IGNORED

Just Read Todays Interview With Mccinnes

Fiale

We are in talks for some both pernament and loanees - but the worrying thing is, what if these players do not want to stay on here on loan -

Contracts / loans ending in January - Stephen McManus (January 17th) and Danny Wilson (22nd), as well as two players with short-term contracts, Mark Wilson (13th) and Matthew Bates (16th).

Whilst we can debate the quality, they are all our first/sub teams defensive players. We could say that is one reason we are struggling, we in effect do not have our own defence, but are relying on 4 players who's future does not lie here. If we do not retain them, we will have Edwards, Nyatanga, Bryan, Amadi-Holloway and Carey pretty much the only other options to partner Fontaine/Cunningham/Foster - it does not exactly fill you with confidence.

If Edwards / Nyatanga / Bryan are good enough we need to question all the loanees - if they are not then maybe time for them to move on - if they can not get into a side losing pretty much week in week out and conceding at least 2 goals a game - when will they be deemed good enough ?

It really does show how little strength we have in defence, not a great position for Del to be in, but you could also argue it was upto him to sort this out (we have all known we had not been good enough at the back for the last 3 years, and that Carey - capt, leader, loud mouth, organiser - was on his last season or two).

We really need to get this sorted, it's been going on for to long and if it need money to get a capt figure who can organise the back four and provide a solid foundation then we can start to build something - at the moment, it's looking very bleak.

Having to score 2 goals just to draw a game (like we have to at the moment) is criminal.

McManus & Bates have both be captains at previous club and look anything but leaders here.

Both of them would be released at end of contracts, same with Mark Wilson and the waste of a loan signing Danny Wilson (never given a chance)

I think you're forgetting James Wilson, who I rate very highly. Also, Holloway is more of a striker, and in any case is nowhere near the first team. But I still take your point. I would like us to extend McManus' loan (with the hope of us signing him on a free in the summer) and give Bates a contract till the end of the season and take it from there. I keep seeing people moan about D. Wilson's loan, but he got injured pretty soon after he arrived and hasn't yet recovered. How is that Del's fault? M. Wilson on the other hand is absolutely terrible, and I will be glad to see the back of him come January the 13th.

keep bates till end of season, be rid of mcmanus, old slow and not good enough for the wages he demands, buy a younger and better centre back for the long term, be rid of mark wilson and nyatanga and i would like to see us sell fontaine. Its the perfect opportunity to completely reset our defence and start afresh.

Do you not remember Louis Carey playing when he was James Wilson's age? He was a liability

I say give the guy a break

James Wilson is 23. Louis was an established centre half in a league one promotion side by the age of 20 and considered a senior squad member by 23.

Archived