IGNORED

City - The Cosy Club

Fiale

Are we just to cosy a club for players ?

The club is to cosy, people earning good money, not much effort needed, a dressing room full of quite happy people I imagine (I say dressing room - some I doubt even see the inside of it) all they have to endure for the great time / lifestyle is to play 90 minutes of football every now and then.... and not even have to put much effort into that.

10 departures that I think need to happen. We would be short on numbers - but anyone we put out would be capable of losing week in week out (even 11 raffle tickets for any fans wanting to play). Offer these players to other clubs, let them know what they will not have new contracts, will not be welcome on the training ground and that it would be best for them to move on. I don't want the club to be nasty/harsh but also I want them to stop being so damned nice - grow some balls and get a handle on things.

We will take a financial bullet in the short term - but we can then look to replace these 9 players with maybe 4 quality signings - if we need in the short term throw some money at them to get them here - then so be it. We have enough good young players that can fit around them - 2 CBs a RB and a CM - players who will make a real impact.

After Gary Johnston and Millen, should we have cleared out some of the players making up the core of the team ? Should we now belatedly think of getting rid of some of those old guard.

Fontaine

Elliott

Carey

Skuse

We should also get rid of players we just pay a fortune for but never play no matter how bad a team we are - if these players cannot get into the team when it's this bad - when will/would they ? Surely it's time for them to go

Morriss

Killkenny

Nyatanga

Then send back all the loan signings / not renew short contracts - they are not helping, and frankly why should they really give a **** about the club at the moment - they are here to get fit / game time, if we get relegated does anyone think they really care ?

Bates

Wilson

McMannus

All very well stating get rid of people - how?

Firstly you need to find a buyer, or at best a taker - and how hard would that be?

Secondly, you need to find replacements - Luckily they dont have the internet in Scotland, as that is the only place where you can still find players willing to come here.

Quite frankly, why would you?

All very well stating get rid of people - how?

Firstly you need to find a buyer, or at best a taker - and how hard would that be?

Secondly, you need to find replacements - Luckily they dont have the internet in Scotland, as that is the only place where you can still find players willing to come here.

Quite frankly, why would you?

Just take the bitter pill - let them know they can stay at home / not train / we will try to find them loans help them move on and take the financial hit.

New players - well money talks (sad but true) if we can find the quality I am sure there is a point where we can become attractive.

I know it's easy for me to say as it's not my money - but when your £40 million down and have so little to show for it - can' help but feel a little more is not going to be noticed.

Archived