totally understand their frustration but it should never get to this. It's disrespectful and embarrassing

Yes it is on both sides and I would have thought given our dire position and the abuse getting out of hand it's just another distraction and another stick to beat DMC and the players with and perhaps, DMC should ban it until we are either safe or the end of the season, I was going to say or relegated but I would hope even Morris wouldn't be that stupid..............................................but as I say he knows exactly what he is doing of that there is no doubt and that is provocation.

We all know about McClueless, but the way Morris conducts himself on twitter is obviously pissing people off! it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise he got abit of a chip on his shoulder, which isn't great for dressing room harmony.

And having previously been his manager for some time who was best placed to judge his personality?

How do you know his personality? ever met him?

And don't say via Twitter as that tells you nothing.

This might help:-Morris has had a bad image over several legal and ethical issues. Chronologically, these include allegations that: he was one of a group of Chelsea players who drunkenly abused American tourists at Heathrow Airport within hours of the 9/11 attacks on New York City and the Pentagon;[19] that he was involved in a drunken brawl (in 2002);[20] that he was involved in a sexual assault (in 2003).[21][22] He was also arrested for drunk-driving on 1 November 2006, after driving the wrong way down a one-way street. Morris, who had one previous conviction for drunk-driving, was disqualified from driving for four years, given 80 hours community service and a two-year suspended jail sentence.[23]

This might help:-Morris has had a bad image over several legal and ethical issues. Chronologically, these include allegations that: he was one of a group of Chelsea players who drunkenly abused American tourists at Heathrow Airport within hours of the 9/11 attacks on New York City and the Pentagon;[19] that he was involved in a drunken brawl (in 2002);[20] that he was involved in a sexual assault (in 2003).[21][22] He was also arrested for drunk-driving on 1 November 2006, after driving the wrong way down a one-way street. Morris, who had one previous conviction for drunk-driving, was disqualified from driving for four years, given 80 hours community service and a two-year suspended jail sentence.[23]

Why are you using allegations with no charge against him?

Guest crusader

So you are happy with jody Morris this season then he's fully deserved his wages

If Jody's not selected that's not his fault. He has a contract and like you or I we would expect to be paid.

2 drink driving convictions doesn't tell you everything about a person.

You quoted allegations which says all about your agenda.

I haven't got an agenda, 2 drink driving convictions tells you more than enough :- drink problem, a selfish couldn't care less attitude, an obvious danger to the public, a repeat offender lucky not to be jailed.

I suggest it's you with the agenda defending drink drivers.

EMB's quote only mentioned charges for drink driving. Suggest you read it.

I've read it

Suggest you have a look at the other "allegations" of Morris and his behaviour, far too many to be all unfounded, ok he's not been charged or convicted by let's face it, no smoke with fire

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/fall-from-grace-jody-morris

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-131725/Footballer-struck-bouncer-bottle.html

Suppose you also think Joey Barton is misunderstood and that John Terry is actually a lovely bloke

I've read it

Suggest you have a look at the other "allegations" of Morris and his behaviour, far too many to be all unfounded, ok he's not been charged or convicted by let's face it, no smoke with fire

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/fall-from-grace-jody-morris

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-131725/Footballer-struck-bouncer-bottle.html

Suppose you also think Joey Barton is misunderstood and that John Terry is actually a lovely bloke

Maybe you'll get wrongly accused of something in the futute. You probably won't believe the pathetic 'no smoke without fire' quote then.

Unbelievable.

I don't understand your point. Yes, he's been caught doing that twice which is shameful. But the other things are just hearsay.

Here say? Or was arrested for charges & later had them dropped due to lack of evidence or proved not guilty in court or, CPS didn't end up prosecuting, settled out of court etc, there are many reasons people are not prosecuted, I should know.

Of course it could be that he was completely innocent, I don't know or particularly care.

What I do find amusing is the players infatuation with social media & their communication to fans through it, compare it with the managers lack of communication through the media which should be a prerequisite......

Maybe you'll get wrongly accused of something in the futute. You probably won't believe the pathetic 'no smoke without fire' quote then.

Unbelievable.

I don't understand your point. Yes, he's been caught doing that twice which is shameful. But the other things are just hearsay.

Unbelievable.

Wrong accused...comical

He's been charge on a number of occasions, which suggests significant evidence,

When there is CCTV footage of someone brawling in a club and then I'd suggest significant evidence.

Still this is a country where if you have the money and the lawyers you can skirt around the law as proven by many court cases around the county.

Comical

I'm sure any father who she says someone raped her, but the CPS don't feel they can get a conviction then will just dismiss it as hearsay

Note to mods - I'm being very careful what I say, don't want to get click or myself in trouble

Sourced - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/morris-rape-charge-dropped-7236304.html

If you want to believe hearsay and gossip then go ahead.

i'll tell you what then the assault he went to court for, so we can accept that although found not guilty he was there, he was charged with the alleged rape charges subsequently dropped but he was presumably there or the vacinity again and finally the allegation about drunkly insulting americans the day after 9/11 the club fined him so again he was there. Don't you think that is trouble following you around as opposed to hearsay and gossip?.

Guest Harry BCFC

Its free speech, let them chat crap about the team, but at the end of the day, they can say what they want, city isn't a bad team, we just need to adjust!

Anyone using Twitter can change settings so no one can post to their account unless they authorise them. If people do not, then they have to accept that their twitter feed is no different than chatting on the street/pub where others can talk to you/comment - Twitter offers you options that others would adore in the real world, to have your voice heard with no criticism - so to players (anyone) using twitter and not using the options available to them.... well it's your own fault.

Then there are the people who like to get morally outraged on others behalf and create threads like these - which ultimately are just as pointless - people have opinions, whether we like it or not, creating a thread because you don't like what others are saying is no different really, your trying to belittle them due to your self perceived thoughts and ethics - if you really wanted to be the bigger person.... why comment at all......... damn it, fallen into my own argument :icecream:

Don't know if anybody saw the two women arguing at the top? Basically there was this blonde girl probably 16 years old who tweeted something along the lines of 'Our fans really annoy me sometimes why boo the players at half time it won't really inspire them' Now I have to admit I was booing a bit BUT having said that she makes a very valid point! Then another women in her 40s walked up to her and said "Don't you dare critisize our fans on twitter you ******* ****! How ******* dare you say anything like that you silly little ***." Well basically it went on for quite a while. Just one way abuse because of a difference in a opinions. Now I don't knoww about you but I purely thought the elder women was out of order and should just accept the opposite opinion not try to start a fight about it! It was cringy how we should be supporting the same team and our fans should unite and back the club not poin argue and FIGHT!

So a 16 year old girl has a pop at people on a social medium that everyone can see, and then gets upset when confronted with her views...... did she think no one else can read what she wrote ? Saying things on twitter seems to make people feel brave (not having to face the person in real life) - makes me actually smile when they get to go face to face with the people they criticize. Would the fans sending tweets to Morris and Woolford say the same things to them on the street... probably....... would they care.... i doubt it.

Guest BcfcEddy96

I'm not going to lie I was sat quite near her too. She was behind and to the left about 3 seats. But I think Starting fights over an opinion is silly. Having said that most things people fight for is silly! I didn't hear her make any hypocrytical comments and I thought what the elder women did was extremely harsh. I did see the other two yes!

Wrong accused...comical

He's been charge on a number of occasions, which suggests significant evidence,

When there is CCTV footage of someone brawling in a club and then I'd suggest significant evidence.

Still this is a country where if you have the money and the lawyers you can skirt around the law as proven by many court cases around the county.

Comical

I'm sure any father who she says someone raped her, but the CPS don't feel they can get a conviction then will just dismiss it as hearsay

Note to mods - I'm being very careful what I say, don't want to get click or myself in trouble

Sourced - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/morris-rape-charge-dropped-7236304.html

To be fair, the article includes this:

The thorough police inquiry which began following the allegation being made and which has continued since the arrests, led to a request from West Yorkshire Police for further work by the Forensic Science Service

It has now completed this work and, as a result, submitted further evidence which undermines the prosecution case to the extent that there is no longer a realistic prospect of obtaining a conviction

I don't know the truth of what happened - and I doubt that any of us here do....

At the game today one of our fans was constantly complaining and some guy turns around and tells him to **** off home and then the guy try's and starts on him. We support the same team it's embarrasing our own fans trying to start fights with each other.

Get used to it. If our form does not improve markedly over the next few weeks and 'The protest group' start getting vociferous in the ground* , this sort of thing will become the norm.

* If they go.

Sadly Bristol does seem to breed a contingent of aggressive arrogant narcissists who think everyone else is here for them to abuse and bully.

A pernicious type who pursue and conduct their vile behaviour beyond football (families relationships marriage) whilst conveniently excusing their nastiness with the alibi of 'supporting' their team......

you sound an expert japeye

Nah.

He's just enjoying winding up a bunch of brain dead sheep on Twitter - it obviously isn't difficult for him. He's probably pissin himself at the response he's getting. Sad barstewards - them and him.

But some of the arseholes following him and other players just to slag them off need to get some help, they have social issues.

Isn't it easier not to read the rubbish he tweets ? Or better still, don't use Twitter ?

Or better still, don't use Twitter ?

Best advice yet!

The Cult Of Personality is a difficult thing to deal with unless you really do have a personality (that people love) or are bright enough to understand the pro's and cons (if you don't) of trying to develope a persona that people love ;)

Sadly Bristol does seem to breed a contingent of aggressive arrogant narcissists who think everyone else is here for them to abuse and bully.

A pernicious type who pursue and conduct their vile behaviour beyond football (families relationships marriage) whilst conveniently excusing their nastiness with the alibi of 'supporting' their team......

Hi Jody...you ate a dictionary or sumfink?

AT the end of the day its an opinion we don't all have to kiss up to the management and players, were forgetting this Is our club so if I want to have a go at them I will.

MOrris has just been a waste of wages, but I will continue to air these views until I see movement and change within my club. For The two ladies arguing I agree with the older lady reading this thread why shouldn't we criticise our poor performing team?

AT the end of the day its an opinion we don't all have to kiss up to the management and players, were forgetting this Is our club so if I want to have a go at them I will.

MOrris has just been a waste of wages, but I will continue to air these views until I see movement and change within my club. For The two ladies arguing I agree with the older lady reading this thread why shouldn't we criticise our poor performing team?

There's criticising and then there's damn right abusing.

Who has been abusing cause I not seen any of this.....

Have a look on twitter or read my original post. Not to mention there has been plenty more abuse on twitter before, to Woolford especially. Simply no need

So we do know quite a bit about his personality and we know that trouble has followed him around.

The abuse he gave American tourist after 9/11 was true so I don't really understand you point Red Dave . Morris in the past have been trouble and have acted like a pillock.

WOolford I agree but morris has done nothing but spout about chelsea but he just blocks people for having an opinion

What do you want him to tweet about? The wurzels and cider!! If you were born in London and was Chelsea through and through like you are with City, would you suddenly change just because you play for a different club? Bollocks would you

What do you want him to tweet about? The wurzels and cider!! If you were born in London and was Chelsea through and through like you are with City, would you suddenly change just because you play for a different club? Bollocks would you

Yep, it must be hard not being anywhere near good enough to play for Chelsea and having to earn you living playing for a club like Bristol City FC.

Has he no pride?

Yep, it must be hard not being anywhere near good enough to play for Chelsea and having to earn you living playing for a club like Bristol City FC.

Has he no pride?

During games he often tweets stuff like ' come on lads ' or WHEN we go behind ' F sake ' etc. You can't say he's not interested

Archived