IGNORED

Fans Views - Ins & Outs

Fuber

Just trying to gauge fellow reds views in the current playing squad and what realistically transfer targets we'd like to see the club try and bring in. For example my ideals would be the following:

Outs:

Mark Wilson (Contract Expiry) - After the seemingly great performances of the mans in pre-season, Wilson's form has been non-existent at the least, being kept out of the side mostly by Foster so far this season, and with capable backup in the form of Joe Edwards, returning on loan from Yeovil, and even having Skuse as a possible backup, I can't see the point of retaining the former-Celtic full back.

Lewis Nyatanga (Fee, maybe in region of 200-300k) - Lewin came to City from Derby quite a few years ago now, and has always been seen as maybe a rotation or backup player. But if the man can't break into a side which has seen a woefully out of form Fontaine included, then we may as well sign a tall, ball-winning centre half from league 1 or 2 on a lesser wage at the minimum.

Albert Adomah (Fee, region of 1.5 - 3m) - Albert is one of if not the only success from Coppells time at the club, being bought in from Barnet on a Compensation fee in the region of 100-150k. and defensively, the lad does have his faults, such as tracking back not as often as he maybe should, or making runs when Foster is running towards him. But for me, we have become too dependant on the man, and the money we could get from this transfer could prove better spent on stregthening e squad as a whole. Plus his contract expire next season and don't think we'll want another Maynard situation, although this will have to be done in the summer due to the ACON, perhaps if we can arrange an End of Season transfer, we can use installment payments on other deals.

Marin Elliott (Fee, maybe in region of 150-250k) - Another player that came to City a number of years ago, almost 6 infact, is Marv' who has been a good servant to the club during his time here; but for me, the thought of him commanding a decent wage being handed the 3 and a half year contract under Millen, and his lack of fitness which doesn't appear to be from the lack of wanting, it may be time to ship Marv' out.

Neil Kilkenny (Fee, maybe in region of 300-500k) - Again, another player that came to City from a fellow npC outfit in the 'mighty' Leeds Utd, and has had a fairly torrid time here for a number reasons, including failing in holding down a consistent place in the team, probably being retained on a decent pay, and when on the pitch he tends to shout his mouth off quite a bit.... and we were warned about him by Leeds Fans... just saying.

Jody Morris (Release/Termination of contract) - A player, who since arriving with Delboy from the Saints, has done so little he almost escaped me until I though, whose that idiotic city player who spend more time on twitter rather than trying to train and get into the first team? Says it all really, I'd rather save his wages on a decent CM that puts the effort in.

Players In (General Types of players we need):

Reda Johnson - DC - Sheffield Wednesday (Fee, region of 250-400k)

// A player who came to prominence like one Yannick Bolasie former of us who came from Plymuff. A no nonsense, tall, ball winning centre half who I used to watch occasionally, when visiting friends of the family down in Devon. - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxkZI-eRnE

Marlon Pack - MC - Cheltenham Town (Fee, region of 250-350k)

// Fellow Robins fans (Cheltenham mind u) have been fairly suprised they've held onto the lad this long, and is a decent, hard working, passer of the ball and a decent set piece taker and despite del saying previously they had looked at him, he should be worth a second glance. - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WqtpZTnQmoY

Are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head atm that could be realistic, maybe a loan deal from a prem club, maybe not.

Other targets could include:

Eddie Oshodi (FGR)

David Worrall (Bury)

Hernan Perez (Villarreal) (Loan)

Ryan Cresswell (Southend)

I you can help yourselves try and give honest answers, just trying to get a view of what type of players people want to see del bring in, and who they should replace.

Am i the only one who hasn't been impressed with Bates so far?

No,i've been distinctly underwhelmed with what i've seen of him so far. Interested to read that he thinks that he is still only about 80% fit, Presumably, the remaining 20% is where he keeps his best stuff - hopefully, this includes being able to defend balls from set pieces, and looking like he gives a f$ck!

Out

Tangs

Fonts

Ins

Bates extension

McManus extension

Yeates

Wellens

Would be harsh to get rid of fonts imo. He's had an awful season but is definitely good enough for this level. And even of we did decide to get rid now, his value is at rock-bottom at the moment due to his poor form, so we'd surely wait until at least the summer?

Lewin Nyatanga Loan till end of season, release then

Matthew Bates Release

Mark Wilson Release

Cole Skuse Sell for £150k if he refuses to sign contract extension

Albert Adomah Doubt anyone will buy him until the summer as may miss Jan with African Cup Of Time Wasting

John Stead Loan then release or sell for nominal fee as out of contract too

Jody Morris - Cant see anyone taking him or us paying up his contract.

Amdi-Holloway - Loan then release

Id not renew McMcanus loan either.

No-one is likely to take Kilkenny, Elliott or Woolford unfortunately. Id happily ditch all three.

Interestingly we have 10 Out of contract at the end of season. Personally of those I would only keep Skuse & Gherkin, maybe Heaton. Havent seen enough of Carey (GK) or Edwards to make a decision on them.

Would be harsh to get rid of fonts imo. He's had an awful season but is definitely good enough for this level. And even of we did decide to get rid now, his value is at rock-bottom at the moment due to his poor form, so we'd surely wait until at least the summer?

Don't see what future he has with us tbh.....his confidence is clearly shot, and he isn't going to magically turn it around this season.

Unless we send him on loan to get some form and take hi back after......but I honestly cannot see him getting any better anytime soon, not with us anyway.

Like my thread we should come in for nicky bailey, his contract is up in the summer and with boro not wanting to offer a new contract to him they wana cash in before he goes on a free this will mean we could get him at a cheaper rate then he is actually worth ! he wants regular football and wants out of boro to ! we should deffanitly be considering this guy! he is a very good realistic target for this club and if we want to progress we should be getting him in !

Like my thread we should come in for nicky bailey, his contract is up in the summer and with boro not wanting to offer a new contract to him they wana cash in before he goes on a free this will mean we could get him at a cheaper rate then he is actually worth ! he wants regular football and wants out of boro to ! we should deffanitly be considering this guy! he is a very good realistic target for this club and if we want to progress we should be getting him in !
Have you watched him out of interest?

haha yes anyone who can actually keep possesion of a football

no I'd have anybody at the moment as they'd probbily show a lot more passion then that lot,

Granted we were decent against peterborough but still concided 2 sloppy goals (I can forgive cunningham for his mistake),

But the first half against Millwall is what we are use to this season, I only want players who will fight tooth and nail for the shirt, none of those on my list appear to be doing that, well maybe skuse

I was gonna say, be lucky to get £100k for them combined considering their wages.

I'd strongly doubt we'd even get that.

These posts that talk about transfer activity in the window seem to exist in some fantasy world.

Now Pitman has gone I'd doubt we'd get money for anyone we want to move on and probably only Albert would attract interest of those we don't.

We have Bates and Mark Wilson out of contract this month plus McManus and the invisible man (Danny Wilson) whose loans expire.

At present I'd be inclined to part with all four and try to get 2 CBs in.

Mark Wilson, James Wilson, Tangs, Killkenny, Elliot, Pearson and Woolford I would happily see leave, i would only retain McManus and Bates until the end of the season if nothing else became available.

Ins

DANNS and players of similar quality in the obvious positions and to replace anyone that may leave

no I'd have anybody at the moment as they'd probbily show a lot more passion then that lot,

Granted we were decent against peterborough but still concided 2 sloppy goals (I can forgive cunningham for his mistake),

But the first half against Millwall is what we are use to this season, I only want players who will fight tooth and nail for the shirt, none of those on my list appear to be doing that, well maybe skuse

Don't think you can accuse Marv of lack of passion. Obviously he's not as effective as in previous years but at least he gives it his best.

Out: tangs, m. Wilson, Kilkenny, woolford, Fontaine, Elliot, stead.

Ins: cannot really say but would like.... Danns, Craig Dawson (loan or perm), defensive midfielder but have no idea who, resign bates, new right back.

Also would like us to make use of some youth occasionally rather than dipping into the market. We have some good talent, just need to give them time and opportunity

Potential Outs (contracts out 2013) - pitman (gone) stead, holloway, M Wilson, nyatanga, louis carey, l carey (gkp), heaton, gerken, morris, j edwards, skuse, elliot, mcmanus, bates

From the above im guessing 5 players will be here next season.

this window however >> Bates (non renewal) - Edwards (on loan) - M Wilson (non renewal)

Archived