IGNORED

Wasted Money

Langford Red

Even though Sproule nearly helped us into the Premiership?

I agree about Clarkson though - what on earth did they see in him? From the moment he arrived, no one appeared to know what his position was.

When he arrived I can remember Gary Johnson saying he was the ideal sort of player to play just behind the front 2 in a 3 – 5 – 2 (or 3 – 4 – 1 -2) formation. Unfortunately Johnson hardly ever used that style of play.

I can also remember him saying that Clarkson was “not a naturally fit sort of player”. A very strange thing to say about someone you’ve just signed.

I heard an interview with gould and he talked about super bobs transfer. Their board were prepared to go to about a mil. A hell of alot back then for a 2nd div player but they were desperate for him. Gould tells board a mil should do it and he will ring our chairman as he knows him. As a joke Gould offers 300k when discussing potential fee in a light hearted way. And we said yeah that will do. Gould couldnt believe his luck understandably.

It always seems that we go along the lines of the best offer is the first offer when selling yet when we buy we get hung out to dry.

Thank you. You've ruined my day. :noexp:

Interest free loans, you really believe that?

Someone will correct me on this figure, but I believe the money is repayed at 2% interest

I believe it's a percent or two above base rate, and that's pretty normal for director loans.

In the past the loans haven't actually been repaid, just accrued interest. Then periodically SL has exchanged the debt for loan stock, which converts into shares if not repaid. This means effectively the money is never repaid but his shareholding increases compared with other shareholders.

Archived