IGNORED

Derek And His Family

rockinredrobin

I posted about 2 months ago asking if Derek had moved his family down from Scotland

I had many responses telling me he had , how was this relevant and finally they were settled in Portishead

I have just watched the Supporters meeting footage and Derek states clearly in answer to a question that for reasons he wouldnt go into ,that his family have not moved down

So much for the responses i got but on a serious note thisnis bad forna number of reasons -if it is personal how can he function at his best ?

I know if i had a highly pressurised job i would want tombe around my Wife and kids

But also if its not personal then is it a sign of his commitment and the fear that he might lose his job

Ultimately if he has lost the players as it tends to look of late its hardly surprising as he's got seceral players who have longer contracts than he does so they wont care if he gets the sack!

Thoughts ?

Shocking if true.

Have we not learnt anything from the Wilson debacle?

Fine, if DMC was the Championhsip's equivalent to SAF and we had to offer a package that was not possible for him to turn down.

He's not and I'm beginning to lose faith/hope in this Club.

He did say if

He said "if - as it tends to look of late."

But it's the sort of nonsense that some folk on here will take up and run with, to the point of no return.

Thought I'd try to nip it in the bud before it got rolling!

not nonsense at all.. if their not trying then there's a motivation problem therefore not playing for the manager

It's not motivation that's the problem either. It's a combination of a lack of quality and confidence at an all-time low.

That doesn't mean the manager has lost the dressing room.

Lack of confidence often gets misconstrued as lack of effort. Come on people, thought this was an intelligent forum!

I think that's the first time I've ever agreed with you Sir. Spot on.

Confidence and Quality is the problem. Not motivation or a lost dressing room.

Nah... it doesn't take confidence to run around, close down or tackle.

Confidence is more about control, passing and shooting.

I've come to the conclusion most of our players care more about their 4x4's and professional footballers lifestyle than playing for OUR club.

Anyway - apologies to the original poster, it's gone slightly off topic.

For me - I couldn't care less about Del's family life. He's here to do a job and if he feels he can work under his current circumstance then that's his call. Who are we to debate his family life. We debate football, not personal lives.

Harry yes i guess having seen every home game this season i am suggesting he might have lost the players To your point on we just have poor players i wouldnt disagree but at the last home game 8 of the 11 starters were Dereks signings so if the players arent good enough hes brought them to the club! Having watched the supporters mtg video the conclusion to draw was that he was well cheesed off getting tough questioning from Ian Gay (of 20man phone in fame) and lots of talk about money being an obstacle to getting the right players in I am not Derek bashing i am trying to get an insight as to whats going on behind the scenes Frankly after Wolves i thought we would get relegated - then Steve Lansdowns speech at the Peterboro game was like a shot in the arm After that he can hardly sit on his hands - i came away thinking he either has to spend more money in January or sack Derek to try to rescue the situation Finally though if todays news on Felzcher , Wootton etc are an indication of the quality we might add in January then we will get relegated I worry for Derek because i can see us struggling to pick up many points when i look at Januarys fixtures Indeed a hammering on Saturday might well be the end

I posted about 2 months ago asking if Derek had moved his family down from Scotland

I had many responses telling me he had , how was this relevant and finally they were settled in Portishead

I have just watched the Supporters meeting footage and Derek states clearly in answer to a question that for reasons he wouldnt go into ,that his family have not moved down

So much for the responses i got but on a serious note thisnis bad forna number of reasons -if it is personal how can he function at his best ?

I know if i had a highly pressurised job i would want tombe around my Wife and kids

But also if its not personal then is it a sign of his commitment and the fear that he might lose his job

Ultimately if he has lost the players as it tends to look of late its hardly surprising as he's got seceral players who have longer contracts than he does so they wont care if he gets the sack!

Thoughts ?

Well, if he's not moved his family down here then that is VERY concerning,

Surely someone at the club should have taken note of this.

He was quoted recently as saying that, he's in this job for the long haul and want's to build something, well....quite clearly that's horse shit, because if he's decided again moving his family down here, then he's never going to fully settle into the area or the club.

We had these problems over the years will Danny Wilson where he spent half his time at the other end of the country and likewise Hartley would spend as much time in scotland as possible, until he quit the club.

This does raise serious questions for me over his commitment to the job.

Well, if he's not moved his family down here then that is VERY concerning,

Surely someone at the club should have taken note of this.

He was quoted recently as saying that, he's in this job for the long haul and want's to build something, well....quite clearly that's horse shit, because if he's decided again moving his family down here, then he's never going to fully settle into the area or the club.

We had these problems over the years will Danny Wilson where he spent half his time at the other end of the country and likewise Hartley would spend as much time in scotland as possible, until he quit the club.

This does raise serious questions for me over his commitment to the job.

Well we're making progress, Coppell couldn't even be arsed to turn up for a couple of months, let alone move here before he disappeared.

Seriously though - do we not insist I this sort of thing??? I mean this isn't some minimum wage gig, it's a highly paid professional job where total commitment and presence should be a given.

Archived