IGNORED

Atyeo Gates

Fiale

DL true to his words in listening and trying to get changes going.

Supporters' feedback to be actioned.

With effect from this Saturday’s game against Leicester City, the gates to the Atyeo Stand car park will no longer be closed before home games.
The opening of the gates will allow supporters to use the Atyeo car park as a walk through to the other sections of the ground, as well as greet the players on arrival at the stadium.
Supporter Liaison David Lloyd commented: “We have been listening to our supporters who have been asking for some time for the gates to be opened.
“There will be more changes in the weeks to come as we continue to consult our fans.”
The gates have been closed before matches since 2009, a move brought in by former boss Gary Johnson who had been concerned players were arriving late to the stadium.
However, Lloyd added: “As we look to bring the whole club closer together, this is an ideal opportunity to make our players as accessible as possible, both before and after the game.”

Lets just hope that Watford have changed their coach driver for when they come back, it could be a bloodbath!

hahaha,

It must be hard to be DL being the voice and face of the faceless can't knock him for effort really but we need to hear more voices from people higher up in the club

Surprised to read this. I understood that the reason the gate remained closed until the away team coach was parked up, was as a direct result of an accident at Coventry involving the Arsenal team coach which resulted in the death of a car park steward;

http://www.arseweb.com/98-99/reports/311098.html

And yes you may joke about the driver of the Watford team bus, but if someone had got trapped between the coach and the car which was hit, it would have resulted in a serious injury at least.

Closed back when fans saw players as inspirational and wanted to meet them to get autographs opened now that no one wants their autograph. Or if the problem was just wanting to walk through and not wanting to walk an extra 50 - 100 meters then we really have problems with some fans.

• Admin

For someone who usually stays in a bar until the last possible moment before kick off, how long were the gates closed before?

Was it until the opposition had arrived ?

Thought it interesting that, at the Liberty Stadium the opposition team coach drives into the ground before the team get off

• Admin

Surprised to read this. I understood that the reason the gate remained closed until the away team coach was parked up, was as a direct result of an accident at Coventry involving the Arsenal team coach which resulted in the death of a car park steward;

And yes you may joke about the driver of the Watford team bus, but if someone had got trapped between the coach and the car which was hit, it would have resulted in a serious injury at least.

That was in 1998, surely did not take that long to get the gates closed?

Can remember dodging coaches arriving, one of the fun ones was when Rovers visited and a number of people tried to board the moving bus

That was in 1998, surely did not take that long to get the gates closed?

Can remember dodging coaches arriving, one of the fun ones was when Rovers visited and a number of people tried to board the moving bus

Yes it happened in 1998 but I think it eventually led to a recommendation from the H&SE

I don't believe a thing I read on the arseweb

Archived