IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Big Red Rich

Considering Del knew nothing about him, I would not be comfortable with him signing a player he admitted to knowing nothing about. I could be wrong, but from what I have seen Pack doesn't look like the answer to our midfield problems.

i'd rather he signed a player he knew nothing about then a play who he's been watching for ages..

Ah, the forums obsession with Pack.

Ask any Cheltenham fan and they will tell you he is not Championship standard.

Mmmm...not the ones I know and who I just spent the evening with. Nor the many I was stood around tonight.

Penn would get into our current midfield.

Penn is certainly better than Pack

Ha ha, Penn better than Pack. I don't think so boys.

For the record, I was at the game tonight and from what I saw Pack played a decent game up against Fellaini, who is a player in excellent form in the Prem.

The problem Pack has at Cheltenham in games such as this is that they don't keep the ball well enough and use his ability enough. Pack put in a good shift, made plenty of tackles, used the ball well when he got it (yes there were a couple of stray passes), and kept a decent check on Fellaini, making sure he was always sat just in front of him and Jelavic, allowing his centre half to make a challenge and Pack could pick up the 2nd ball. In all Chelts were somewhat unlucky to concede 5 and had a fair portion of the chances in the game. Pack played his part in shielding the back four as well as showing some decent quality on the ball. He played a very disciplined role and didn't venture forward as much as he normally would as he was assigned the job of looking after the big man.

There is no-one else in the Chelts team who wants to keep hold of the ball and play football. Pack is the only one who passes the ball - he is wasted there in all honesty.

As for Russell Penn - he got MOM tonight and it was obvious why. He runs around a lot, closes down a lot and makes a huge amount of effort. At that level that sort of effort will always mask your deficiencies. Penn has absolutely no quality on the ball. He is a terrier off it, runs around a hell of a lot, but give him the ball under pressure and he'll lose it. Ask him to make a slide rule pass through the defence and he will lose it. He's a good league 2 player, lots of energy and hustle bustle, but please don't tell me you think he is a better player than Pack - I'm not having that!

Is Pack the answer to our midfield problems? No he isn't the answer to all of our problems.

Is he better than what we have at the moment? In my opinion Yes.

Dont forget pack is only what, 21? Compare him to skuse at that age. Ok skuse didnt play league 2 but i cant remember skuse ever having a major affect on games at that age. Ok hed get the odd mom for putting in a good shift but from what ive been told of pack, he affects most games he plays in and keeps them ticking. Lets be honest, the best our midfield has been this yr is just to be there to make up the numbers.

Mmmm...not the ones I know and who I just spent the evening with. Nor the many I was stood around tonight.

For the record, I was at the game tonight and from what I saw Pack played a decent game up against Fellaini, who is a player in excellent form in the Prem.

The problem Pack has at Cheltenham in games such as this is that they don't keep the ball well enough and use his ability enough. Pack put in a good shift, made plenty of tackles, used the ball well when he got it (yes there were a couple of stray passes), and kept a decent check on Fellaini, making sure he was always sat just in front of him and Jelavic, allowing his centre half to make a challenge and Pack could pick up the 2nd ball. In all Chelts were somewhat unlucky to concede 5 and had a fair portion of the chances in the game. Pack played his part in shielding the back four as well as showing some decent quality on the ball. He played a very disciplined role and didn't venture forward as much as he normally would as he was assigned the job of looking after the big man.

There is no-one else in the Chelts team who wants to keep hold of the ball and play football. Pack is the only one who passes the ball - he is wasted there in all honesty.

As for Russell Penn - he got MOM tonight and it was obvious why. He runs around a lot, closes down a lot and makes a huge amount of effort. At that level that sort of effort will always mask your deficiencies. Penn has absolutely no quality on the ball. He is a terrier off it, runs around a hell of a lot, but give him the ball under pressure and he'll lose it. Ask him to make a slide rule pass through the defence and he will lose it. He's a good league 2 player, lots of energy and hustle bustle, but please don't tell me you think he is a better player than Pack - I'm not having that!

Is Pack the answer to our midfield problems? No he isn't the answer to all of our problems.

From what I saw on tv I'd probably agree with that, it's difficult to try and watch 1 player on tv, but from watching him he looks a decent player, did a very respectable job against on if the best midfielders in the country. He put himself about well and actually looks as if he can pick a pass, ad has a bloody long throw to boot.

He's young and looks as if he could improve.

Would I sign him now? Probably not as although he looks to me as if he's got potential to be the player Elliot was when he first came, but with Cheltenham where they are they'd probably be asking for more money than we should be risking on a player who may not work out.

He should have been picked up 18 months ago when we could probably hve got him for 200k at very most, and if it doesn't work we loose out on very little and can make most of it back, now with their position in the league I'd guess curly would want at least 400-500 k And if that doesn't work out we will loose most of that.

he wouldn't improve our side and probbily be behind skuse pearson and elliot going on last night performance,

We need experance not young at hungry we need a workhorse nasty shaun derry type player who will protect the back four

Hard to judge him against one of the form teams in the country!

I didn't actually say Penn was better than Pack, but based on what I saw last night Penn was deserving of his mom and actually put in effort and tracked back ah tracked back is that a new fangled philosophy midfielders tracking back.

Pack was ok and did put in a decent shift, on that although fleeting snapshot I don't think a relegation battle would be ideal for him.

Edit:- and the Swindon article to describe LJ and Killkenny, i'd like to see more of him.

Just read this, was shocked to see such a likeness between this article and Harry's posts earlier in the season about Skuse, only to see that Harry rates this guy.....

Mental.

Archived