IGNORED

Pollrumptious Daffock

Aizoon

Indeed, im now remembering the Blackadder II episode with Dr Johnsons dictionary...quality!

Yes, that's what made me think of Dr. J.

I'm half glad I didn't dream it. On the one hand, I'm not cracking up; on the other hand, my imagination's not that good ;)

It's well worth looking up "pollrumptious daffock" on the Net...

Ha - just read that, ******* brilliant, funniest thing I read on here in a long, long time

Harry doesn't have post some sense, love reading his assessments on players - but I'm hoping to see the funny side of him more often, because that was class!

Nick J must still be looking up what it means as he's not retaliated. I'm not sure how you retaliate to being called a Pollrumptious Daffock though.....

Yes, that's what made me think of Dr. J.

I'm half glad I didn't dream it. On the one hand, I'm not cracking up; on the other hand, my imagination's not that good ;)

It's well worth looking up "pollrumptious daffock" on the Net...

Having done that im now fully armed with some historical insults....will have to see what reaction i get for calling the Mrs a Drazil-Drozzle later on!

I'm still laughing about that!! Absolutely brilliant!

How do you come back from that?

I guess you could counter that your accuser was a Trubagully – a short, dirty, ragged fellow, accustomed to perform the most menial offices (Somerset).

Another Georgian insult sourced from here: http://georgianbawdyhouse.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/you-sir-are-a-pollrumptious-daffock/

I guess you could counter that your accuser was a Trubagully – a short, dirty, ragged fellow, accustomed to perform the most menial offices (Somerset).

Another Georgian insult sourced from here: http://georgianbawdyhouse.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/you-sir-are-a-pollrumptious-daffock/

I believe that's Baldrick's mother's maiden name...

I laughed all night about this post and now I can't find it again :(

Ha - just read that, ******* brilliant, funniest thing I read on here in a long, long time

Harry doesn't have post some sense, love reading his assessments on players - but I'm hoping to see the funny side of him more often, because that was class!

Nick J must still be looking up what it means as he's not retaliated. I'm not sure how you retaliate to being called a Pollrumptious Daffock though.....

Fairplay to Harry , that is without doubt , the funniest put down I've ever heard.

As Fatima Whitbred once said "I laughed my bollocks off" !!

I'm still laughing about that!! Absolutely brilliant!

How do you come back from that?

Well, must say I didn't think I'd get my own thread, but certainly glad to be of service chaps. Woodsy - I'll try to lighten up a bit more but not sure I'll ever hit the heights of your achievements on 28th August 2012. Lofty days son. :winner_third_h4h:

I know for a fact that they both frequent the same drinking holes along North Street down to the Gate.

Forget the Thrilla in Manilla. It's time for a Gemmy in Bemmy.

Let's get ready to rumble !

Indeed. I'm reliably informed as of 4 hours ago, that inspite of NickJ and myself enjoying some regular disagreements here on otib (generally well ordered and good-bantered), we apparently may very well know of each other and share many mutual friends. So much so, that we're on the same stag week(end) to San Marino & Montenegro with England in March!!

I'm sure we'll happily continue our debate over a few Peroni's.

So never mind the Gemmy in Bemmy, we could be doing the Conga in Bologna?

Well, must say I didn't think I'd get my own thread, but certainly glad to be of service chaps. Woodsy - I'll try to lighten up a bit more but not sure I'll ever hit the heights of your achievements on 28th August 2012. Lofty days son. :winner_third_h4h:

Ha - I fear I'll never hit those heady days again Harry, all over a womans elbow.....!

Indeed. I'm reliably informed as of 4 hours ago, that inspite of NickJ and myself enjoying some regular disagreements here on otib (generally well ordered and good-bantered), we apparently may very well know of each other and share many mutual friends. So much so, that we're on the same stag week(end) to San Marino & Montenegro with England in March!!

I'm sure we'll happily continue our debate over a few Peroni's.

So never mind the Gemmy in Bemmy, we could be doing the Conga in Bologna?

Be lost not so poorly in your thoughts.

Indeed we are. More likely to be the Vino in San Marino, doing our brains on the trains, on the Peroni in Rimini.

Archived