IGNORED

Want Out

newarkred

I'd rather sell our best players, get a nice sum of money and really re-build from top to bottom.. not to mention selling our shit players who are ruining this football club

So who would we be left with?!

Baldock, Davies, Cunningham, Anderson, Heaton and Adomah are sold and we force Tangs, Wilson, Elliot, Morris and Killa out. The mediocre/standard players left are: Gerken, Foster, Edwards, Bryan, Woolford, Reid, Skuse, Pearson, Taylor, Stead and Pitman.

Assuming Carey's retired and we don't sign any loans/ short term contracts. God knows where to put Fontaine, so I've left him out. Guessing Stead and Pitman also go, that leaves us with eight/nine 'first teamers' and the development squad!!

Baldock, Davies, Cunningham, Anderson, Heaton and Adomah are sold and we force Tangs, Wilson, Elliot, Morris and Killa out. The mediocre/standard players left are: Gerken, Foster, Edwards, Bryan, Woolford, Reid, Skuse, Pearson, Taylor, Stead and Pitman.

Assuming Carey's retired and we don't sign any loans/ short term contracts. God knows where to put Fontaine, so I've left him out. Guessing Stead and Pitman also go, that leaves us with eight/nine 'first teamers' and the development squad!!

This is why if we do get relegated, we wont be coming back up in a hurry, let me tell you. league 1 is a tough league to get out of, as we already know.

If we do get relegated which players do you think would want to leave and not stay and help get us back. I know we would want to get rid of some but there would be some that would jump ship

Do you really believe that any of our better players would want to stay under McInnes management. I would guess anyone of them with anything about them would want out having had first hand experience of how bad a manager Del is.

Pitman's gone, as of yesterday. Skuse is about to go; Stead won't stay.

As for Edwards, Bryan, Reid, Woolie, Pearson, Taylor - all plenty good enough for L1, if that's where we end up.

I'm more concerned about the other list - the ones we need to 'push' out.

I think a realistic team for next year should we get relegated would be

Gerken

Foster

Carey/J. Wilson

Nyatanga/new CB

Cunningham

Anderson

Skuse

Pearson/Kilkenny

Woolford

Taylor

Baldock

I have a feeling Baldock and Cunningham would stay. Maybe because they're young and tied down to longish contracts. All of those players are good enough for league 1, but whether we would get promoted straight away or not I don't know. Heaton would be off as he's out of contract and wouldn't want to sign another. Adomah and Davies would get snapped up and I don't think we would be able to afford to keep Stead in league 1.

I also think Fontaine would be bought by a championship club, as despite his woeful form this season, he is definitely good enough for this league.

I think a realistic team for next year should we get relegated would be

Gerken

Foster

Carey/J. Wilson

Nyatanga/new CB

Cunningham

Anderson

Skuse

Pearson/Kilkenny

Woolford

Taylor

Baldock

I have a feeling Baldock and Cunningham would stay. Maybe because they're young and tied down to longish contracts. All of those players are good enough for league 1, but whether we would get promoted straight away or not I don't know. Heaton would be off as he's out of contract and wouldn't want to sign another. Adomah and Davies would get snapped up and I don't think we would be able to afford to keep Stead in league 1.

I also think Fontaine would be bought by a championship club, as despite his woeful form this season, he is definitely good enough for this league.

Maybe we should hang fire on shifting dead wood then, because we may need them in league 1... and to be fair, although they are dead wood in the Championship, that doesn't mean to day they can't do well in league 1... tough dilemma!

If we relegated (and quite possibly even if we are not) every player will want out BUT those that have contracts that no-one else will match will find themselves unable to leave.

No one likes playing for an unsuccessful team despised by its own supporters or for a manager who likes to indulge in ritual public humiliation.

Archived