IGNORED

Scott Murray

Stockwood gate

...but do you not feel that Bristol City staff, who work so closely with the players and managent, should lead by example??

He may just "sort the kit", but the fact is he is around the squad and management all the time, and when you are around people like that, you can have a bigger influence then you think.

So, if you worked in a factory that employed someone to launder the uniforms, and the laundry person (who had a fantastic career before he retired, and only took the job to earn abit of cash during retirement and stay employed at the same place he had spent alot of his working life) had a decent social life, but the factory was being run poorly and losing customers due to poor performance and management, you would blame the laundry person for not leading by example?

So, if you worked in a factory that employed someone to launder the uniforms, and the laundry person (who had a fantastic career before he retired, and only took the job to earn abit of cash during retirement and stay employed at the same place he had spent alot of his working life) had a decent social life, but the factory was being run poorly and losing customers due to poor performance and management, you would blame the laundry person for not leading by example?

poor comparison, but ok, I'll debate with you.

Do you not feel that, as a member of staff, Scott Murray should lead by example? Do you not feel that, a manager of Bristol City, should be able to trust his staff, to lead by example?

Do you feel that it is acceptable, for a memmber of staff who works so closely with the first team, to be out on the lash with a first team squad member on a Friday afternoon and night?? get so drunki he is asleep at the bar?

Do you feel its acceptable for a member of Bristol Cigty staff to tweet abuse about "slags" and "sluts" after he has had a few to many...only to delete them when he has sobered up

Do you honestly believe that, someone who has been around the club as long as he has, a "job for life" I believe it was once described as.....just melts into the background and doesnt enjoy a good moan "with the boys".

Sorry, dont buy it....

This club needs to get rid of the old guard.....otherwise the problems at this club will never go away. Carey, Skuse, Fontaine and Murray...all need to move on. Del started to do this when he bombed out Naylor and Walsh.....why he didnt follow it through, I have no idea

poor comparison, but ok, I'll debate with you.

Same thing....

Do you not feel that, as a member of staff, Scott Murray should lead by example? Do you not feel that, a manager of Bristol City, should be able to trust his staff, to lead by example?

So, should stewards, ticket office and shop staff, groundsmen etc, not have a social life? Should the new ground be built inside the walls of a monastery and all staff members given daily alcohol tests?

Do you feel that it is acceptable, for a memmber of staff who works so closely with the first team, to be out on the lash with a first team squad member on a Friday afternoon and night?? get so drunki he is asleep at the bar?

Never seen that so cant comment.

Do you feel its acceptable for a member of Bristol Cigty staff to tweet abuse about "slags" and "sluts" after he has had a few to many...only to delete them when he has sobered up

Again, not seen any tweets like that, and I use twitter alot. Should social media sites be out of bounds to all staff? As long as he isnt slagging of the the club he can tweet about what he likes as far as I am concerned.

Do you honestly believe that, someone who has been around the club as long as he has, a "job for life" I believe it was once described as.....just melts into the background and doesnt enjoy a good moan "with the boys".

From what I have seen and heard, he is probably the most positive person at the club, and is good for morale amongst players and supporters - which is why Del wanted him to do the job if I remember correctly.

Sorry, dont buy it....

You dont have to, thats your choice...

This club needs to get rid of the old guard.....otherwise the problems at this club will never go away. Carey, Skuse, Fontaine and Murray...all need to move on. Del started to do this when he bombed out Naylor and Walsh.....why he didnt follow it through, I have no idea

Naylor and Walsh were on the coaching staff and obviously not up to the job, but no one Del brought in to coach appears to be any better if we compare results and player progression. The exception being the under 21's who are coached by Aggy, a former City player. Cant see the issue with a kitman role. It was Del who asked Scotty to take on the job, he wasnt doing it before Del arrived, so I am not sure he wanted all the 'old guard' moved on.

I think you are making this a bigger issue than it actually is. If you want to blame someone for how badly this season has gone, blame the board for making the wrong managerial appointment to start with.

I think you are making this a bigger issue than it actually is. If you want to blame someone for how badly this season has gone, blame the board for making the wrong managerial appointment to start with.

I'm not blaming Murray for this season....I do blame the board, and of course McInnes.

You say he didn't want all the old guard out....I agree, and for me, this was the start of his downfall . There has been plenty of rumours down he years on here, and couple this with some of the true stories I've heard....my opinion on the "old guard" isn't as high as some

With regards you saying about ground staff and stewards....I have made my point on here that I mean staff who work directly with players and management.

I can't wait to see what job Louis Carey gets next year.....

If the kit man wasn't an ex player who people have an interest in nobody would care if they had a heroin addiction...

If you say so....

At the end of the day, I have my opinion....other people have there's.

My opinion is the quicker we get rid of the old guard and this job for the boys mentality.....the better

I dont get what you mean if im honest? are you saying the fans need to "lead by example"?

If so, can you explain to me how the fans should lead by example?

How about all fans encouraging players when things are not going well, rather than throwing abuse (**** off xxxxxx, your ****ing shite!). Players thrive on confidence. Abuse doesn't seem to inspire.

How about fans directing their chanting and singing efforts more towards BCFC rather than chants and songs of abuse to opposition fans or the mother of whoever happens to be the current manager of those up at Horfield.

What people do outside of work is totally up to them it just shouldn't affect their work life. As Murray's job is as kitman I do not see how anyone can slate him for having a social life is beyond me.

As long as I turn up for work on Monday and am in a fit state to work then it's none of their business and nor are they bothered in the slightest. Probably the strangest thing I have read on a forum in my life. Everyone should be married to their job clearly.

If the kit man wasn't an ex player who people have an interest in nobody would care if they had a heroin addiction...

I think the Players would, when their kit wasn't in the changing room, and the kit man was led out on his living room floor, in his own piss, monged out!

How about all fans encouraging players when things are not going well, rather than throwing abuse (**** off xxxxxx, your ****ing shite!). Players thrive on confidence. Abuse doesn't seem to inspire.

How about fans directing their chanting and singing efforts more towards BCFC rather than chants and songs of abuse to opposition fans or the mother of whoever happens to be the current manager of those up at Horfield.

Yes....it's all the fans fault.

How about the players actually try....for a change.

How about the players, for once, actually look like they give a shit.

I've seen City players far worse then some of these muppets given support, because when they get on that pitch they actually looked like they wanted it, they looked like they gave a toss.

These players do not give a toss. When a goal goes in, they just turn and mope back to the centre circle. No boll@ckings being dished out. These players, 2 hours after the Derby debacle....which was one of the worst performances of the season, we're on the train heading for a piss up in London! Any need to tweet it? Personally, I think they should have been in for training on the Sunday.....but to tweet it, rubbed everyone's faces in it.

I would love to know what these players were doing last night? I wonder if even ONE of them, was sat at home, feeling guilty. Feeling guilty that once again, their poor efforts, their lack of commitment and their complete lack of respect....has once again cost another manager their job.

Not one player at this club, can sit home tonight, and say they feel like they have given everything they could to avoid this whole sorry situation.

Get behind these players? The only time I'd want to get behind these pri*cks is if I ever had the chance to kick their asses out of this club

What people do outside of work is totally up to them it just shouldn't affect their work life. As Murray's job is as kitman I do not see how anyone can slate him for having a social life is beyond me.

As long as I turn up for work on Monday and am in a fit state to work then it's none of their business and nor are they bothered in the slightest. Probably the strangest thing I have read on a forum in my life. Everyone should be married to their job clearly.

You've got to realise that there are children on here who have been indoctrinated with the message that Alcohol is a Bad Thing and hypocrites who are out on the lash every night who think that others should act differently.

It's very difficult sometimes to distinguish between them.

You've got to realise that there are children on here who have been indoctrinated with the message that Alcohol is a Bad Thing and hypocrites who are out on the lash every night who think that others should act differently.

It's very difficult sometimes to distinguish between them.

You got to realise that sometimes, when your in a job which is in the public eye, whe you get paid lots of money and where you have responsibilities to lead by example....going out on the lash on a Friday night with a first team player, should be a big no no.

Can't believe the sheep on this forum!!! Do you really believe that in order to be successful City should not employ any ex-players in any capacity. I agree that the notion of Scotty being manager is off the wall, but why whinge about him being retained as kitman? Sorry Sir Alex, bin Mike Phelan, Sorry Arsene, bin Steve Bould, Sorry AVB, bin Tim Sherwiood etc etc etc. Should Alex Russell be sacked from his apparently successful role coaching younger players at AG because he used to play for the club?!!! Perspective, people.

An old boys network may rankle, Didn't hear too many complaints about ex-players being employed when GJ was at the helm and City were on the up!!!

I bet you Scotty is more disappointed everytime we lose than the majority of the players after they've done nothing. I love that man & what he does in his hours he's not working is up to him. Would you expect to be sacked in your place of work because you go out on the piss at the end of the week? Joker

You got to realise that sometimes, when your in a job which is in the public eye, whe you get paid lots of money and where you have responsibilities to lead by example....going out on the lash on a Friday night with a first team player, should be a big no no.

andy has scot boned ur mrs or your mum ur blowing this way out of proportion#relax

Is this the same Scott Murray that represented this club over 400 times while showing the passion and heart (not to mention skill) that we are asking for from our current team?

Is this the same Scott Murray that volunteers to help out with the kids teams at City?

The same Scott Murray that cares deeply about this club and would do anything for anyone in the name of Bristol City.

As an earlier poster said, Murray probably feels the pain of our many embarrassing Saturday afternoons this season more than some our players.

This football club, the entire football world and life in general would be much better if there were more people like Scott Murray knocking about. Anybody who suggests we would benefit from removing Scotty from his position as kitman is frankly wrong.

The fact there seems to be a debate on whether or not we need a new kitman is frankly ludicrous anyway, it becomes even more ridiculous when our current kitman is super Scott.

What the same Scott Murray who 2 weeks ago was pissed out of his mind with Morris?

Great idea - that should sort the squad out - not.

How is the kit man in any way responsible for sorting out the squad for anything other than their kit? I'd say that lies within the managers job description.

Archived