IGNORED

Taylor From Shrewsbury

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Not a bad shout to be fair. Been watching this lad's development closely and he's got the 'potential' to make it at this level but he's got a fair way to go.

Me and a few friends have had discussions over this kid, and I like him.

20 years old, bit on the short side, right winger, out of contract in the summer. Possibly one to approach with a view to taking him on a free in the summer. Give him a one year deal and see what he can prove.

Not a bad shout to be fair. Been watching this lad's development closely and he's got the 'potential' to make it at this level but he's got a fair way to go.

Me and a few friends have had discussions over this kid, and I like him.

20 years old, bit on the short side, right winger, out of contract in the summer. Possibly one to approach with a view to taking him on a free in the summer. Give him a one year deal and see what he can prove.

Have you seen him play Harry?

You seem to have seen everyone. (this isn't a dig, merely an observation)

Have you seen him play Harry?

You seem to have seen everyone. (this isn't a dig, merely an observation)

In this particular instance, I've not watched Taylor live, but I've seen plenty of him.

But, I'm confident I know a bit about the kid, as..well..put it this way, I have my sources.

Ah, Football Manager 2012 or 2013?

Ha ha, nice try...but no.

I have a genuine interest in looking out for young talent (oo-er) and fortunately have built up a few contacts to help me out.

But no - not FM.

Ha ha, nice try...but no.

I have a genuine interest in looking out for young talent (oo-er) and fortunately have built up a few contacts to help me out.

But no - not FM.

Harry having seen you play football yourself, i would suggest you know bugger all about what a good player looks like....I hope the club is not seeking to sign you up as a scout

Harry having seen you play football yourself, i would suggest you know bugger all about what a good player looks like....I hope the club is not seeking to sign you up as a scout

Haha - I guess you're still a tad bitter after I dropped you from the first team when I was in charge (when we won the league!)

Good management on my part I reckon!

Oh - and you may recall I was player of the season for 5 years running, so think you may be slightly wrong in your assessment, ha ha. :banana:

Whys that? Intrigued.

Don't know fella - just always had a genuine interest in talent-spotting. I tend to get a bit stale (whiff!$!) sometimes with the status quo and I like to see what the future holds.

Put it this way - have you ever been peed off at the England team containing the ever-predictable likes of Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Terry etc etc? Have you ever wondered what the England team of the future might be (Butland, Caulker, Wilshere, Cleverley, Powell etc)

This is what I do. I get kinda bored of the present and predictable and seek the stars of the future. I like to see a kid, ascertain whether I think he'll make it and to what level, and then once he's established, I move onto the next one.

For example - I was interested to see Bournemouth sign Harry Cornick this week from Christchurch. He's a lad me and my mate have been interested in for a while. I'm now gonna watch with great interest how he progresses under Howe in the next year. I'm pretty sure you won't find him on any edition of Football Manager, so that might quieten the dissenters!!

Don't know fella - just always had a genuine interest in talent-spotting. I tend to get a bit stale (whiff!$!) sometimes with the status quo and I like to see what the future holds.

Put it this way - have you ever been peed off at the England team containing the ever-predictable likes of Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Terry etc etc? Have you ever wondered what the England team of the future might be (Butland, Caulker, Wilshere, Cleverley, Powell etc)

This is what I do. I get kinda bored of the present and predictable and seek the stars of the future. I like to see a kid, ascertain whether I think he'll make it and to what level, and then once he's established, I move onto the next one.

For example - I was interested to see Bournemouth sign Harry Cornick this week from Christchurch. He's a lad me and my mate have been interested in for a while. I'm now gonna watch with great interest how he progresses under Howe in the next year. I'm pretty sure you won't find him on any edition of Football Manager, so that might quieten the dissenters!!

A quite word in the right ears at the gate might do the club some favours, give it a go !!

WTF your an Insurance Administrator

WTF has that got to do with it? Harry says he 'has an interest', not that he's employed by City (or any other football club) to be interested in young talent

None of us are employed by City, expect Dave L of course, but doesn't stop us having our say

Mmmm...slightly higher up the Org Chart than that. So say the failed Insurance Salesman!! :phone:

WTF has that got to do with it? Harry says he 'has an interest', not that he's employed by City (or any other football club) to be interested in young talent

None of us are employed by City, expect Dave L of course, but doesn't stop us having our say

Don't worry Woodsy - I got this one.

Besides, I was his Best Man and he's trying to get his REWENGIE!!

Mmmm...slightly higher up the Org Chart than that. So say the failed Insurance Salesman!! :phone:

Don't worry Woodsy - I got this one.

Besides, I was his Best Man and he's trying to get his REWENGIE!!

Ha, leave you to it then H. Just making sure the forum funny guys stick together!

Agreed. It is annoying though on here when someone like Harry for example, shows a knowledge of the lower leagues they instanly get called a FM player.

Decent article here Harry - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260119/Englands-future-15-teen-stars-YOU-excited-about.html

Guessing you are aware of a lot of them already but exciting to hear potential stars of the future

Decent article here Harry - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260119/Englands-future-15-teen-stars-YOU-excited-about.html

Guessing you are aware of a lot of them already but exciting to hear potential stars of the future

Nice link !james. Good work.

Yes, I'm aware of a lot of those guys already - some are more 'known' names already such as Hughes, Shaw, Chalobah & Clayton, but there's some good talent in there.

Interestingly you'll note Fowler making a reference to the NextGen Series. I've got my paws all over this competition at the moment since it started last year (oops 2011 - it's '13 now innit!!)

It's gonna be a great little competition for showcasing talent and I hope they find some way of expanding it (only 6 Engish teams involved at the moment). This is the sort of initiative that will improve the standards of our young players (as well as all of the Academy restructuring EPPP stuff).

Archived