IGNORED

Lansdown's Out - Sack The Board

Bowie

Jesus, are you unable to use your imagination?, and what are you Bowies lap dog today? I asked what he would do, so go back to those decisions and present and alternative, it don't even have to be done better! I just would like to know.

Sorry you will have to explain yourself (without editing your post when you realise how contradictory you sound or abusing the poster)........ Imagination ?

Also Im sure Bowie can look after himself but you seem rather defensive, do you have problems expressing an opinion without abuse Ted...............you dont mind me calling you Ted do you ?

Oh right hes not a idiot anymore!!!!!!!!!!........................stand by your convictions if you want to be taken seriously., I stand by that, I changed it because I didn't want this to turn into personal insults time.

I said he was stupid, not a idiot, get the facts right, and I stand by that, I just didn't want to turn this into personal insults time so i changed it.

And Truebrit66, you really are a d1ckhead

Jesus, are you unable to use your imagination?, and what are you Bowies lap dog today? I asked what he would do, so go back to those decisions and present and alternative, it don't even have to be done better! I just would like to know.

Edward, try and be a little less abusive.

I said he was stupid, not a idiot, get the facts right, and I stand by that, I just didn't want to turn this into personal insults time so i changed it.

No you said Idiot so Ted you are also a liar and a hypocrite as you then go on to call me a willy head.

Ted I will indulge in your fantasy and say if I was a multi millionaire I would buy BCFC and then get us too the prem followed by Champions League Football I would then invest the rest of my millions in finding the loch ness monster and arrange for a band of fairies to keep you wake every night by playing rave music in your garden.

Sleep tight tuppence, keep a eye out for the fairies x

Too much manager/club bashing on here - I fcuking hate the rovers but the endless despair on here only reminds me of how fickle we are as City fans. Either you believe in Lansdown & the club or not - there aren't any Sheik's or Oiigarchs waiting to buy BCFC (and it's massive debt). It must be awful to be a Pompey Fan, I for one do not want that to happen to our club. Keep Lansdown, forget administration because there ain't no 'Ashton Gate 8' in the current squad!

Del's the manager, he picks the team, they run about & try to play football - all the club asks is that you support them, they don't force you!

Get a grip people

And yet you STILL haven't made a single counter point to my views, I've said what and where he's gone wrong and alternatives he should have done. Many others have made same points, , all you've done is reduce this post to one where your insulting people,

Come back with a decent counter view of why I'm wrong and what positives SL has brought to the club. Gary Johnson and wreckless spending....what else.

There's no alternative as far as I can see.

I would add, we moaned when the. Club wouldn't spend the cash, now it has that's wrong too?

The guy can't win, but the debt is uncomfortable.

I believe history shows as a club we have achieved more when we have spent less. The minute we splash the cash we crash and burn.

I believe history shows as a club we have achieved more when we have spent less. The minute we splash the cash we crash and burn.

It's past that though, we HAVE splashed the cash, and that 40 mil ain't gonna dissapear!

I'd be happy if they just played youth, but fact is we have to spend survive

Fans backed his decisions.....all of them really?

Happy with him sacking Wilson and going cheap and appointing Tinnion - fail

appointing another cheap option in Millen? - fail

McInnes instead of someone with experience - failing. 3 simple failings

Getting the club £40m in debt and in a position where the club doesn't own it's biggest asset - fail

When one man owns the club pretty much wholly, who can really question why he does things. That's why the club is in the mess.

Why has he never appointed someone at the top with real footy knowledge to help him

Though obviously your happy with the state the club is in.

There is no doubt that there have been some poor/questionable management decisions made at all levels of the club over the last several years. Promotion and a play-off in the first season back in the championship really only served to paper over the cracks. Still I am sure SL did what he did for the right reasons he(often after taking 'expert' advice) did what he thought was right for the club.

Unfortunately football at our club has been based on a system of BS, where the players are paid a kings ransom, and are expert in art of deception ('we're all gutted, all the lads are genuine boys, etc. etc.). Until we sort this out we will fail.

I thought Del would address this but after a year we still don't seem to have many decent footballers on the books, certainly not enough for a five a side game. And when the manager constantly changes the teams and formation, one that that doesn't include the best striker, for yet another losing formula, "Eureka" we cry, "they must all be clueless wasters". Or, more probably, playing/managing at a level or three above their natural one.

I keep hearing people moan about the debt, can you imagine the moaning in the summer had Lansdown turned round and said, sorry fans - no signings this summer, we are in big debt, make do.

The guy can't win, damned you do and damned if you don't.

To be totally honest. I'm sick to death of the way this club is going down the pan.

40m+ in debt

Back to Back £10m+ losses

Manager who is simply incompetent in my eyes and hasn't been allowed to rebuild entire coaching staff with little improvement

Board who continue to back this man

Owner who has allowed his son to effectively run the club, despite little football or business experience much like a real life Football Manafer

Chairman who is simply mute

A new stadium plan which has been mismanaged from the start with no end in sight

Possibly the most unprofessional squad of players we've ever had

Which has resulted in a significant amount of our fan bases to be totally disillusioned with the team and club

The blame must fall on the head of the owner. Steve Lansdown

There is no doubt that he means well however...He's the reason we are in a mess on and off the field.

Personally, I'd rather see the club go into administration, rebuild and be in league 2 with the gas at Ashton Gate, than have to put up with yet another terrible management choice from Lansdown and Son. He's the reason the club is in a mess massive debts, losses getting worse each season.

He means well, but its got to the point that the club is dying off the field, with managerial appointment killing it on the pitch. Bad decision after bad decision.

My view. Steve. THANK YOU for your efforts but feel free to cease funding the club and enjoy your retirement in Guernsey.

I'd rather the Adminstrators come in and clear out the garbage from the club, fail to pay players wages in time, clear out the faceless board, I'd rather see us rebuild with the youth team in league 2 ala 1982 than trust anyone in the Channel Islands or on this board make another major decision for this club.

Rebuild from the bottom, get people into the club who care and get players with some fight on the pitch.

I'm sure i'll get a battering for this, but this is MY view.

McINNES & LANSDOWN'S OUT

Spot on 100per cent agree, F--- all you happy clappers enjoy your slid down the league with god and his puppets pi--ing in the wind

I keep hearing people moan about the debt, can you imagine the moaning in the summer had Lansdown turned round and said, sorry fans - no signings this summer, we are in big debt, make do.

The guy can't win, damned you do and damned if you don't.

People wouldn't have been happy, No

However fans would then have a realistic exepectation of what to expect over the next 12 months, as it stands the club gave it the big talk about how we are going to make a big push again, the normal BS to sell season tickets, then when it came to improving the squad we are left with 3 money signings, only one of which can get in the team on a regular basis, one of which was unneccesary......plus a few of Del's mates signing on as squad players despite not being good enough for this level.

To be totally honest. I'm sick to death of the way this club is going down the pan.

40m+ in debt

Manager who is simply incompetent in my eyes and hasn't been allowed to rebuild entire coaching staff with little improvement

Owner who has allowed his son to effectively run the club, despite little football or business experience much like a real life Football Manafer

A new stadium plan which has been mismanaged from the start with no end in sight

Which has resulted in a significant amount of our fan bases to be totally disillusioned with the team and club

There is no doubt that he means well however...He's the reason we are in a mess on and off the field.

Personally, I'd rather see the club go into administration, rebuild and be in league 2 with the gas at Ashton Gate, than have to put up with yet another terrible management choice from Lansdown and Son. He's the reason the club is in a mess massive debts, losses getting worse each season.

He means well, but its got to the point that the club is dying off the field, with managerial appointment killing it on the pitch. Bad decision after bad decision.

My view. Steve. THANK YOU for your efforts but feel free to cease funding the club and enjoy your retirement in Guernsey.

I'd rather the Adminstrators come in and clear out the garbage from the club, fail to pay players wages in time, clear out the faceless board, I'd rather see us rebuild with the youth team in league 2 ala 1982 than trust anyone in the Channel Islands or on this board make another major decision for this club.

Rebuild from the bottom, get people into the club who care and get players with some fight on the pitch.

McINNES & LANSDOWN'S OUT

A couple wins and you will feel ok ;)

• SC&T Board Members

Too much manager/club bashing on here - I fcuking hate the rovers but the endless despair on here only reminds me of how fickle we are as City fans. Either you believe in Lansdown & the club or not - there aren't any Sheik's or Oiigarchs waiting to buy BCFC (and it's massive debt). It must be awful to be a Pompey Fan, I for one do not want that to happen to our club. Keep Lansdown, forget administration because there ain't no 'Ashton Gate 8' in the current squad!

Del's the manager, he picks the team, they run about & try to play football - all the club asks is that you support them, they don't force you!

Get a grip people

Why must it be awful to be a Pompey fan? I'd have thought it was very exciting right now.

You can slate Lansdown all youwant, but all the highs and lows we have had in the last 10-15 years have been bankrolled by him. We would be just like the blue few without him around, skint and ******. He has certainly made a number of mistakes from Tinman on, and I bet he regrets them more than the fans do.But do we reallywant the alternative?

Seriously do you really wanna be an underresourced club full of journeymen like Brentford, Torquay, Exter, Warsaw etc etc?

Lansdown really needs to take control again, his appointees are clearly inadequate to carry their duties out. Starting with the failure McInnes

40m+ in debt

McINNES & LANSDOWN'S OUT

Agree with most of this, I feel sorry for McInnes though, I felt sorry for Millen and I'll feel sorry for the next poor sap who manages the club as well... seems any manager who comes in is on a hiding to nothing! People can say yes ''but he's bailed us out with loads of money but the cheap optons/quick fix are killing the club, not McInnes, not KM.

I'm not sure what people want. There is hardly a queue of people outside Ashton Gate waiting to purchase the club - and why, unless you had an affinity with the club would anyone want to?

Why? Because who wants to buy a club and have their first task pay off the owner the previous £40m of debt he carelessly built up, not too mention a squad of players the majority of which, care more about the next beer up than the next game.

Why? Because who wants to buy a club and have their first task pay off the owner the previous £40m of debt he carelessly built up, not too mention a squad of players the majority of which, care more about the next beer up than the next game.

Exactly, and when you consider there are so many clubs making massive profits these days, it's an absolute disgrace.

You can slate Lansdown all youwant, but all the highs and lows we have had in the last 10-15 years have been bankrolled by him. We would be just like the blue few without him around, skint and ******. He has certainly made a number of mistakes from Tinman on, and I bet he regrets them more than the fans do.But do we reallywant the alternative?

Seriously do you really wanna be an underresourced club full of journeymen like Brentford, Torquay, Exter, Warsaw etc etc?

Lansdown really needs to take control again, his appointees are clearly inadequate to carry their duties out. Starting with the failure McInnes

Hi Bucks, the worrying thing for me is that they are "his appointees" board, manager and players, all of which would of had to been run by him first.

OK DM aint going well atm but there was a selection process that got him here in the first place the same one that will get the next manager.

Confidence is shot on the pitch and on the terraces, but I think the only choice is to dig in and go with what we have, the alternatives would cost mega bucks and going by our record would be likely to be repeated again in a year or so anyway.

I don't know where SL can go from here but I think we're crying out for a genuine "football person" on the board. The current board, well we don't know who they are or what they do but judging by the finances and the teams performance and the general running of the club, they appear to be out of their depth. If SL still has the desire to make this club one worthy of challenging for promotion rather than fighting relegation, he has to sit down and come up with a brand new plan and pretty much start from scratch with the people at the club from top to bottom. The question is, does he have this challenge in him?

Isn't it funny how all of the highs have been forgotten when we go through a bad patch. In fact it wasn't that long ago fans were talking about a statue of him outside of the new ground and calling it the "Lansdown Arena". Fickle bunch some of you.

It would be interesting to see the original "McInnes has signed thread", as I'm pretty sure their would be a few red faces on here. I'd say that over 60 maybe 70%+ wanted McInnes in, so what is the problem? Most people were happy with the signing so it looks as though we've all made a mistake, eh.

Personally I've never understood the signing of a manager who has very little management experience, in a foreign league (a rubbish league at that), and had no experience in the league he was trying to get us out of. He had no actual idea on the standard of player that would excel in this league, as he had no experience of it. It's simply mental. That said, most of us wanted him and he has failed.

How can SL be at fault for this? As you've said, SL hasn't got any football experience, so he has to trust the manager on his judgement of players. SL has never failed to back the manager!! SL has provided the cash ALWAYS. SL cannot be blamed for any of this mess. Maybe he has made a bad choice in this appointment, but, it was a manager that we all wanted in too. We were all singing his praises for bringing in "an young up and coming manager" and threads were started left right and centre when West Brom were looking for a replacement for Roy Hodgson stating "hands off McInnes". Oh how everyone has now changed their tune. Let's face it, WE, not just Lansdown, were all wrong. But most of the ego maniacs on here can't admit they to were wrong and are now looking for the nearest scape goat they can find. Steve Landsdown.

People also seem to forget that this man was behind the signing of "Gary Johnson". Remember him? You know the guy that got us within one game, and a wonder strike from the Premier League. Who signed him? That's right, Steve Lansdown, and I don't hear people moaning about that, even when some fans were saying he was a "conference Manager".

To round it off, we've made a bad appointment, it happen's, it's football. Not every decision you make is going to be a good one, but that's the game, but the game is also about money and stability and this is something you can control. That is something that he has bought to this club. You can never tell if an appointment is going to fit or work, but by God Steve has always given 110% and gone above and beyond his chairman / ownership duties. He isn't even in it for a quick buck, he genuinely love this club.

To round it off, its not whats happened, but what he does now. What he does now is the key factor. Whatever happens, all I can do is praise Steve Lansdown for what he has done for this football club and what he will continue to do for it.

Isn't it funny how all of the highs have been forgotten when we go through a bad patch. In fact it wasn't that long ago fans were talking about a statue of him outside of the new ground and calling it the "Lansdown Arena". Fickle bunch some of you.

It would be interesting to see the original "McInnes has signed thread", as I'm pretty sure their would be a few red faces on here. I'd say that over 60 maybe 70%+ wanted McInnes in, so what is the problem? Most people were happy with the signing so it looks as though we've all made a mistake, eh.

Personally I've never understood the signing of a manager who has very little management experience, in a foreign league (a rubbish league at that), and had no experience in the league he was trying to get us out of. He had no actual idea on the standard of player that would excel in this league, as he had no experience of it. It's simply mental. That said, most of us wanted him and he has failed.

How can SL be at fault for this? As you've said, SL hasn't got any football experience, so he has to trust the manager on his judgement of players. SL has never failed to back the manager!! SL has provided the cash ALWAYS. SL cannot be blamed for any of this mess. Maybe he has made a bad choice in this appointment, but, it was a manager that we all wanted in too. We were all singing his praises for bringing in "an young up and coming manager" and threads were started left right and centre when West Brom were looking for a replacement for Roy Hodgson stating "hands off McInnes". Oh how everyone has now changed their tune. Let's face it, WE, not just Lansdown, were all wrong. But most of the ego maniacs on here can't admit they to were wrong and are now looking for the nearest scape goat they can find. Steve Landsdown.

People also seem to forget that this man was behind the signing of "Gary Johnson". Remember him? You know the guy that got us within one game, and a wonder strike from the Premier League. Who signed him? That's right, Steve Lansdown, and I don't hear people moaning about that, even when some fans were saying he was a "conference Manager".

To round it off, we've made a bad appointment, it happen's, it's football. Not every decision you make is going to be a good one, but that's the game, but the game is also about money and stability and this is something you can control. That is something that he has bought to this club. You can never tell if an appointment is going to fit or work, but by God Steve has always given 110% and gone above and beyond his chairman / ownership duties. He isn't even in it for a quick buck, he genuinely love this club.

To round it off, its not whats happened, but what he does now. What he does now is the key factor. Whatever happens, all I can do is praise Steve Lansdown for what he has done for this football club and what he will continue to do for it.

I'd don't know about "everyone" else but my view at the time was why an unproven manager? The likes of Dave Jones among others were available, proven managers at this level and there was a number of postings wanting them, until it was confirmed the club were stuck between Robins/McInnes at which point people choose between the 2.

Recall at the time of appointment twentyman was flooded with calls asking "who's the bloke from Scotland" and cheap option....

People praise Lansdown but as i mentioned elsewhere what are these 'great' things he's done, appointing GJ turned out great and Gary got us up on a budget, but apart from that Lansdown's just thrown wreckless amounts of money at the club in loans, building up £40m of debt.

What else.......

Excellent post.

This thread is headed Lansdowns out and sack the board.

This new board have indeed proved incompetent, and some new faces there would be a good idea, with some football people replacing those who know nothing about the game.

However, as you say, S.L. has done a great deal for this club.

He has said all along that if somebody came to him wanting to buy him out, and he was convinced the intentions were good, he would stand aside. I for one believe him.

That said, most clubs being bought out now involve foreign investors.

I would not want to swap our position with S.L. in charge for those at Blackburn, Forest and now Leeds. These clubs are owned by people with no affinity to the club at all, and see running the club as just a way to make money, and push their family name around the world.

Great post Tim, seems as though some people have very, very short memorys.

If everyone prefers we can sell our sole to the highest bidder, some eastern european company or maybe chinese buisnessman, FFS without Steve Lansdown and more importantly his funding of the club where would we be?

We are a mediocre lower end championship club with gates of 12k we canot compete with the likes of Leicester, wolves etc spending big time and consistantly getting 20k gates.

So who do we turn to? yep youve guessed it SL, if he read some of the comments on here then my god, i hope hes thick skinned or ignores some of the silly comments people are making -get a grip people.

Mirroring what Badger has said SL loves this club as we all do and he is here for a while yet, the new stadium is dependant on his funding.

im guessing Steve Lansdown will be here for a few more years yet and i am also claiming that Del Boy will be as well, if we go down which is more than likely at this moment in time then i beleive the club has resided to the fact and Mr Mciness will be in charge, clearing out the deadwood and dross and starting a total rebuild from leauge 1 (just a hunch i have)

Excellent post.

This thread is headed Lansdowns out and sack the board.

This new board have indeed proved incompetent, and some new faces there would be a good idea, with some football people replacing those who know nothing about the game.

However, as you say, S.L. has done a great deal for this club.

He has said all along that if somebody came to him wanting to buy him out, and he was convinced the intentions were good, he would stand aside. I for one believe him.

That said, most clubs being bought out now involve foreign investors.

I would not want to swap our position with S.L. in charge for those at Blackburn, Forest and now Leeds. These clubs are owned by people with no affinity to the club at all, and see running the club as just a way to make money, and push their family name around the world.

So he's appointed poor managers and now poor people onto the board who decide on managers and you feel the man doing this appointing is not to blame?

Interesting concept.

You say alot of,clubs have foreign owners, that is mainly big clubs with history, fallen giants that's not us and we are unlikely to ever be on anyone's radar for billion pound buy outs.

I'd rather be skint & struggling with people working 110% for the club in league 1 or 2 than some of the dross currently employed by the club on and off the field

Archived