IGNORED

Leeds Away

Alex_BCFC

Haha! £34+ travel costs!

I feel sorry for the suckers who waste their money on this game!

Not really sure you should be calling our hard core away supporters "suckers" I shan't be going but calling a fellow BCFC supporter names just isn't on pal.

Not really sure you should be calling our hard core away supporters "suckers" I shan't be going but calling a fellow BCFC supporter names just isn't on pal.

My Apologies. I hope they have a great time at Leeds! ;)

Hi.

Some of you may recall me from previous encounters. No axe to grind etc etc.

Some may even recall me mentioning last season that you were the last set of away fans to be housed in the South East Corner. That cost you £26.

Away fans were then relocated to the West.

The next visitors were Portsmouth who were deemed to be Category A and were charged £36. You're a B so £34 which is exactly what everyone else in the West Stand is charged. Actually you get concessions whereas Leeds fans don't in that or the central three blocks of the East Stand opposite.

When we first met a couple of years ago you got part of the South Stand as well (you brought 2,200), and this limited the number of 'cheaper' seats available to home fans. So the club freed those areas up by adapting the run down end of the West for away fans. End result? We don't fill the South and away fans get shafted.

It truly is abysmal but typical of the stewardship of our depressing, small time leadership.

I always laugh at people who say that ER and the city of Leeds is 'unpleasant'. I guess it's something away fans HAVE to do. There is never any trouble especially with a team like City (unless a few idiots get out of hand). The city itself is as fine to you lot as yours is to ours. I've loved my visits to Ashton Gate this past three seasons, regardless of the results (which help!).

The programme is a decent read for home fans, but yes, as with all things Bates, overpriced.

I don't ask for sympathy, but you have to pay this once a season. We're miffed that we have to pay Cat B prices for this game. Not much point in having a Cat C if this isn't one! And we're Cat A away, which meant £40 at Ipswich last year. I mean, come on!!! Blackburn & Bolton were £32 this season.

And to the poster before me, you brought less than 500 last season even at the cheaper prices. First season novelty worn off, crap form etc etc.

Football is ludicrously expensive on the whole. But you knew that, I suspect!

Great post SR1 :clap:

Good to see a Leeds fan who can form sentences as I'm afraid a great many of your fans are complete tossers! ;)

£34 is steep, but I'm sure QPR set tickets for away fans at £40+ the last season they were in the second tier, and of course Arsenal are charging Man City £62. Football has gone completely bonkers.

The funny thing is that when I do long distance games the ticket price is irrelevant pretty much. I'll always stay away and make a night of it (some great pubs in Bristol) so all in all don't see much change from £250. You could have charged me £40 and I'd still have gone. As I might have to at Ipswich.

But that's not really the point for many is it? Much as I simply don't give enough of a toss about he wreckage of my club to travel there and back in a day it's the principle.

Oh, and the stewarding. I warned you two seasons ago and a fair few shrugged it off in advance. More fool them. I've never been an away fan at ER, obviously, but the things I've heard have been pretty horrendous. It seems to have toned down a bit in the home stands after the Trust took the initiative with our CEO, but even so you get the feeling that they like confrontation.

I wonder what our football grounds would be like if those who set the prices, procure the shitty food and employ the stewards actually had to experience the fruit of their 'labour'.

Archived