IGNORED

Tom Heaton Made My Lads Day

Izza

It was my lads 16th Birthday today.

Before the match he asked Tom if he could have his gloves as it was his birthday and Tom said I will sort something out for you after the match.

I wasn't really expecting anything to come of it but true to his word he came back with this pair of gloves.

My lad is absolutely over the moon.

He wants to offer a big thankyou to Tom,if you read this forum

post-9164-0-91985700-1358021211_thumb.jp

Really nice when players can go out of their way a little bit, really makes a difference. Little different but when I was a kid I caught a training top off of Vilmos Sebok that he threw up into the Atyeo stand when I was a kid, loved it. Thing like that stay with you and he'll always look at Heaton in a positive light now no matter what - which is good that it wasn't Foster or McInnes that gave him something because we'd all think he was mental if he saw them overly positively.

I know this is slightly off track - but in the note of guys going out of their way -

Yesterday I took my little girl to kid's day at the Australian Open.

She was stood with me by the gate and out of nowhere came Novak Djockovic, with "Hi there, what's your name? That's a nice hat, here you go this is your first racquet go take your dad and tell him you want to be a tennis player"

Obviously a racquet would be nothing to him (he don't even pay for them) but for a guy who (i'll be honest) I have always regarded as a bit of a c***, he is the most amazing guy for doing things out of the limelight and just speaking to people.

As the Opening Post says, small things can go a mile.

I will now be holding a much different view of the Serb and will happily see him win games now!!!

Archived