IGNORED

Other Managers/clubs Perception Of Bcfc

Philly The Kid

Interesting comment the Killie manager, Kenny Shiels made after we signed Liam Kelly;

Shiels indicated he was surprised higher-placed English clubs had not moved for Kelly.

"I don't want to be disrespectful to Bristol City, because they're a big club," he said. "But I would have thought there would have been other options that might have been more appealing to Liam."

They seem to throw in the "Big Club" tag simply as a way of indicating their "No disrespect" intention, when of course, everyone knows we're not really (although the potential has always been there but has, and probably never will be) realised.

What kind of message does this send out? It hardly makes us look like the sort of club any young player who fits into our newly stated recruitment policy would want to come to!! And those young players probably do look at this forum, youngsters are internet savy these days!!

You can look at this another way though, it is actually a backhanded compliment to Dmac and SL that we've attracted him to our club, despite the ongoing issues we have.
I wonder what the perception is of BCFC amogst the footballing world?

What kind of message does this send out?

I wouldn't imagine too many players looking for employment pay much attention to what the manager of Kilmarnock says, although I don't want that to sound disrespectful as they are a massive club.

As regards being a 'big club', we aren't really but we are the biggest club by far in the Southwest of England. If players are happy to move to this part of the World I imagine Championship football (at least till May), larger crowds and better wages may be attractive.

Interesting comment the Killie manager, Kenny Shiels made after we signed Liam Kelly;

Shiels indicated he was surprised higher-placed English clubs had not moved for Kelly.

"I don't want to be disrespectful to Bristol City, because they're a big club," he said. "But I would have thought there would have been other options that might have been more appealing to Liam."

They seem to throw in the "Big Club" tag simply as a way of indicating their "No disrespect" intention, when of course, everyone knows we're not really (although the potential has always been there but has, and probably never will be) realised.

What kind of message does this send out? It hardly makes us look like the sort of club any young player who fits into our newly stated recruitment policy would want to come to!! And those young players probably do look at this forum, youngsters are internet savy these days!!

You can look at this another way though, it is actually a backhanded compliment to Dmac and SL that we've attracted him to our club, despite the ongoing issues we have.

I wonder what the perception is of BCFC amogst the footballing world?

Killie have a proud history in Scottish football, but they are based in a town of just over 40,000 people. Yeovil is the same size - and it has a bigger hinterland to draw support from.

In that context, Bristol City is a 'big club'.

Although this is a comment from a manager losing one of his players, as has been mention, unfortunately it's true. If you're a young player moving to the Championship, a club that has been fighting relegation for 2 years and has over £40m of debts wouldn't necessarily be first choice. There is a real risk of division 1 football next season.

O.K. - Steve Lansdown has outlined the new transfer policy but it's unlikely many people in Scotland would have read about it. There are a lot of clubs in the Championship that could really be regarded as “big” (by Championship standard). In fact, if you look at the league table, I’d say most of the clubs could be regarded as more appealing, in the short-term at least.

Perhaps Liam Kelly has faith in the club’s long-term plans.

P GD Pts

Cardiff 26 19 56

Hull 26 10 49

Crystal Palace 26 16 47

Middlesbrough 26 10 47

Leicester 26 21 44

Watford 25 11 40

Millwall 26 4 40

Leeds United 26 -4 38

Brighton 25 9 37

Derby 26 2 37

Nottm Forest 26 1 37

Burnley 26 0 36

Blackburn 25 2 35

Blackpool 26 5 34

Charlton 26 -2 33

Bolton 26 -1 32

Huddersfield 26 -12 32

Wolves 26 -6 31

ipswich 26 -21 30

Birmingham 26 -9 29

Peterborough 26 -12 25

Sheff Wed 26 -14 25

Bristol City 25 -12 22

Barnsley 26 -17 21

there are "bigger" clubs in league 1 at the mo and teams like Leeds and Florest have been there and it hasnt stopped players going,he gets a chance to prove himself in the championship with us so i think this argument is nul and void

This isn't an argument, it's an observation with invitation to debate!!

Archived