IGNORED

Mason Bennett

Ciderstreet

As with Hughes also at Derby and other young players we come up against, they appear to have the stature and matureity of a young man.

Our 16 and 17 years olds actually look like young kids, it's just the mindset unfortunately that runs through this club from top to bottom and i can't see it changing for a long time.

Clough has track record of playing kids, done a fantastic job their considering their financial situation.

True enough, Clough has done a great job of scouring the lower leagues and utilising a superb academy.

In the last year Will Hughes has come through and is linked with the biggest clubs in the world and this lad Bennett has everything to go a long way. Pace, power and a finish.

I'm assuming that Derby's academy has had some serious investment over the last decade?

As with Hughes also at Derby and other young players we come up against, they appear to have the stature and matureity of a young man.

Our 16 and 17 years olds actually look like young kids, it's just the mindset unfortunately that runs through this club from top to bottom and i can't see it changing for a long time.

Agree....you just got to watch James Wilson to see this.

Boy playing a mans game. Another product from our academy not good enough or this level

the only reason hes one of the 'most highly rated young players in the country' is because his club are giving him a chance at that level. if we gave ours a chance on a regular basis they may prove themselves to be gems and their value would rocket

Well that's drivel, frankly. He's highly rated because he's good. Regardless of whether he plays right now or not. It just so happens he is already good enough to be around the fringes.

Nothing we have comes close. Our youth players won't suddenly become good just because they get games, that's ridiculous logic.

Archived