IGNORED

Bcfc Fm 2013

sglosbcfc

As another disappointing season unfolds I am going to escape to the virtual world of FM 2013. I haven't had a version since FM 2009, is there anything to stop me taking over City and Man City and then signing Woolford for Man City for 50M giving me a budget to win the Championship? I know it is bending the rules but I want to celebrate some City wins even if they are 'virtual'.

As another disappointing season unfolds I am going to escape to the virtual world of FM 2013. I haven't had a version since FM 2009, is there anything to stop me taking over City and Man City and then signing Woolford for Man City for 50M giving me a budget to win the Championship? I know it is bending the rules but I want to celebrate some City wins even if they are 'virtual'.

Can do that yes...or just go on the editor (comes with game) and give yourself a budget of your choice.

Got promoted in my first season. Then 14th in first prem, not started 3rd yet. good luck

Can do that yes...or just go on the editor (comes with game) and give yourself a budget of your choice.

Got promoted in my first season. Then 14th in first prem, not started 3rd yet. good luck

Thanks, I didn't realise I could that. I've played the game in various versions for years and years and I've never bent the rules before, but I am desperate for City victories even if they are virtual so I am going to try this.

Does giving yourself a massive budget mean that the fans, Chairman etc demand promotion?

Thanks, I didn't realise I could that. I've played the game in various versions for years and years and I've never bent the rules before, but I am desperate for City victories even if they are virtual so I am going to try this.

Does giving yourself a massive budget mean that the fans, Chairman etc demand promotion?

Nope. Though with a 1 billion transfer budget and failing to go up...time to never go on it again.

Nope. Though with a 1 billion transfer budget and failing to go up...time to never go on it again.

Yeah with a billion pounds behind him I think that Mark McGhee may have even got Rovers to the League Two Play Offs....ok out of the bottom two at least.

I started playing about a week ago and already i've just hit about 26 games into season, i'm City and top of the league, 3 points clear of Derby i think.

Signed Pires (not quite sure why) Grosso and Rudd on loan from Norwich and thats it. Grosso is a great left back, but besides that i play 4-4-2 with Heaton, Wilson, Carey, Fontaine, Grosso...Albert Skuse Elliott, Pearson...Stead... Baldock

Fontaine was on fire at start of season, he scored 4 in 12 games!

Stead is top scorer with about 12 or 13

Baldock has 11 goals in 14 games & Pearson seems to score quite a few!

I started playing about a week ago and already i've just hit about 26 games into season, i'm City and top of the league, 3 points clear of Derby i think.

Signed Pires (not quite sure why) Grosso and Rudd on loan from Norwich and thats it. Grosso is a great left back, but besides that i play 4-4-2 with Heaton, Wilson, Carey, Fontaine, Grosso...Albert Skuse Elliott, Pearson...Stead... Baldock

Fontaine was on fire at start of season, he scored 4 in 12 games!

Stead is top scorer with about 12 or 13

Baldock has 11 goals in 14 games & Pearson seems to score quite a few!

oh why can't that be reality, top of the league and three points clear of Derby, I would take that now.

By Rudd do you mean Ruddy? We had him on loan back in 2007.

oh why can't that be reality, top of the league and three points clear of Derby, I would take that now.

By Rudd do you mean Ruddy? We had him on loan back in 2007.

No i mean Declan Rudd, he's quite a young keeper, he's played a few games for them this season in the prem i think. I only signed him as back up because i sold Deano to blackpool

I've played with City on the classic version which is good fun. The full version is far too time consuming! Plus I had a troll of an assistant manager who every time suggested something (like ask a player to play in a new position or something) would then upset the player and effect his form dramatically and the team would suffer. I think he wanted me sacked and then take my job! Managing a B -team is good fun, I'm running Barcelona B and even though you can't get promoted, you have a very decent squad of youngsters and a stress-free job.

FM2013 has become my life since Christmas and I have just started my 4th season after winning the Play-Offs in the Championship in first season, then finishing 13th and 7th. I really don't see the value of giving yourself a 50M head start as you can go up without having all that money!

I played a 4-3-3 and had Kilkenney as Advanced Playmaker as his passing and creativity is very good for the Championship, for reasons best known to FM. I played Davies AML as an inside forward and he scored 8, assisted 16. Adomah as AMR as 'winger' and he scores about 10 and lays on a few. Both are quick and particularly useful away from home.

I rotated Stead and Baldock as lone striker but if you can get Baldcok into form he is immense; he scored in 14 games in a row for me which pretty much got me promoted. Cunningham is still starting for me in the Prem in a side that finished 7th last year and is worth holding on to. Skuse, Elliott and Fonts are all great players to have and good enough squadies/first team players in the Prem.

It is a great game and if you put the preperation in, you'll get the results. Use 'Talk to team' if you are struggling but be wary of doing it too often. I found you can get rid of Gherkin for 800k at the start which gives enough money to play around with.

I'd highly recommend utilising the loan market and especially Aston Villa - you can get Herd and Lichaj on loan and even Bannan if he's not in the team - very good Championship signings.

Good luck!

when you get city up go for Ademilson and Felipe Anderson for ST and AMC respectively

both have 5m release clauses, and will join city in prem, and both are worth about 20m in my 5th season now

--------------Ademilson-----------------

Nangis-----F.Anderson---Bittencourt

---------------------------------------------

------------Xhaka--Crisetig--------------

Haidara-Wootton--Zouma----Vandam

----------------Butland--------------------

Baldock, Adomah, Fontaine (ahem) and Cunningham were the city players who lasted in the squad longest. Bar Lewis Carey who is still my 3rd choice keeper (awful but counts as homegrown)

the problem i have now, is my team is full of players ive never heard of (and im pretty sure dont exist) that are all incredible youngsters from argentina/chile places like that, can get them for less than a million each and after a season most are top prem players, takes soem of the reality out of the game.

Guest poland_red

after years of resisting falling back to my FM ways, downloaded it the other day in a bid to get shot of the hangover. several sleepless nights later and I'm back in the claws of full addiction. Not with city though - went for them originally and got sacked by christmas even though i was doing better than Del :/

I play football manager 2013 handheld on android, brilliant game and can sell any player for 150 mil using a little trick currently in 5th season and won all trophies available at club level. [bristol city ]

What little trick is this then? I play handheld on the iPhone, interested to see if it works on this!

There is a great cheat to get 150million from every player sale.

When you get an offer, bump up the figure to 150 million then do this in the precise order.

Hit the home button top right corner. Hit it again (now it looks like a mail symbol) Click Respond again. Hit the home button once more. Then hit back. (takes you back to the offer screen) Then hit confirm.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Do this and the offer will go through and you will get 150 million for the player.

This works on the handheld version

Archived