IGNORED

I Don't Get It

RedBrizzleRobin

... I really don't. People were moaning about why we arent going after rated lower league players how would cost alot less than the much more expensive championship players. People said there's players in the lower leagues that could play at championship level.

So derek goes out and targets lower league players who are rated highly and are players who their clubs WANT to keep, exactly the type of players poeple have been crying out for we should sign....

...and people moan about taking rated players from crawley and kilmarnock! The players sound very much like the sort we should be after but thats not good enough for some because their from a lower league so they cant that good? Madness.

Rant over.

... I really don't. People were moaning about why we arent going after rated lower league players how would cost alot less than the much more expensive championship players. People said there's players in the lower leagues that could play at championship level.

So derek goes out and targets lower league players who are rated highly and are players who their clubs WANT to keep, exactly the type of players poeple have been crying out for we should sign....

...and people moan about taking rated players from crawley and kilmarnock! The players sound very much like the sort we should be after but thats not good enough for some because their from a lower league so they cant that good? Madness.

Rant over.

Welcome to the fickle world of otib

Rant over.

I think that the club have now been open and honest about future transfer policy, something else that people on here have been crying out for them to be.

I would suggest that if the rumours of interest in Kelly & Mcfazdean upset you, or you disagree with the transer policy to a point where you are going to complain about everyone that we might be signing, then now would be a good time to stop coming on here, stop supporting Bristol City and go and pick a premier league club to follow - because this is going to be the future for us!

i for one and actually quite excited by this open new policy. It will not reap instand rewards, of course, but if SL is willing to invest in this policy properly, then even if it means dropping down to L1 for a couple of years to regroup, build a structure for the future and come back stronger, with a team of hungry, young, committed players, then I am all for it. Obviously, if we can maintain NPC status, then so much the better and it will put us in a far stronger position to prise away the top young talent from lower league clubs. However, should we go down, then we will be the preverbial bigger fish in a small pond and still be an attractive proposition when attracting young talent from the clubs around us at that level.

Best case scenario - In time we build a structure ala Swansea.

Worst case scenario - we become a yo-yo club between NPC and L1. but we have effectively been exactly that for the majority of our history!

I think that the club have now been open and honest about future transfer policy, something else that people on here have been crying out for them to be.

I would suggest that if the rumours of interest in Kelly & Mcfazdean upset you, or you disagree with the transer policy to a point where you are going to complain about everyone that we might be signing, then now would be a good time to stop coming on here, stop supporting Bristol City and go and pick a premier league club to follow - because this is going to be the future for us!

i for one and actually quite excited by this open new policy. It will not reap instand rewards, of course, but if SL is willing to invest in this policy properly, then even if it means dropping down to L1 for a couple of years to regroup, build a structure for the future and come back stronger, with a team of hungry, young, committed players, then I am all for it. Obviously, if we can maintain NPC status, then so much the better and it will put us in a far stronger position to prise away the top young talent from lower league clubs. However, should we go down, then we will be the preverbial bigger fish in a small pond and still be an attractive proposition when attracting young talent from the clubs around us at that level.

Best case scenario - In time we build a structure ala Swansea.

Worst case scenario - we become a yo-yo club between NPC and L1. but we have effectively been exactly that for the majority of our history!

Call that Divisions Two and Three, which is what it really is despite what its says on the tin, and I'm with you.

This PL, Championship, L1, L2 stuff is pure PR rowlocks. I prefer:

Premiership

Championship

Sinkingship

Receivership

myself.

The future of this football club will certainly be a good one. It may take a while but I firmly believe we will be challenging at the top end of this division in some years time. We as fans just have to understand this, we aren't Leicester City who can throw millions at players to get promotion. We need to build and build from top to bottom and eventually we will get there.

The future of this football club will certainly be a good one. It may take a while but I firmly believe we will be challenging at the top end of this division in some years time. We as fans just have to understand this, we aren't Leicester City who can throw millions at players to get promotion. We need to build and build from top to bottom and eventually we will get there.

I quite agree with you. Although the Leicester City bit should read.... "we aren't Leicester City who can throw millions at players to NOT get promotion!"

Which pretty much sums up the whole point of our new policy.

God knows how much money Leicester have paid out in transfers and inflated wages over the last couple of seasons, yet they failed to but success last season and could well fail again this season, and next!

Although of course it has and does happen - attempting to buy success does not always work and destroys the heritage of a football club at the same time.

I certainly hope so too, but there are no guarantees. The team that won the League title for fun and formed the backbone of England in the 50's and early 60's, that stuffed Barca and Honved provoking l'Equipe magazine to found the European Cup, the first whose captain married a celebrity singer, ended up in the basement division in the 80's.

A team that was a joke in the Northern Premier League, in a town totally devoted to Rugby Leage, is now in the penthouse division.

The bottom line is, you never can tell. No club has a right to success and very often it's a matter of chance who will and won't do it. It doesn't stop real supporters from hoping :city:

Premiership

Championship

Sinkingship

Receivership

Hahaha! The first thing on OTIB in about a week that's actually improved my mood, good work!

Except it should read:

Premier ship

Championship

Sinkingship

Receivership

What is this site playing at?

Rant over.

Some people will never be happy, I shouldnt let it bother you.

That is weird. I posted P R E M I E R S H I P and I got Premiership

I did wonder when you originally posted with the 'engage brain' reply! I was re-reading it looking for some differences and couldnt spot any, as i have been up since 3am and spent the day looking after 2 kids under the age of 4 I was beginning to wonder if I was going mad.....

I did wonder when you originally posted with the 'engage brain' reply! I was re-reading it looking for some differences and couldnt spot any, as i have been up since 3am and spent the day looking after 2 kids under the age of 4 I was beginning to wonder if I was going mad.....

Certainly a possiblity under those circumstances ;)

Archived