IGNORED

Wolves New Boss...

And Its Smith

Dean Saunders.

I know Doncaster are second in their league but still a strange appointment for a 'big' club like Wolves.

O'Driscoll has turned down Barnsley as well for those that don't know

Agree.

Very surprising appointed considering they got it horribly wrong with Solbakken. I have never been a fan of McCarthy, but they should never have got rid of him.

Saunders did well at Wrexham, and he is doing well now, now the agent and his players have been booted out of Donnie.

I don't think it is that strange an appointment. When given the reigns completely, he has done well.

How underwhelmed the Wolverhampton fans must be feeling.

I know they put four past us, but I personally believe they were one of the, if not, the worst team at Ashton Gate this season.

Whilst I appreciate they are NINE points ahead, he was unable to keep Doncaster in the Championship last season, and if the "quick fix" doesn't happen immediately, we could see Wolves tumble into the relegation battle.

I'm pretty certain we'd all feel pretty underwhelmed if Dean Saunders were appointed as a replacement for Mr McInnes,

I accept there are a few IF's in this post but;

Change for changes sake isn't always the answer.

I know it's pretty grim at the moment, but we have to support what we have.

Saunders did a great job at Wrexham, and had an impossible job at Doncaster last season, but has really turned them round. I think it's an excellent appointment and he will do a very good job. I expect he will show consistency and not continually tinker with personnel and formations.....

How underwhelmed the Wolverhampton fans must be feeling.

I know they put four past us, but I personally believe they were one of the, if not, the worst team at Ashton Gate this season.

Whilst I appreciate they are NINE points ahead, he was unable to keep Doncaster in the Championship last season, and if the "quick fix" doesn't happen immediately, we could see Wolves tumble into the relegation battle.

I'm pretty certain we'd all feel pretty underwhelmed if Dean Saunders were appointed as a replacement for Mr McInnes,

I accept there are a few IF's in this post but;

Change for changes sake isn't always the answer.

I know it's pretty grim at the moment, but we have to support what we have.

He had little say in who he put on the pitch last season. The whole club was run by a agent.

Now he is in charge, complete difference.

fans wont go muppet just the moaners on here...about 100 of you we might get fed up but will stick with it nomatter what

Bloody hell mate, don't bury your head in the sand.

1. Look at our past, when doing poorly, the fans go.

2. look at our average attendances over the past 5 season's, then look at your post.

Just imagine if we sacked Del and the board opted for Dean Saunders?

Would that be any better? Pushed out of Wrexham, Relegated with Doncaster... I would be furious if that happened to us. Not sure how Wolves fans, who think they should be challenging for promotion, feel about this.

I heard the backroom staff at Wolves have all worked with Saunders at previous clubs so if true this appointment makes sense.

I wouldn't be to pleased with this if i was a Wolves fan he hasn't got a very good cv so i can see them struggling down at the bottom with us.

I have a feeling that this appointment is good news for us.

Saunders did a great job at Wrexham

He did well when he first came in and had built a decent team a couple of seasons later just before he left but the time in between was pretty dire and they were scrapping towards the bottom of the BSP. He had his hands tied somewhat by the financial constraints and ongoing takeover business but performances were still disappointing for most of his reign. He was lucky to keep hold of his job for a fair bit of his reign and I don't think many Wrexham fans were devastated when he left.

If his time at Wrexham is viewed positively then it's an argument for sticking with McInnes because City fans would definitely have wanted Saunders sacked one year into his tenure (as many Wrexham fans did.)

Archived