IGNORED

Budget To Strengthen The Squad

Dynamite Red

Wilson said after the defeat on Sunday "If we want to come back next season, there may have to be changes in personnel."

Sexstone said today "we must have a budget to strengthen the squad where required"

I know we are skint but I think the board are going give Wilson the license to bring in a few players probably on bosman frees, with the release of Caskey, Rougier, Lee Matthews and I expect players like Bell and Peacock have been offered significantly less lucrative salaries (yet to sign).

Agree/disagree that we will recruit new players

Which players from other clubs are out of contract? Does anyone know if the following players are available on bosman free or entering the last year of there contract (so we could put in a lower offer).

Liam Lawrence (Mansfield - Out of Contract ???? Compensation ????

Ritchie Wellens (Blackpool)- Out of Contract ????

Stephen McPhee (Port Vale) - Out of Contract ???? Compensation ????

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson (Port Vale)

Howard (Luton)- Out of Contract ????

Luke Beckett (Stockport)- Out of Contract ????

The fact is that because the money isn't in football that was there about 2-3 years ago, you can sign a good quality player with Premiership/First Division experience on a Bosman. Some players still seem to think that they can demand stupid wages, but most realise that they can no longer be pick and choose clubs like they used to be able to do.

Matthews was on quite a good wage, and presumably the likes of Peacock and Bell will have been offered contracts where the wages are similar if not slightly less than what they currently have, so because of this we may able to see one or two new free signings during the summer.

As mentioned above, there are a couple of players that could do the job for us, and probably won't be on too much as most are 2nd Division players anyway.

The club just have to make use of the players available on a Bosman, because they are out there.

Guest uncle john

I wouldn't give a drop of money to Wilson to spend. His signings are terrible. He's like a kid 'I need this new toy to be happy'. He gets his Wilkshire 64 and his Miller Power Ranger, to the back of the cupboard they go, never uses them, and then it's 'Well, just one more toy, Daddy Chairman, then I'll be happy'. Except other kids on the same street spend less money on their toys less often and are happy with them. If you want to spend money Danny, take it out of your 250K salary, except you need it for all that petrol when you disappear off to Chesterfield twice a week. Time for Daddy Chairman to stand up and say

'If we aren't doing well, it's not my fault for not funding players for you, it's your fault for not buying good ones, and your fault for not using them well. You've had your signings, get the most out of them and deliver now, and stop shifting the blame elsewhere. Miller/Peacock/Murray/Wilkshire/Butler/Lever/Matthews/Rougier/Caskey/Dunning/Singh/Fagan/Robins/Roberts/Lita/Gillespie were all your signings. Live or die by them alone. But you've had enough now. Deliver or go.'

I do want new players, I just don't trust Wilson to buy well. I do trust him to spend too much on average players that won't improve the side much though, in which category I place Wilkshire and Miller most obviously.

there are a couple of players that could do the job for us, and probably won't be on too much as most are 2nd Division players anyway.

The club just have to make use of the players available on a Bosman, because they are out there.

Exactly and I think all of the below are available on free transfers (unless anyone knows different)

Liam Lawrence (Mansfield - Out of Contract ???? Compensation ????

Ritchie Wellens (Blackpool)- Out of Contract ????

Stephen McPhee (Port Vale) - Out of Contract ???? Compensation ????

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson (Port Vale)

Howard (Luton)- Out of Contract ????

Luke Beckett (Stockport)- Out of Contract ????

I question why we resigned some of the current squad of players when we could have made some inquiries about other players availability, think how well Swindon have used the Bosman market compared to us (Mooney, Parkin, Rhys Evans, Sammy Igoe etc..) and how much money they have spent £0 and they finished just behind us.

Roberts and Peacock or Stephen McPhee, Howard, Luke Beckett

Burnell or Ritchie Wellens, Liam Lawrence, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson

Hopefully if we do have the budget then we will sign McPhee, Wellens and Lawrence that gives us a 20+ goals striker (McPhee), box to box tackler and great passer (Wellens) and a midfielder who can score, create and still work his socks off for the team (Lawrence)

End of moan :@

Archived