IGNORED

Managerial Merry Go Round In Lancashire?

cheshire_red

Blackburn Rovers have approached Blackpool manager Michael Appleton to become their new manager as they bid to put a halt to their recent run of good form.

Blackburns owners are believed to be eager to appoint a new manager after the club edged precariously towards the play-off places under the stewardship of caretaker boss Gary Bowyer.

Blackpool have confirmed that they have been approached by Blackburn for permission to speak to Appleton, whose record of 15 wins in 63 games has impressed the clubs hierarchy.

Michaels record speaks for itself, said Rovers global advisor Shebby Singh.

We wanted someone with experience, and his track record of standing forlornly on the touchline and looking pained in post-match interviews is second to none.

We are confident that he is the man to take the club in the direction we want.

Blackburn manager

Rovers fans have revealed they are delighted with the prospect of Appleton taking up the reins as they look for the club to appoint someone they can verbally abuse week in, week out.

Its not been the same since Steve Kean left, said season ticket holder Gary Davies.

I work all week and all I want to do on a Saturday is unleash a tirade of angry red-faced vitriol.

Pointing at the dugout and singing You seem to know what youre doing doesnt really provide the hate-fuelled experience that Ive grown accustomed to.

I just want the ignominy days back :)

Blackburn Rovers have approached Blackpool manager Michael Appleton to become their new manager as they bid to put a halt to their recent run of good form.

Blackburns owners are believed to be eager to appoint a new manager after the club edged precariously towards the play-off places under the stewardship of caretaker boss Gary Bowyer.

Blackpool have confirmed that they have been approached by Blackburn for permission to speak to Appleton, whose record of 15 wins in 63 games has impressed the clubs hierarchy.

Michaels record speaks for itself, said Rovers global advisor Shebby Singh.

We wanted someone with experience, and his track record of standing forlornly on the touchline and looking pained in post-match interviews is second to none.

We are confident that he is the man to take the club in the direction we want.

Blackburn manager

Rovers fans have revealed they are delighted with the prospect of Appleton taking up the reins as they look for the club to appoint someone they can verbally abuse week in, week out.

Its not been the same since Steve Kean left, said season ticket holder Gary Davies.

I work all week and all I want to do on a Saturday is unleash a tirade of angry red-faced vitriol.

Pointing at the dugout and singing You seem to know what youre doing doesnt really provide the hate-fuelled experience that Ive grown accustomed to.

I just want the ignominy days back :)

Very good :D

It says a lot about Mr Appleton that just a couple of months into a new job he already says he wants to leave. He better do a damn fine job at Blackburn because I'm not sure chairmen will trust him again.

Personally I'm not sure he is that good. I've listened to lots of his post match interviews and he seems full of excuses or blame elsewhere.

Archived