IGNORED

Are Politicians For Real?

Esmond Million's Bung

there is going to be civil disorder this year its been brewing and they won't be able to palm it off on the kids,

the tories are only after one thing and thats to get the rich richer there wouldn't be a benefit system (my dad uses it because he's disabled) under them,

The 1% rise is a kick in the teeth for everyone needing help to live that should be linked in the the CPR which is at 2.7% we have a cold snap coming and people will have to chose between eating or staying warn,

But the tories don't care as long as the richest 10% get a tax break..................

Sooner there gone the better

there is going to be civil disorder this year its been brewing and they won't be able to palm it off on the kids,

the tories are only after one thing and thats to get the rich richer there wouldn't be a benefit system (my dad uses it because he's disabled) under them,

The 1% rise is a kick in the teeth for everyone needing help to live that should be linked in the the CPR which is at 2.7% we have a cold snap coming and people will have to chose between eating or staying warn,

But the tories don't care as long as the richest 10% get a tax break..................

Sooner there gone the better

The problem is the only other electable party are probably worse as their previous term in office proved to our loss.

Unsurprising the Tories average expection on the increase was 20k above the other parties. Greedy knuts one and all.

New Labour only want lower to appear more electable, do not forget that under New Liebore the gap between rich and poor grew wider, they are the biggest hypocrites party of the working man my arse.

New Labour only want lower to appear more electable, do not forget that under New Liebore the gap between rich and poor grew wider, they are the biggest hypocrites party of the working man my arse.

Don't think the coalition/Tories have made many friends this term, but with such quality lining up to take over, were spoilt for choice!

Of course they are all just as bad as each other. Never really been much of a follower of politics, but the line between representing the working classes and toffs appears to be non-existant these days.

Should be a position of privilege, not gain.

Put a working class man in charge and my faith may be restored. More chance of us making the play offs this year.

If I could vote for my own pay increase I might award myself 32% too.

Personally, I favour reducing the Commons to about 500 MPs and making them work a 47-week year like most folk. They'd not be at Westminster all the time - they couldn't all fit in - but non chamber days would have to be spent meeting constituents/dealing with their concerns. You can have declared outside interests, but gone are the (second) jobs for the boys.

The Commons would operate daily 10am-6pm. No midday starts and no late night debates where half the members file in to vote from the pubs. With no late night debates, there would be no excuse for MPs living within - say - 75 miles of London, to have a second home in the capital.

Voting would be on an electronic basis for speed and efficiency, none of this filing out of lobbies and saying Aye or Nay and all the rest of the outdated nonsense they get up to. Honestly, they tell the rest of the country we have to modernise to survive whilst conducting themselves as if it's the 1790s.

Marry all this with an elected 150 member 'senate' - drawn up by the proportion of vote garnered in the general election for each party who gets more than 2% of the overall share. This would act as an examining body for proposed legislation in the same way as the Lords are meant to. The upper chamber role could be bolstered by various advisory committes of experts in various fields.

Put all that through and I'd be happy for MPs to earn over 100K. You want the best to apply, not any old Dave, Nick or Ed!

I'd be happy to help fund a good professional wage for good professionals. But not for this shower!

This comes at a time when 1,300 from Jessops and 800 from Honda will be joining the dole queue. In the meantime, Mr Osbourne is telling us that we as a country are getting there, and to make matters worse the greedy idiots in "Piggyminster" want a 32% pay rise.......no redundancies there just more treasonous subservience to the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led European Union project.

If I could vote for my own pay increase I might award myself 32% too.

Personally, I favour reducing the Commons to about 500 MPs and making them work a 47-week year like most folk. They'd not be at Westminster all the time - they couldn't all fit in - but non chamber days would have to be spent meeting constituents/dealing with their concerns. You can have declared outside interests, but gone are the (second) jobs for the boys.

The Commons would operate daily 10am-6pm. No midday starts and no late night debates where half the members file in to vote from the pubs. With no late night debates, there would be no excuse for MPs living within - say - 75 miles of London, to have a second home in the capital.

Voting would be on an electronic basis for speed and efficiency, none of this filing out of lobbies and saying Aye or Nay and all the rest of the outdated nonsense they get up to. Honestly, they tell the rest of the country we have to modernise to survive whilst conducting themselves as if it's the 1790s.

Marry all this with an elected 150 member 'senate' - drawn up by the proportion of vote garnered in the general election for each party who gets more than 2% of the overall share. This would act as an examining body for proposed legislation in the same way as the Lords are meant to. The upper chamber role could be bolstered by various advisory committes of experts in various fields.

Put all that through and I'd be happy for MPs to earn over 100K. You want the best to apply, not any old Dave, Nick or Ed!

I'd be happy to help fund a good professional wage for good professionals. But not for this shower!

Very good shout R-R.

I think the same should apply to the judiciary and barristers in a Crown Court.

Business dress is acceptable for the Magistrate's Court, so why not the Crown Court ?

Time to get rid of the stupid wigs and outfits.

I would be happy for them to receive pay of £100,000 pa on a few conditions - that they no longer get expenses, they no longer get 2nd home allowances, no more interest free loans, no more free travel, no more subsidized 3 course meals and wine in posh riverside restaurants, no more hiring the "family" on their cushy "office" budgets.

Then they can truly say they are earning comparative wages with others in similar jobs - currently their perks are worth well over the £40,000 they seem to think is missing in their pockets. £60,000 nearly all disposable income is something most of us could only dream about.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fleetstreetfox-dear-mps-your-employers-1529477

Dear MPs ...

Allow me to tell you about the most bloated and disgusting part of the public sector.

There is a union of employees who, by banding together, managed to wangle themselves a basic salary which puts them in the top 3% of earners in the UK.

In case this wasn't enough, they insisted on being able to moonlight and do two or three extra jobs which enabled them to earn as much as 13 times their public salaries .

On duty they catch taxis and trains for free. They get subsidised fillet steak and fine wine. They have interest-free loans, their second houses paid for, stamp duty, solicitors' fees, new kitchens, gardeners, curtains and expensive furniture , all just to help them do their jobs. Twenty per cent of them have made room at the trough for family members to chow down. Tuck in, kids!

They've probably all got a flatscreen telly, too. And you can bet most of them won't have paid for it themselves.

For all these perks do you think they worked longer and harder? Did they hell. This year they're turning up to the coal face for just 171 days, compared to the 240 or so the rest of us strivers put in.

At the same time as this the organisation for which they work, and from which they suckle, is broke. It has crippling debts, forced redundancies, and low morale. There is no money left.

Ordinarily the management would go to war with a union of shirkers as bloated and greedy as this. Unfortunately, it's the management which is corrupt. It's the executive class scoffing in subsidised canteens and complaining their salami is not sliced thinly enough . It's the guys in charge who are soaking up a total of half a billion pounds a year in return for just ordering the plebs around. And it's you MPs who have, just three years after the expenses scandal which threatened most of them with the electoral guillotine, grown the brass necks it would need to insist that all of the above is simply not good enough and they deserve a 32 per cent pay rise .

Not instead of your current system of pay and perks. Not instead of the golden goodbyes, generous holidays, second home expenses and gold-plated pension. As well as .

You haven't said what the alternative is. Presumably manning some chi-chi braziers sourced from a charming little Chelsea antique shop you'll get us to pay for, followed by a four-hour protest lunch at a nice restaurant.

Not only do you think you're worth more, this opinion was delivered just days after you voted through a four per cent real-terms cut in benefits for seven million working families, and just a few months after police officers, nurses, paramedics, teachers and others marched on Westminster over cuts to their pensions.

Complained one, nameless MP: "We receive endless requests for raffle donations... we spend money on things which cannot be claimed back." Oh, like the rest of us have to? You poor lambs!

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen said the 'vast majority' of the public did not think £65,000 was a lot of money and said some MPs might have "to look their children in the eye at Christmas and say they can't have what they normally have because mummy or daddy wants to be an MP".

So if young Tamasin doesn't get a pony this year that's as bad as going to a food bank for your turkey dinner, is it?

I don't think so.

The 100,000 people who relied on food banks in order to eat last year, a figure expected to rise to 200,000 by April , wouldn't think so.

Half of the entire nation's households which will be an average of £165 worse off in the cuts won't agree.

Those members of the public surveyed at the same time as MPs who said your pay should be docked £5,000 a year probably wouldn't care about Tamasin's pony either.

But then the old line gets trotted out that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and former minister Cheryl Gillan parroted it saying: "If pay is too low it will only be attractive to the wealthy." Or the poor. Heaven forfend they should be in charge! Why, single parents on the parliamentary benches, council house tenants on committees, people who don't own a BMW making laws and taking tea with the Queen? What a great idea that would be.

Because for 97 per cent of us a salary of £65,738 a year is a shedload of cash. Working in London four days a week and an afternoon in the constituency is hardly a chore. Sitting down and yakking all day, for many people, would be a welcome relief.

They might care a bit more about earning that money by sorting out a tax system which is not fit for purpose, saving the NHS rather than taking it apart, and doing something about the fact one in 20 women in this country have suffered a serious sexual assault since turning 16. They might just also manage it while not skiving off to yabber about their onesies on radio phone-ins, taking their tennis coach on holiday , or disappearing for a reality show when they're supposed to be at work. They might even visit a food bank and talk to people who use them, in the way that our Prime Minister has yet to do, and decide that it is appalling people are being left to starve by one of the richest states in the world. I don't really want captains of industry running the government - they already run everything else. Let the plebs have a crack at it, we certainly can't do any worse and we don't mind how thin the salami is.

It would be tempting to do as the old joke says, pin a rosette on a donkey and send that to Parliament. Except we've tried that already, and now we've got 650 of you sucking so hard on the withered national teat it's in serious danger of snapping off.

Far better to set your MPs' pay to the national average, which at the moment is £26,500. That would soon concentrate your minds on improving the economy and raising the standard of living, with the added bonus every MP who is in it for what they can get would flee the Palace of Westminster quicker than rats who've heard there's a man with a whistle in the building.

Because as the Prime Minister so rightly said: " We need a smaller public sector. " We do, but you MPs have wielded the knife at our scrawny flanks while saving your own double chin. So let's direct some cuts to the shirking, scrounging, fetid, fat leeches of Westminster and unless you take a pay cut like the rest of the country you'll be out on your ears with the rest of the rats.

Failing that, Belgium managed without a government entirely for 18 months. What do you say we try to beat that?

Love,

Your Employer

Very good shout R-R.

I think the same should apply to the judiciary and barristers in a Crown Court.

Business dress is acceptable for the Magistrate's Court, so why not the Crown Court ?

Time to get rid of the stupid wigs and outfits.

Totally agree GB.

Ever been to a high court case? They cost an average of £50K to run per day. And when you see the amount of people stood about doing nothing or very very little - and clock the fees that the lawyers can invoice for themselves - that isn't surprising.

A massively disproportionate number of MPs are from the legal profession. I wonder why it has scarce been touched by the sort of cuts experienced elsewhere in the economy?

A massively disproportionate number of MPs are from the legal profession. I wonder why it has scarce been touched by the sort of cuts experienced elsewhere in the economy?

Ahhhh, indeed, the legal profession is indeed ripe for savage cuts. Known liar, warmonger, and EU loving traitor Tony Blair is a lawyer. Get him on trial at one of the lavish courthouses he had built for his legal profession buddies up and down our country at massive cost to us as taxpayers. Bang out of order that Tony Blair hasn't been put on trial, read more at the link below.......

http://www.arrestblair.org/

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xur2qg_ypm-s1-e5_auto

It's amazing how relevant this old show still is. (You might have to watch an ad first).

New series back on in a day or two - I think this show and "In the thick of it" probably show why the country never really changes -

Seeing as Belgium did not collapse when it had no government - maybe we should look at less MP/Politics - extend their summer break by 2 weeks a year until we start to see any problems coming - if as probably is the case everything just bobbles along fine - then we could end up not needing them at all :-)

Archived