IGNORED

Your Perfect Bristol City Fc?.

BCAGFC

Following on from Dave L's thread, what would your perfect Bristol City FC look like?.

Would you be happy with L1/L2 football if all other aspects were right?.

How much would you pay players?.

What would your ideal ground look like?.

Who would make up your Board of Directors to run the club?.

Where would you get the money from?.

Who would you have as manager?.

BCAGFC

My perfect BC

Championship football

Mid table with close connections to the play offs

A wage cap of 10k

Playing AG

Lansdown as the figure head of the board

Players who I can really relate to, have a special connection with fans give their all 100%

And my wish one day for neil warnock to be manager, he has a soft spot for us you know!!

And in all honesty those dreams arn't THAT far away.. apart from the last one

Champions league, cheap club travel to the likes of the San Siro and the Bernabau.

A youth team producing Engand stars.

A top class stadium. With a home end like Dortmunds

Realistically....

A youth team providing players.

Affordable tickets so the ground is packed.

Travel schemes

Supporter representation on the board

Champions league, cheap club travel to the likes of the San Siro and the Bernabau.

A youth team producing Engand stars.

A top class stadium. With a home end like Dortmunds

Realistically....

A youth team providing players.

Affordable tickets so the ground is packed.

Travel schemes

Supporter representation on the board

Actually I think most of us would be happy to have a manager you can relate to.

When you think of Gary Johnson you think of those clenched fists in the air walking off after a victory, he was very media friendly & every time he was on the TV or radio it was putting our club positively in the spotlight.

Part of being a manager is being accessible and media friendly whether you like it or not, which is why Keith Millen will only ever be a coach or No.2 in many peoples eyes because he couldn't handle that side of the game .

I sense that it's a part of the job that DMC is uneasy with. It is a shame really, as if he showed even a little bit of passion publicly, a clenched fist, taking time to acknowledge fans a little more etc. etc. The fans would relate to him more.

After all, the club keeps saying that we are in this together,

well. . .

show us . .

show us you care. .

show us you care as passionately about this club as we do . .

and maybe then we can all start pulling together.

It's up to you.

C'mon Del, you can do it

Actually I think most of us would be happy to have a manager you can relate to.

When you think of Gary Johnson you think of those clenched fists in the air walking off after a victory, he was very media friendly & every time he was on the TV or radio it was putting our club positively in the spotlight.

Part of being a manager is being accessible and media friendly whether you like it or not, which is why Keith Millen will only ever be a coach or No.2 in many peoples eyes because he couldn't handle that side of the game .

I sense that it's a part of the job that DMC is uneasy with. It is a shame really, as if he showed even a little bit of passion publicly, a clenched fist, taking time to acknowledge fans a little more etc. etc. The fans would relate to him more.

After all, the club keeps saying that we are in this together,

well. . .

show us . .

show us you care. .

show us you care as passionately about this club as we do . .

and maybe then we can all start pulling together.

It's up to you.

C'mon Del, you can do it

Swede, good post but it's the pantomime season

Oh no he can't

Following on from Dave L's thread, what would your perfect Bristol City FC look like?.

Would you be happy with L1/L2 football if all other aspects were right?. Ideally flirting with Europe but championship or above for me

How much would you pay players?. As long as it is sustainable long term, correct clauses for relegation etc then who cares.

What would your ideal ground look like?. A corporate stand, a fat off terrace like the south stand a dortmund and 2 other stands for families etc

Who would make up your Board of Directors to run the club?. Del boy is managing, uncle Albert on the wing, Boycie gone to the channel Islands so rodney must head up the board with his GCE's

Where would you get the money from?. Have you put full stops after the question marks?

Who would you have as manager?. Del boy...my ideal city after all and i want him to succeed

BCAGFC

a yoyo club between prem and championship

an appearance in an FA cup final that will give us a run out in the europa league

50% of our squad made up of local players who support the club

a redeveloped Ashton Gate, making the Dolman and Williams 3 tiered stands and the Atyeo as a 2 tiered stand then keeping the eastend exactly as it is but adding a bar in there.

the club to be financially self sufficient, no need for a billionaire to put money in all the time. it would be good if the people of Bristol got behind the club. i work with more Bristolians who support Liverpool than a Bristol team, and they even rip the p155 out of me for it.

an independant travel club similar to what Leeds have. They organise their own travel to games and end up stopping the coaches in pubs beofre the destination.

my perfect manager would be someone who has been at the club a while but not jumped into the role too soon (would have loved Tinman to have succeeded, but he was given the job way too early)

Stoke City!! the benchmark for any unfashionable club wishing to succeed. Yes moving to the Britannia obviously helped them, but i would not suggest they are any bigger a club than us.

However they have now built a fantastic squad and are fast becoming my guilty pleasure in the Premier League as i always find myself compelled to watch their games on tv. Fantastic fans and atmosphere they generate as well, i genuinly believe they have the best match day atmosphere anywhere in England.

Realistically though, as already mentioned, i would love city to be a strong mid table side flirting with the play offs, with a blend of exciting attacking players and strong leaders on the pitch. I sit on the fence in regards to the stadium issue, my head says moving to Ashton Vale has to happen to secure the long term future of the club, but my heart wishes to stay at a redeveloped Ashton Gate.

The truth is we may not be a million miles off this at the moment, but Derek needs to start getting it right soon and this is an important month for him in the transfer market

Closer links between the club and the fans.

Community events/training sessions for local schoolkids etc.

A Nicky Hammond/Dan Ashworth-esque Director of Football ensuring there's a strategy in place in terms of continuity and footbaling philosophy

A reputation for attractive football.

Being a mid-table Championship club that's content to slowly build and improve rather than the excess spend/cut finanaces to clear excess debt/excess spend/cut finances to clear excess debt approach.

An academy that produces young players to come into the team and ultimately be sold to raise funds for the future.

Archived